Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times

Advertisements

Maybe he was just venting--OP what are you mixed with?? In small town America people can and would still steal your fishing rod....I hope you are aware of that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 04:20 PM

308 posts, read 427,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Liberals love this stupid word "diversity"! I live in an "unenlightened" agricultural non-diverse state and let me tell you, about 80% of all the crime here in Iowa is committed by some of these "diverse" people. I am of mixed race and I could care less about freaking diversity. I made the mistake of renting a place in the city limits here in Des Moines and some "diverse" genius stole my fishing rod and my tackle box out of my pick-up truck last night( everything was worth probably $40 ).

I can't wait to move out of this "diversity" ghetto and go back to a small, country town where people respect each other and stealing someone's crap is probably the last thing on anybody's mind.

Also, stop making this stupid "diversity" posters I see at work, where they have one Black, one White, one Asian, one Hispanic, one Indian, don't they realize people can see it is all BS? I am done!

I love this guy!

PS - Diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I have friends who live in the deep South, very good friends, who do live in those small towns. Hate to break this to you but a lot of small towns, have crime, burglaries, and kidnappings. As long as there is this thing called the HUMAN RACE, crime will exist, and not just in one Area, but thruout this Country. I understand right now, because of these hard times we are in, there are more roberies, and assults going on along with those who do commit murder. This ain't the Change most of us bargained for, Is it. When things get rough and People are desperate over such a bad economy, crime will exist, in this day and age, people seem not to need a reason to commit crimes, and i don't care what State you live in Crime exists. My Cousin tells me even in these small towns, things have changed, not as free as it use to be.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering that Iowa's prison population is 71% white, I'm not convinced that a lack of diversity is going to solve your deep seated personal problems.

Links...or are we supposed to just take your word for it?

No worries:

Quote:
The issue of racial bias is a sensitive one in Iowa’s prison system because blacks comprise about 25 percent of inmates, compared to about 2.6 percent of blacks in the state’s overall population.

Report finds no bias by Parole Board against black offenders | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Diversity is nothing more than a propaganda mechanism used to:

discriminate against whites
flood the country with illegal immigrants
and.....help your local school system to indoctrinate your child into thinking that being a liberal will make them a better person.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
You are a white supremacist right? The last time I checked the United States has an extremely diverse History. The Spaniards and Germans were in the United States centuries ago. The Native North Americans (people of color) were here first. The Puritans brought their terrible religion and other horrible diseases. etc. Your attacks on diversity and liberalism make no sense. It's fine if you do not agree with homosexuals. However, they have been around for centuries too and all your crying, griping, pouting, finger pointing, grumbling, mumbling, blaming, foot stomping, and tantrums aren't going to change that. Was Adolf Hitler successful at eliminating the Jews? No. They are still here. Did he eliminate the communists? No. As pathetic as they are Stalin was not defeated. See you can't get rid of something that is infinite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Diversity is nothing more than a propaganda mechanism used to:

discriminate against whites
flood the country with illegal immigrants
and.....help your local school system to indoctrinate your child into thinking that being a liberal will make them a better person.

Last edited by artsyguy; 08-31-2010 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are a white supremacist right? The last time I checked the United States has an extremely diverse History. The Spaniards and Germans were in the United States centuries ago. The Native North Americans (people of color) were here first. The Puritans brought their terrible religion and other horrible diseases. etc. Your attacks on diversity and liberalism make no sense.

I love these types of "arguments". The last time I checked it wasn't 1620 anymore.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM

It is 2010. Diversity has become a way of life in America. Are you that ignorant?

Quote:
I love these types of "arguments". The last time I checked it wasn't 1620 anymore.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You are a white supremacist right? The last time I checked the United States has an extremely diverse History. The Spaniards and Germans were in the United States centuries ago. The Native North Americans (people of color) were here first. The Puritans brought their terrible religion and other horrible diseases. etc. Your attacks on diversity and liberalism make no sense. It's fine if you do not agree with homosexuals. However, they have been around for centuries to and all your crying, griping, pouting, finger pointing, grumbling, mumbling, blaming, foot stomping, and tantrums aren't going to change that. Was Adolf Hitler successful at eliminating the Jews? No. They are still here. Did he eliminate the communists? No. As pathetic as they are Stalin was not defeated. See you can't get rid of something that is infinite.

I had to hit the quote button again since I was still typing while you were editing the original post.

Let me just add:

ROFLMMFAO

Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM

Did you not attend social studies class in 6th grade?

Quote:
I had to hit the quote button again since I was still typing while you were editing the original post.

Let me just add:

ROFLMMFAO

Old 08-31-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
It is 2010. Diversity has become a way of life in America. Are you that ignorant?

So discriminating against white people so we can have less white people in a school or work place has become a way of life? I hadn't heard that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies