Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
BBC News - Dozens killed in wave of bombings across Iraq

Dozens killed in Iraq today because they belonged to the wrong sect. This happens virtually on a daily basis in the muslim world, yet I don't ever see any loud protests when muslims kill each other. I do see if if non muslims accidentally kill muslims, or pictures get drawn of mohammed.

Where is the outrage?
Dozens of bodies discovered in Mexico. Where is your outrage? Why haven't you posted about this?

72 bodies found on a ranch in Mexico - CNN.com

These "where is the outrage" posts are becoming tiresome. No group of people have the time or energy to be outraged about every single tragedy in the world. You know this. I know this. We all know this. So every one of these "where is the outrage" posts is a farce. There's outrage somewhere from someone. But you can't force people to be outraged about events that are halfway around the world. People feel outrage when their sensibilities have been violated. Trying to dictate to people when and how they should be outraged is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:

Dozens killed in Iraq today because they belonged to the wrong sect. This happens virtually on a daily basis in the muslim world, yet I don't ever see any loud protests when muslims kill each other. I do see if if non muslims accidentally kill muslims, or pictures get drawn of mohammed.

Where is the outrage?
I know I am asking a bit much, but I want you to consider something. What if the reason for withdrawal is merely to create a scenario where the US is asked to go back in?

Remember when England left India. What happened? It was deliberate.

Remember when Belgium left Rawanda. What happened? It was deliberate.

Check this out, everyone surrounding Iraq and those in Iraq are aware that this is not going to go well. Unless the US is asked we will not go in or should it be short of a civil war. (Which we already know is going to happen).

Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They're muslims radicals. What kind of expectations do you have of them?

I expect them to act like barbarians. So when they do, it's not surprising at all.

When we do something similar, it is a bigger deal AS IT SHOULD BE. We are held to a higher standard because we aspire to a higher standard.
But there's lots of outrage over cartoons of mohammed, or if non muslims accidentally kill muslims.

Why isn't there this outrage from the moderates when muslims kill muslims on a daily basis?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Dozens of bodies discovered in Mexico. Where is your outrage? Why haven't you posted about this?

72 bodies found on a ranch in Mexico - CNN.com

These "where is the outrage" posts are becoming tiresome. No group of people have the time or energy to be outraged about every single tragedy in the world. You know this. I know this. We all know this. So every one of these "where is the outrage" posts is a farce. There's outrage somewhere from someone. But you can't force people to be outraged about events that are halfway around the world. People feel outrage when their sensibilities have been violated. Trying to dictate to people when and how they should be outraged is ridiculous.

Those people were killed over drugs. Drug are illegal, and I don't use them. They weren't killed because of religious differences.

There's FAR more outrage in the muslim world over stupid cartoons than there is for the DAILY suicide bombings in the muslim world.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I know I am asking a bit much, but I want you to consider something. What if the reason for withdrawal is merely to create a scenario where the US is asked to go back in?

Remember when England left India. What happened? It was deliberate.

Remember when Belgium left Rawanda. What happened? It was deliberate.

Check this out, everyone surrounding Iraq and those in Iraq are aware that this is not going to go well. Unless the US is asked we will not go in or should it be short of a civil war. (Which we already know is going to happen).
Wrong, the reason why there was conflict an dviolence upon those withdrawals was because of the "diversity" of the areas.

Notice how there wasn't this violence when the US left Japan and germany.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:

Where is the outrage?
A moderate Muslim on the issue of suicide bombs and murder, is that its acceptable some of the time.

Seriously though, I have no clue what a "moderate Muslim" is supposed to be. We are talking about people using Islam as a reason for murdering innocent people, and I do not see a moderate stance to that. Either you are in favor of freedom, and tolerance and respect for life, or you are not, there is no moderation about it.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:
Those people were killed over drugs. Drug are illegal, and I don't use them. They weren't killed because of religious differences.

There's FAR more outrage in the muslim world over stupid cartoons than there is for the DAILY suicide bombings in the muslim world.
No, there is outrage. Unfortunately, you and much of your little posse starts out with bs over how that is the religion of peace. You don't actually give a damn about those who are killed, you want to use them to further your agenda. Which is quite sick, I might add.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A moderate Muslim on the issue of suicide bombs and murder, is that its acceptable some of the time.

Seriously though, I have no clue what a "moderate Muslim" is supposed to be. We are talking about people using Islam as a reason for murdering innocent people, and I do not see a moderate stance to that. Either you are in favor of freedom, and tolerance and respect for life, or you are not, there is no moderation about it.
Also, get a so called moderate to say they condemn all forms of terrorism. But then, that takes into account what they define as terrorism. lot of so called moderates think that targetting israeli civilians isn't terrorism.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

So?

You are feeling outraged?

Then explain why everyone else should feel outrage.

Make an argument. Be persuasive. Instead of trying to put down or shame people, tell them what's going on and get them to be outraged.

Otherwise, this thread is not about what's going on in Iraq, at all. It's about partisan politics in the United States. Worst of all, partisan politics being played by someone who doesn't even have a horse in the race, since she isn't an American.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
No, there is outrage. Unfortunately, you and much of your little posse starts out with bs over how that is the religion of peace. You don't actually give a damn about those who are killed, you want to use them to further your agenda. Which is quite sick, I might add.
Yes, i'm so much worse than people who kill other people on a daily basis because they belong to wrong sect

How dare I speak my mind or have opinions! I should be silenced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies