Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:38 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You should learn to differentiate between RINO's and conservatives.

'Moderate Republican' is code for RINO,basically a Dem with 'R' behind his name who has no principles.
Castle is absolutely a RINO. I agree with those who think he may try to run as an independent. It is pretty low class and reeks of "old boy politics" when he couldn't be bothered to congratulate O'Donnell the evening she won the primary. Good riddance to the old "boys club" politics of the elites as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:39 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Moderates are unimportant,they do not vote and despite all the lies are a small group...
Please put the Conservative Kool-Aid down. It's impeding you ability to think clearly and rationally. In any election appealing to moderates is on of the most important things you can do after you've secured your base. It's basically how Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008.

By way early polling shows Christine O'Donnell is down by 11 point to her Democratic rival. She's got about 6 weeks to make up ground. It will be interesting to say the least to see what her strategy will be.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
This must be the one CNN was telling us is a bad candidate. So far I have heard nothing she says that I disagree with. According to the Bible, women should not be in the military. I have no problem with the men in our country defending our right to be free. The more CNN talked the better I liked her and I don't even know her name. CNN needs to have a value check. Their value system is flawed.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:44 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Boy, if you disagree with with the right wing on one of their issues that makes you anti-American.

They just throw these slurs around to who ever they wish.

I wonder if Delaware's voters will fall for this kook?
She won in the primary didn't she? ..

Old 09-17-2010, 09:47 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This must be the one CNN was telling us is a bad candidate. So far I have heard nothing she says that I disagree with. According to the Bible, women should not be in the military. I have no problem with the men in our country defending our right to be free. The more CNN talked the better I liked her and I don't even know her name. CNN needs to have a value check. Their value system is flawed.
The Bible has nothing to do if women serve in the military or not. If the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have proved nothing else it has shown that women are very capable of serving and serving quite well in a vareity of roles that often involved being in combat situations.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You like the idea of the government forcing rape and incest victims to bear their rapists' children, huh? That's what O'Donnell wants.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because we are supposed to "enable" here in America, not compel people to advance themselves
  1. Please, go back and study the Constitution and founding documentation of this wonderful Country. The Government "IS NOT AUTHORIZED" to "enable" anyone to advance. Our founding documents "open the door" to allow anyone to "enable" themselves, period! It's called exercising the gift America gives each of us to take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S SELF!
All this "enabling," "safety nets," etc., have nearly brought our wonderful Country to its knees. We have basically allowed the government to "enable" people to dependency on government...totally 180 degrees from the wonder of this Country's Constitution.

As for Christine, the immigrant issue she is against, from what I have heard, is illegal immigration!

I am anti all illegal immigration! Note, illigal by its very definition means that "all" illegal immigrants are criminal since they broke the law by entering this country "ILLEGALY!" Its just a matter of degree from illegal entry to the horror of drug runners and other really bad criminals including terrorists, murderers, and all the rest.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Castle is absolutely a RINO. I agree with those who think he may try to run as an independent. It is pretty low class and reeks of "old boy politics" when he couldn't be bothered to congratulate O'Donnell the evening she won the primary. Good riddance to the old "boys club" politics of the elites as usual.
Hhh, how willing would you be to congratulate an opponent that tried to suggest you were having a homosexual affair?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
She now says that her anti-masturbation views are part of her "youthful past".

Christine O'Donnell: O'Donnell says youthful fervor led to moral views - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/sc-dc-0918-odonnell-views-20100917,0,999055.story - broken link)

Yes, because most young people are against masturbation. I can easily understand.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Cops: Kids can't pray at U.S. Supreme Court

No disruption and no demonstration and no classroom.

PS, I forgot this part: 'The prayer was stopped based on a statute, 40 U.S.C. §6135, which bars parades and processions on Supreme Court grounds.'...

A lot of people, including teachers and school administration are confused by this. You can pray anyplace you want, you can even teach about Christianity. You can even display some items, providing that they are a part of a larger display that includes other religions. The state cannot promote/endorse one religion over another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies