Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:45 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so then what you are saying damn the budget man, fix everyones medical problems regardless of cost. right? despite the fact that it will bankrupt the state? and you are right charity begins at home. those that cant get medical help from the state should go to those charities, like the catholic charities and the various churches, and the many foundations around the country that are set up to help those in need.

we cant just expect the state to handle everything. we have to go out and find the help we need. remember what the bible says, ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. we have to go out and be proactive in getting what we need, not just sit back and let someone else go get it for us. sorry if you feel that is cold, but it is a reality.
I don't necessarily feel that is cold. Some of these sick cannot advocate for themselves & honestly even our food banks here in AZ are broke.
Being raised Catholic, I understand perfectly what 'ask & ye shall receive' means & it didn't have anything to do with mankind asking for help from one another but, from God.
I met a man today who is unemployed. He receives $1.00 over the limit to qualify for medical help. He despertly needs surgery for his feet.(he is diabetic) The local welfare office is trying to find some organization to help him.
These are the people that republicans call 'lazy', etc. & it really bothers me terribly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I am registered independent. I vote for the candidate I believe to be best for my state & government based on their record & qualifications, not party.
Just to be clear, I do not believe that our president is a liberal. If anything I think he is closer to the center.
Unfortunatly, I haven't heard much in the way of ideas from either party that will help bring this country out of the mess we are in,
Band-aids at best from republicans & Dem's.
I do know that things have become increasingly worse in my state of AZ.
Obama had the most liberal voting record in the senate, what more proof do you need?

And you may be registered as an independent, but I've read enough of your posts to know that you side with the democrats 10-1 on just about every issue you've posted about. Don't worry, I wouldn't want to be associated with the dems right now either.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Obama had the most liberal voting record in the senate, what more proof do you need?

And you may be registered as an independent, but I've read enough of your posts to know that you side with the democrats 10-1 on just about every issue you've posted about. Don't worry, I wouldn't want to be associated with the dems right now either.

I side with who I believe to be the lessor or the two evils & yes IMO that happens to be the Dems most times but, not always.
I have no fear of being associated with the Dems, in fact, thank you, I am flattered!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:

I side with who I believe to be the lessor or the two evils & yes IMO that happens to be the Dems most times but, not always.
I have no fear of being associated with the Dems, in fact, thank you, I am flattered!
Well then embrace your democratic self, don't try to hide it under the guise of "I'm a registered independent".

And yes, Obama is a loony-left-liberal. Feel free to look up his senatorial voting record. Lib-duhhhhhh-rul.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
I don't necessarily feel that is cold. Some of these sick cannot advocate for themselves & honestly even our food banks here in AZ are broke.
that is true, but it is due to the economy more than anything else.

Quote:
Being raised Catholic, I understand perfectly what 'ask & ye shall receive' means & it didn't have anything to do with mankind asking for help from one another but, from God.
it has not only to do with god, but with man as well. ask god for help, but you still need to get out and look for that help, but with god opening doors for you. otherwise you are likely spinning your wheels.

Quote:
I met a man today who is unemployed. He receives $1.00 over the limit to qualify for medical help. He despertly needs surgery for his feet.(he is diabetic) The local welfare office is trying to find some organization to help him.
These are the people that republicans call 'lazy', etc. & it really bothers me terribly.
you do realize that there are a number of different programs that ahcccs has dont you? there are also free clinics. talk to the catholic hospitals, perhaps they can help him.

and these are NOT the people that are the lazy ones. the ones that are called lazy are the ones that have been offered jobs, but turn them down to stay on the government dole. i worked for the salvation army hospitality house one winter as their winter program driver. and there were many times i heard guys talk about being offered jobs here in tucson that paid $12-15 per hour, but they would turn down those jobs because they were not going to get the $25 per hour that they got back in michigan doing the same work. they would rather sponge off the charity of others instead. THAT is lazy. i would work minimum wage jobs here, even though i was making double or more in other states doing the same job.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Well then embrace your democratic self, don't try to hide it under the guise of "I'm a registered independent".

And yes, Obama is a loony-left-liberal. Feel free to look up his senatorial voting record. Lib-duhhhhhh-rul.
You are entitled to your opinion<<<oopps thats the liberal side of me
I do NOT always vote for democrates & thats a fact.
But you keep on believing what you do & preachin what YOU think, I am sure that nobody cares.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
You are exactly correct. Our Governor has managed to hurt our economy greatly with her misguided blabbing.
We have also sold many of our state buildings just to rent them back at exorbitant costs. This was done to 'balance' the books for the year & this made the budget 'look' better than it actually was.
Jan Brewer is a disaster for AZ.
No doubt, but what's a person to do? AZ is solidly republican and will pay the price for it.

OTOH, I am tired of all the anchor babies here. So it goes both ways. There is no reason I should, as a US citizen, be paying $1200 for insurance when someone who isn't even supposed to be here gets health care for free. But that is a separate issue and even republicans think I should be paying $1200 a month for health care insurance, as they only care about big business.

There has to be a solution somewhere. I say let the first anchor baby slide in terms of health care and US citizenship, then it's birth control all the way - no more benefits. Then let's start taking care of AMERICANS. And not necessarily in that order.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that is true, but it is due to the economy more than anything else.

it has not only to do with god, but with man as well. ask god for help, but you still need to get out and look for that help, but with god opening doors for you. otherwise you are likely spinning your wheels.

[Some of these people cannot 'get out' & look for help.]

you do realize that there are a number of different programs that ahcccs has dont you? there are also free clinics. talk to the catholic hospitals, perhaps they can help him.

[Thats what this man was doing, going back to the welfare office because they told him they were looking for help but, they told him it was a longshot & would continue to try.]

and these are NOT the people that are the lazy ones. the ones that are called lazy are the ones that have been offered jobs, but turn them down to stay on the government dole. i worked for the salvation army hospitality house one winter as their winter program driver. and there were many times i heard guys talk about being offered jobs here in tucson that paid $12-15 per hour, but they would turn down those jobs because they were not going to get the $25 per hour that they got back in michigan doing the same work. they would rather sponge off the charity of others instead. THAT is lazy. i would work minimum wage jobs here, even though i was making double or more in other states doing the same job.
[I have read enough threads on CD & have personally heard people talking & the majority of those who are republicans do group ALL of those who are poor & need help together with the 'lazy'.
I hate those who would rather stay on state or goverment assistance rather than work because of the bad reputation they give those who truly need help.
I wish I had the answers. I do not. I am not smart enough to begin to try to fix things.
I only know that letting people die because of lack of money due to inept politicians running our budgets into the ground & being unaccountable for it should be a crime. No matter which party is at fault!]

Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No doubt, but what's a person to do? AZ is solidly republican and will pay the price for it.

Then let's start taking care of AMERICANS. And not necessarily in that order.
I couldn't agree more!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:28 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
[I have read enough threads on CD & have personally heard people talking & the majority of those who are republicans do group ALL of those who are poor & need help together with the 'lazy'.
I hate those who would rather stay on state or goverment assistance rather than work because of the bad reputation they give those who truly need help.
I wish I had the answers. I do not. I am not smart enough to begin to try to fix things.
I only know that letting people die because of lack of money due to inept politicians running our budgets into the ground & being unaccountable for it should be a crime. No matter which party is at fault!]
Ok, well, I'm a US citizen. Do you agree I should go broke paying $1200 insurance premiums while we let illegals have babies here and go on AHCCCS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies