Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What is it about you Progressives and your outright, unabashed disdain for the fatties in our midst?

Granted, you guys find them repulsive to look at but to trash them? I don't get it.
You're focusing on the wrong word deary....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you think that thing is hilarious you are more secular than I thought.

I will patiently await the jumping up and down and screaming of the left media reporting any part of that, especially the geese doing anything untoward.
You learned a new word lately, didn't you? Everything is secular. it's secular. I'm secular, everywhere is secular...crack in the vinyl???

Hey maybe you can explain what was the sign from god represented by the unheard of event of geese flying in air.. ????

C'mon , your darling Beck said it was a sign from god ...but no one can tell me what the sign was???

Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
My comment was made in general. It had nothing at all to do with the geese that flew overhead. I suspect the geese flew overhead because the rally was in line with the path they were taking. Frankly I could care less about the geese being there. It may have made things look prettier; maybe a few ooo's and ah's in the crowd but that's it. What real significance did they play in the rally? Probably none. I don't think they were sent from God to create a greater lasting memory for those in attendance.

My comment was made from the standpoint of personal experience, and reading over what people have to say. I will admit that part of it was to poke a little honest fun at liberals, but the rest of it is an astute observation. While yes it happens on the Conservative side too at times, the overwhelming majority of the name calling and negativity is coming from the Left. "I don't like what this person has to say so I think I'll call them names and try to demean their character instead of discussing it like an adult."

We are not perfect, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to be. Right?
""" overwhelming majority of the name calling and negativity is coming from the Left. """

BS. You haven't been here very long OR you have Selective Post Reading Syndrome.

I find the rightists are quite nasty, hate/anger and jealousy being their only emotions and they are always on the surface..

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""" overwhelming majority of the name calling and negativity is coming from the Left. """

BS. You haven't been here very long OR you have Selective Post Reading Syndrome.

I find the rightists are quite nasty, hate/anger and jealousy being their only emotions and they are always on the surface..

Define irony.

Above post.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:47 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
And another thread succumbs to "they are worse than us" syndrome. We should just have all the threads start out that way to save time.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I guess he doesn't know geese go south for the winter, I live some 700 miles north of the Detroit/Windsor
border and saw a flock of geese heading south just yesterday .....even though it was 100Âş here! Beck
is such a drama queen.
Just a word on the whole geese thing: A patient of mine told me the geese are flying south earlier this winter which means we'll have a colder than normal winter. Just thought I'd pass it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
Has anyone else here noticed that the liberal way to debate something is essence...

"Oh, yeah?! Prove it.", or simply "Nuh-uh!"

It's almost painful reading these posts. The incredible lack of what the ancients used to call "Common Sense" is staggering. Conservatives typically use the left side of their brain which controls logic. If you read through so many of these riveting, thought provoking posts, you will notice that liberals tend to be more reactionary and emotional, which is the right side of the brain. Relying on emotion so heavily would explain why there is so little reason and sense to what these people have to say. Now, I'll not say they shouldn't speak, because the 1st amendment guarantees them that right and I won't infringe on that. But for the love of God think about what you are saying before you feel compelled to flap your gums.

I fully expect some well-thought and witty retort like, "Oh yeah?! Maybe YOU'RE the one who needs to think first."

Well, liberals being liberals have shown here in this post that it doesn't matter what is meant or implied in the posts, only the words that are used; WHAT is said. C'mon all you Commie-Libs out there. Your turn
Actually, if a liberal said that, s/he would get their post deleted and an infraction of several days.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just a word on the whole geese thing: A patient of mine told me the geese are flying south earlier this winter which means we'll have a colder than normal winter. Just thought I'd pass it on!
I'm not sure about colder but certainly earlier.

Quote:
Actually, if a liberal said that, s/he would get their post deleted and an infraction of several days.
Ya got that right!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Page 33....

Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,863,813 times
Nothing like a good picture to show the difference between the Beck supporters and the Obama supporters.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/08/a-tale-of-two-rallies-on-the-mall-clean-conservatives-vs-filthy-libs-video/ - broken link)

GL2

Old 08-31-2010, 08:41 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Nothing like a good picture to show the difference between the Beck supporters and the Obama supporters.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/08/a-tale-of-two-rallies-on-the-mall-clean-conservatives-vs-filthy-libs-video/ - broken link)

GL2

Just one of many. It's weird how people on the Left and in the media claim over and over again that is the "crazies" on the right that are hateful, racist, etc Yet, time after time, in most cases when liberals get together, its a much uglier picture than when people on the Right do.

I wont say we are perfect, and I wont say we dont have our share of lunatics. But my gosh, there is a huge difference between liberal supporters and others. The evidence is all over the place, and definitely at last Saturday's rally. Yet the liberals will never admit the obvious and facts. So sad.

Another good example

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ce-really.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies