Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Actually, he was a communist. The two are significantly different.
Yet remarkably similar in their "handling" of any opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Young latin guy in beret is sexier on t-shirts than a wrinkly guy in a cowboy hat.

Just a guess.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You lost all credibility by saying " I do not know of any libs who like Che Guevara"
Do you know any? Please give me examples!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Do you know any? Please give me examples!
You are kidding right? That was just a shoot from the hip invitation to lay you out, wasn't it?

I'd respect a person wearing a tshirt with a fallen US soldiers image on it. These people are, to me, far and away above Che on the hero scale. In fact Che couldn't even make the hero scale. War criminal scale, he'd be right at the top.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:40 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
Thanks for the excerpt, I'm going to read it tomorrow, going to bed right now.

My problem here is that I'm not denying that Che did things that are to be considered murderous and atrocious. He did all that, and he ruined Cuba's agricultural sector to boot, causing or at least not stopping spreading famine in the years after the revolution.

My problem is rather this:

Why such mindless (pardon) generalizations? How does such behaviour encourage discussion and/or further mutual solutions to urgent problems?

Do you really think that Liberals don't read? That they get a kick out of associating with mass murderers? That they do such associating because they are inherently evil and morally bankrupt?

But enough, time to go to sleep.
Hey, I am not the one who idolizes Che, Lenin, Castro, and Mao. MANY on the left glorify these homicidal maniacs. It is just odd that anyone with any common sense whatsoever who values liberty would be fond of these people.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey, I am not the one who idolizes Che, Lenin, Castro, and Mao. MANY on the left glorify these homicidal maniacs. It is just odd that anyone with any common sense whatsoever who values liberty would be fond of these people.
Clapping wildly!!!

Che is just the Hollywood liberals experiment of rebranding a freelance militant thug and terrorist into a revolutionary hero. It's all about the money, and look how well its paying them for their efforts. They've turned yet another lie into a money machine. Nevermind the witless sheep who've followed the lie as some kind of twisted truth. Some pretty amazing $#it really.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are kidding right? That was just a shoot from the hip invitation to lay you out, wasn't it?

I'd respect a person wearing a tshirt with a fallen US soldiers image on it. These people are, to me, far and away above Che on the hero scale. In fact Che couldn't even make the hero scale. War criminal scale, he'd be right at the top.
OK, so you can't name any actual liberals who like Che. Just give me one. There is no doubt that he was a war criminal of the worst sort. But just because you hate Che (who doesn't) and also liberals does not mean that liberals love him.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:06 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I have elderly friends who lost parents relatives in Che' and Castro's bloody revolution. They still have family stuck in Cuba whom they have not seen in decades. Perhaps you should speak to some of these now elderly Cubans whom had to flee their homeland and find out first hand information and experiences before attacking others. Until then
Hey, you can't make an ommelette without leaving egg shells all over the floor. You can't have a convulsive revolution without casualties. Cuba lurched from a kleptocratic, right-wing fascist state under Bautista to a commie left-wing fascist state under Fidel. Of course all of Bautista's rich supporters had to flee for their lives.

I used to work with one of Bautista's nephews. He told me about the mad scramble to flee Cuba with the family's gold, jewels, and cash. How did the Bauistas and their allies become so rich, in such a dirt-poor land, I wonder?

There was a period after taking power where Castro attempted a raproachmont with the US, for whom he actually still has a great deal of respect and affection. We responded by systematically trying to kill him.

At least under the Beared One, the kids all go to college, and there is free health car. Castro is a paranoid, but who wouldn't be, as many times as the CIA has tried to bump him off.

If it were not for 60 years of undermining by the US, who knows what Castro might have accomplished in Cuba? We'll never know.

As the old guard in Miami dies out, maybe we can finally have a saner policy toward Cuba. Everyone would benifit.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You liked Cuba just fine the way it was under Batista, right? Russia the way it was, China the way it was. Just cant imagine why they had such violent revolutions, can you?

I really dont understand how some of you live with yourselves with your paltry awarenesses of history. Not specifically you, LLMOG.

Lets see, What if Ted Nugent rounded up all you Progressive wack-jobs, and executed them dead, never to hear the liberal social collective crap again?

Ted would be the new Che!

Go Ted!!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:53 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Anyone plan to celebrate the assassination of Che' on October 9th?
Actually, Che was executed, not assassinated, reputedly by a half drunk Bolivian Army sergeant who was following orders. The CIA was said to have been quite unhappy about this, they would have much preferred Guevara be turned over to them for interrogation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies