Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,688,445 times

Advertisements

This is a woman who says that same-sex marriage will lead to human extinction. If that's the type of person you want to follow, be my guest, but I would hope that most people here are too smart for that kind of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is a woman who says that same-sex marriage will lead to human extinction. If that's the type of person you want to follow, be my guest, but I would hope that most people here are too smart for that kind of nonsense.
Actually, she called it "Genocide". Which further proves that Beck's rally was a magnet, among others, for extremists. If you build it...they'll come...a circus sideshow, that is.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
What a shame I mean a real shame and pitiful That being a christian classifies people now as an extremist

Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What a shame I mean a real shame and pitiful That being a christian classifies people now as an extremist
That is twisting what was said. She is being called an extremist for calling same sex marriage "genocide".

Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
And, if you READ the entire MLK speech, you will find that it has much in common with conservative values than liberal. How many times do you hear nancy Pelosi talk about freedom or "all men are created equal" How about life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness?
We all know that MLK was for civil rights for blacks. But, he also made it a point to be inclusive not divisive. How many civil rights leaders today are like him?
the fact is that America is tough for many people these days. millions of whites are out of work too. For Al sharpton (and liberals in general) to always make it a white vs black thing is just dispicable.

I ask you to read MLK's speech and see which side he was on... and which side is more American. the answer is easy!!!
Yes, embrace Dr. King and what he stood for.

Dr. King from "Where do we go from here":

There are forty million poor people here, and one day we must ask the question, "Why are there forty million poor people in America?" And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising a question about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. And I'm simply saying that more and more, we've got to begin to ask questions about the whole society. We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. It means that questions must be raised. And you see, my friends, when you deal with this you begin to ask the question, "Who owns the oil?" You begin to ask the question, "Who owns the iron ore?" You begin to ask the question, "Why is it that people have to pay water bills in a world that's two-thirds water?" These are words that must be said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies