Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 12:06 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ah, I see. Muslims are the only people who litter, and this gives you the right to yell at them about "polluting our country" (and everyone knows you didn't mean with straws).

Yes, I see "compassionate conservatism" all over the place.

Sickening.
And the standing ovation was because Americans are so concerned about pollution.
Jesus, if I was her I would have left, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:08 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post

And the standing ovation was because Americans are so concerned about pollution.
Jesus, if I was her I would have left, too.
She was probably scared to death. I don't blame her.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 AM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ah, I see. Muslims are the only people who litter, and this gives you the right to yell at them about "polluting our country" (and everyone knows you didn't mean with straws).

Yes, I see "compassionate conservatism" all over the place.

Sickening.
Well, it was a straw and she was the one I saw litter. I usually will say it to anyone I see. She happened to have been the one who was quite arrogantly standing there as she did.

And yes, the same amendment that all of the bleeding heart liberals are standing behind for their rights is right there for me too, but then again it probably does not protect me being I am American.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Being a slob has nothing to do with religion.
Funny how she just happened to be though. Nobody said a religion = being a slob. Thanks for playing, please try again.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Funny how she just happened to be though. Nobody said a religion = being a slob. Thanks for playing, please try again.
What exactly was the purpose of your anecdote?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,625 times
Can anyone find a map to post here to show where it would be? I'd like to see if it really would be at or close to ground zero. I was told it's like a block away but I really don't know.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Between all the buildings on every square meter of street between the two, you won't even be able to see one from the other.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Jill61
IT'S

NOT

A

SHRINE
Shrine, church, whatever?????

Quote:
You mean like the Kotohira Jinsha Shinto Shrine at 1239 Olomea St., just a few minutes from Pearl Harbor? The one built in 1962?
Thats right, a few minutes away....not right next door

Quote:
Bull****. Read Charleton Heston's speech following the Columbine tragedy and tell us why he was wrong to insist that we stop blaming innocent, honest people for the atrocities of a few, and that those same people should not be told they aren't welcome in their own country.
That situation isn't even related to this issue...and can't be compared...

You may have posted it twice, however, it didn't capture my interest to read it...so excuse or not...I did miss it, it holds no relative connection to the issue we are discussing here...

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-29-2010 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What exactly was the purpose of your anecdote?
Allow me to spell it out for you. Will only take a moment. You have my first post on this and got a reaction from a few people saying how wrong it was of me to say that. Now someone read too much into it as well and started using analogize.

My point is there are many die hard liberals who are condeming anyone who says anything about this mosque or whatever you want to call it being built near time square and use what proximity you want to if you need to justify it (you not meaning you directly, but those who are trying to justify it) and when we speak out about it, we are being told we are violating their fist amendment rights.

My point is why are not my first amendment rights just as protected? Why would my statement be considered "bad" when I have my first amendment rights.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Can anyone find a map to post here to show where it would be? I'd like to see if it really would be at or close to ground zero. I was told it's like a block away but I really don't know.
Close enough that the building itself was severely damaged in the attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies