Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Obama's religion?
Christian 59 49.17%
Muslim 34 28.33%
Other 9 7.50%
Don't know 18 15.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 AM

783 posts, read 815,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Poll: Growing number incorrectly call Obama Muslim - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-poll-20100819,0,6160533.story - broken link)

Growing Number of Americans Say Obama is a Muslim: OVERVIEW - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Looks like the anti-Obama propagandists are winning this particular argument - pathetic as it may be.
He is a Unitarian not a muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Obama holds Ramadan dinner yet downplays National Day of Prayer.
Obama tones down National Day of Prayer observance - CNN.com

Actions speak louder than words.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
spoken(typed) like a religous bigot
Hillary Clinton herself brought up his Muslim background during the campaign. She's far from conservative. Leftists believe it also.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
He is a Unitarian not a muslim.
Link please where Obama declares this?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Poll: Growing number incorrectly call Obama Muslim - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-poll-20100819,0,6160533.story - broken link)

Growing Number of Americans Say Obama is a Muslim: OVERVIEW - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Looks like the anti-Obama propagandists are winning this particular argument - pathetic as it may be.
This is what happens when you combine ignornance, fear, hatred and bigotry.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Why do some people love to throw around words like "ignorance", "fear" and "hatred" without any evidence and no idea what those words actually mean.

Are they trying to find a new card to play now that the race card no longer works for them?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
There should be another option " Could not care less".

I am not quite sure what his religion has to do with his aptitude . As long as he is tolerant of other religions ( or those who like myself are avowed Atheists) and not an extremist I really could not care less.

His kids go to a Quaker School , he goes to Church so I would assume he is a Christian at least nominally like the vast majority of Christians who claim Christianity as their own. What he believes in is his own business and I simply do not understand this obsession Americans have with the religious belief of their politicians. Faith should be an introspective thing, something between, him and his conscience and his God ( or lack or therein). He certainly shows no signs of being a Muslim.

I have many Muslim friends and not one of them would "hide" his religion. They are proud of it and would find it shameful to deny their religious affiliation.

Exactly what are the so called "signs" that Obama is a Muslim ? Not half baked paranoid conspiracy theories but facts and proof ? Grow up people and do not believe everything you think. it's dangerous and ill conceived.

Why is it that Americans need all this religious reassurance that their leaders are not only religious but Christians ? I thought America was about freedom of and from religion. I do not see why one has to declare himself Christian to be electable nor why one has to wave one's patriotism in everyone's face at all times simply to be valued as a member of the political classes.

Who bloody cares what Obama believes in as long as he is not an extremist and fundamentalist ? As a member of the public I am more interested in economic policies, stances on education, health and employment, international policies, diplomatic skills, intelligence, integrity and the ability of my leader to be a good upstanding leader of my country.

Christians do worship the same God as the Muslims and the Jews. All three are Abrahamic religions and as such should find a commonality. Islam is not the enemy. Extremists and fundamentalist Islamists are. There is a huge difference and assigning simplistic labels is not terribly helpful and intellectually disingenuous at best.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So why did Hillary Clinton bring it up during the campaign? Her campaign office even released pictures of him in full Islamic garb.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:51 AM

174 posts, read 372,946 times
Nearly 1 in 5 Americans now believe Obama is a Muslim

Well, 50% are obviously as mad as hatters, so that is obviously quite a triumph for moderation!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:59 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hillary Clinton herself brought up his Muslim background during the campaign. She's far from conservative. Leftists believe it also.
yeah during primaries people say the dumbest stuff during primaries where they are running against their party member, but it didnt work lol

and she's in his admin now so that worked out well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies