Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Dear, dear,dear, oh dear, let me be perfectly clear.

It is not consumer protection to limit my access to health care services and to decide what I may and may not recieve or what treatments my doctor is allowed to offer of those already determined as safe.

Were the Obama administration concerned abaout either cost or protection they would look into tort reform. Nope this is all about control and forcing the evolution toward government controlled single payer health system. The same system that is currently failing and bankrupting Great Britain.
PolitiFact | Create a National Health Insurance Exchange - Obama promise No. 52:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, there are lots of good parts of this Act, which will benefit you. Are you really asking me to go look up stuff in it for you? I thought you knew it inside out and backwards, judging from your adamant rejection of it. Hmmm.

Don't state facts unless you can back it up with some kind of proof!

Why are you so reluctant to provide us proof of how great this is and how it's going to "Benefit" me ? You seem to know so much about this bill and how great it is you should be dying to prove us all wrong!

I know the Mass health care inside/out and since it's a "Model" of Obamacare I'd say I know quite a bit about it.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
There cannot be a rational discussion of Obamacare legislation because its ramifications are unknown and approval was admitedy make without conversational knowledge of all its legal and economic implications.

Speaking to a single variable in no way validates the entire legislation whatever positive results may be realized by a specific category of people.

The growing tentacles of an administrative labrynth have been unleashed to stun small business and restrict choices that were promise would continue.

The massive legislation must be nullified as there is no time to legislate changes and no way to understand the implication of those changes on elements scattered in the 2,200 page document. This document would require a lifetime of study before any meaningful modifications could be made.

Please, if any legislator makes a claim based on the Obamacare legislation, ask that the page, paragraph and sentence that supports that claim be cited.
Great post - exactly! Couldn't rep you, but I'll give you

Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Of course you realize that everyone's premiums are even now being raised to cover the cost of paying for people who are already sick?

Oh, and that the availability of coverage allows people to go without insurance until they actually need it?

It's kinda like letting you buy car insurance after the accident...

It's kind of a catch 22...

I don't think anyone should be denied health care for any reasons.

You're right about people not getting coverage until they need it. I know that if costs get any higher I will be canceling my policy and just getting a new one when needed. When more people start doing this you'll see costs really start going through the roof.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:31 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Yawn...........

Sorry, some are not so easily fooled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-_SG...eature=related

Keep peddling your propaganda though as eventually someone else may take you up on that Kool-aid.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Don't state facts unless you can back it up with some kind of proof!

Why are you so reluctant to provide us proof of how great this is and how it's going to "Benefit" me ? You seem to know so much about this bill and how great it is you should be dying to prove us all wrong!

I know the Mass health care inside/out and since it's a "Model" of Obamacare I'd say I know quite a bit about it.
I dont want to have to go look this up for you and quote it for you. I've done it plenty enough in the past and I have things to do today, believe it or not. Look it up yourself.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yawn...........

Sorry, some are not so easily fooled.

YouTube - Obama Single Payer Strategy State Power

Keep peddling your propaganda though as eventually someone else may take you up on that Kool-aid.
Lol, someone's youtube video vs. Politifact. Outstanding demonstration of RW values

I like the Kool-Aid reference, too. Did you make that up yourself?

(Don't be afraid of Politifact, even though you've been told to be There's a lot on there that backs up your own contentions.)

Old 09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I don't think anyone should be denied health care for any reasons.
You would like Canada then - no one is technically denied care - it's just delayed until after the funeral...

Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, someone's youtube video vs. Politifact. Outstanding demonstration of RW values

I like the Kool-Aid reference, too. Did you make that up yourself?

(Don't be afraid of Politifact, even though you've been told to be There's a lot on there that backs up your own contentions.)
You don't accept your leader's own words? Are you suggesting he is a liar?

Nice deflection trying to mock the source rather than the message straight out of the messenger's mouth. Fail. Yawn..........

Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1.[/quote
;I disagree.
You do not have to be in business at all or, own a home.
This is true, but there is a 100% chance that 100% of us will one day wind up at a Dr. office, hospital, nursing home or morgue. If we are not insured the state or the federal government picks up that cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies