Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elezah1288 View Post
AMERICA TURN BACK TO GOD?
How dare you, you big fat tub of stupid.

That was Glenn Beck’s message to all Americans to turn back to GOD? He offended all the Americans at his rally whose GOD is not the Christian GOD Jehovah. There must have been American Buddhist, Muslims, Hindus, etc whose GOD is not Jehovah. Americans whose GOD is Jehovah has not turned away from their GOD.
All this tell me one thing about Glenn Beck’s rally, he don’t know what the message really is and he is talking to and about white Christian America.
We the people were all white. All men created equal were all white.
Go to your Christian hell and take your message with you, Beck.
Beck is a Mormon so I guess it's his GOD
but having watched my share of Omen Movies I can only think of
Glen Beck the Omen Part IV

Old 08-30-2010, 06:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

That was Glenn Beck’s message to all Americans to turn back to GOD? He offended all the Americans at his rally whose GOD is not the Christian GOD Jehovah. There must have been American Buddhist, Muslims, Hindus, etc whose GOD is not Jehovah. Americans whose GOD is Jehovah has not turned away from their GOD.
All this tell me one thing about Glenn Beck’s rally, he don’t know what the message really is and he is talking to and about white Christian America.
you so missed what beck was saying. he said to turn back to god, he also said it didnt matter which god you choose to worship. the rally wasnt about black and white, right and left, but right and wrong. it was a rally for EVERYBODY regardless of race or religion, or even a lack of religion. stop the hate long enough to actually LISTEN to what he is saying, dont just hear the words.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times
Quote:

Your post reveals just how little arguement you have, your frustration with the alternative media, the true grassroots movement happening in America today. Your post is notable for its LACK of details and point/counter-point debate.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
If you don't want to belive in God then fine, but the core values and morals of most religions is a hell of a lot better than moral relativism. Without out an afterlife or responsibilty for your actions on Earth of some kind after you die, there is not right and wrong. One can rape, steal, murder, kidnap and walk around randomly punching babies and it doesn't matter. If that's the kind of world you want to live in then I truly feel sorry for you.
Please, do not ever lose your faith.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
People who don't believe in a god or gods don't just 'do whatever the hell we want to'.... we are varied in belief systems but I subscribe to a 'do no harm' philosophy. Don't need a god to believe in that.
I never said you did, go look at all my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
You can be a very respectful and generous atheist, you don't need to believe God to be a good person, but if there are no consequences then it doesn't matter if you're a polite, law abiding citizen or a serial killer, it's all the same once you're gone. That was my point.
"Turning back to God" shoudn't be viewed as negative as many on this board seem to view it.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I have nothing but the up most contempt for glenn beck, he is indeed, the wind beneath my shorts.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you so missed what beck was saying. he said to turn back to god, he also said it didnt matter which god you choose to worship. the rally wasnt about black and white, right and left, but right and wrong. it was a rally for EVERYBODY regardless of race or religion, or even a lack of religion. stop the hate long enough to actually LISTEN to what he is saying, dont just hear the words.
The OP may have been exaggerating, but Beck's speech is polarizing - between believers and non-believers. Just as you said "he also said it didnt matter which god you choose to worship." This implies "as long as you believe in a god."

You also said he was talking about right and wrong. Belief in god has nothing to do with right and wrong. Belief is simply what you think is true, and you can't just choose your beliefs.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,840 times
Shouldn't God be capitalized?

Shows you all how religious you are....may he smote you for this!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy333 View Post
Gee, this country is doing so great without God in it, why would we turn back to him... duh, sounds like a no brainer to me. I'm not a Glenn Beck fan but come on....big fat tub of stupid???? Go to hell????? What kind of person says that?????? Jesus Rocks!!!!!! He died for you, don't you care?
No one died for me, especially not your mythical creatures of old.
There's not one shred of evidence that there's a god.

If there were, I'm sure you'd provide it.

Quote:
If you don't want to belive in God then fine, but the core values and morals of most religions is a hell of a lot better than moral relativism. Without out an afterlife or responsibilty for your actions on Earth of some kind after you die, there is not right and wrong. One can rape, steal, murder, kidnap and walk around randomly punching babies and it doesn't matter. If that's the kind of world you want to live in then I truly feel sorry for you.
Are you saying that without a god-thing in your life that you would: rape, steal, murder, kidnap and walk around randomly punching babies and it doesn't matter.

Wow, if that's what it takes for you not to commit heinous crimes, please have your fantasy creature in your life.

I don't do those activities and I don't have sky-daddy.
I live in the here and now without committing crimes and I'm atheist.

Quote:
Maybe you should look up what moral relativism means. Do you think morals came from cell mutations and natural selection or do morals come from somewhere else? You can be a very respectful and generous atheist, you don't need to believe God to be a good person, but if there are no consequences then it doesn't matter if you're a polite, law abiding citizen or a serial killer, it's all the same once you're gone. That was my point.
I learned my morals from my agnostic parents.
You have no proof of a god or afterlife, it's all in your collective heads.
Got anything more than that?

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-30-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Are you saying that without a god-thing in your life that you would: rape, steal, murder, kidnap and walk around randomly punching babies and it doesn't matter.

Wow, if that's what it takes for you not to commit heinous crimes, please have your fantasy creature in your life.

I don't do those activities and I don't have sky-daddy.
I live in the here and now without committing crimes and I'm atheist.
Go back and read my posts and tell me if that's what I said. You missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl
I learned my morals from my agnostic parents.
You have no proof of a god or afterlife, it's all in your collective heads.
Got anything more than that?
That's what moral relativism is, there is no right and wrong other than what you believe to be right and wrong. If there is nothing in the end, no consequences, then it DOESN"T MATTER what we do, right and wrong is in the eyes of the beholder. Do you want me to draw you a picture? BTW, only people WAY out on the fringe believe Jesus was "made up".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies