Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
By knowing about things like body mechanics and leverage.

On the other hand if it were you who were the bad guy, anyone knowing anything right about stopping you, would stop you before the last 21 foot distance was covered.

I am not saying you are a bad guy, but using what you may know as the case example of a bad guy.

Any bad guy bring either knuckles or a knife to my place is going to loose before he gets started.

I am old, I am brittle, I am in pain all the time, more than most bad guys can dish out, and i am mean and grumpy.

2 years ago, 2 wize guys showed up in my door yard while i was weeding in the garden. They drove a pick up truck. I couldn't see the truck because the barn was between us.

I had no idea if it was friends coming un-expected or what.

When I saw the truck 2 guys were in it looking around. I walked over smiled and leaned on the truck asking if I could offer assistance believing they were lost.

I was leaning on the passanger door, and the driver asked what I might do if they were robbers, as he peeled his coat back revealing a pistol grip.

I smiled since my right hand was already on mine behind my back, and told him he would be the first dead guy if that pistol moved 1 inch.

Why I was so nice, I just let them both go. I have called the cops in the past and been told they are not my personal body guards, so saw no point to call the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 06:29 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times
Quote:
I don't believe there's a 25' room in my house.
Seriously, your attempt to continue this argument by disputing the room sizes of your house/apt/tent/yurt/whatever is pathetic.

It's laughable that you even attempt to convince people you are some sort of bulletproof superman that can disarm any and all attackers without receiving so much as a scratch.

Everyone is entitled to their fantasies but publicly proclaiming them on a forum is beyond absurd.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:32 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Seriously, your attempt to continue this argument by disputing the room sizes of your house/apt/tent/yurt/whatever is pathetic.

It's laughable that you even attempt to convince people you are some sort of bulletproof superman that can disarm any and all attackers without receiving so much as a scratch.

Everyone is entitled to their fantasies but publicly proclaiming them on a forum is beyond absurd.
And your assertion than an attacker would have the advantage of surprise or distance is absurd also.

I know my place, he doesn't.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times
Quote:
And your assertion than an attacker would have the advantage of surprise or distance is absurd also.

I know my place, he doesn't.
Whatever, enjoy your delusions.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Ok TKramer lets just say I am the bad guy. I got a .45 pistol with side sights

I marked you in Home Depot and you have a counterfit Rolex on I took for real because i am a bumbling idiot, so figured you had more good stuff, like gold maple leaf dollars from CDN in a shoe box.

So I staked out the place and watched you leave.

You went to the 7-11 just down the street for coffe, and came right back catching me in the closet looking for that shoe box. You made a verbal threat and that was the last thing you ever did, because i just shot you.

All I found in the closet was a box full of used kitty litter.

No offence intended i am just trying to paint a mental picture. mac

Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,861,004 times
A neighbor was coming home from shopimg w/his wife about 8pm, he saw a bunch of teens walking down the street (mixed neighborhood, never thought twice about it till the came in the garage and tried to take the womans purse. Th man, not a small guy, hit one of them with a shovel and they took off. With the other petty crimes going on and little police protection thangs were dicey, and all the neighborhood started arming themselves.

Sure enough a few weeks later another neighbor was coming home about 8pm w/his wife in a rain storm, they pulled in there driveway and saw the gangbanging punks and sat in there car. The punks seemed to move on, so the man went and opened the door his wife followed as she was closing the door the punk pushed the door in and came threw the door with a handgun. That's when the ladies husband pulled out a 40 glock and shot the intruder in the chest. The man layed on the ground saying I'm sorry I'm sorry. the cops came along with a ambulance. The punk azz intruder died on the way to the hospital. Never much in the paper just somethan about how not much crime in this area, what a joke. The other 2 punks were caught , but they were good boy's that didn't know this was gona happen. No where near the foot traffic there once was, but it's never far off, such is the life in the wild wild west of west bank New Orleans.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Americans need to be armed in their homes because home invasions are rampant. But with all these stupid gun policies, there's no choice for law-abiding citizens.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ok TKramer lets just say I am the bad guy. I got a .45 pistol with side sights

I marked you in Home Depot and you have a counterfit Rolex on I took for real because i am a bumbling idiot, so figured you had more good stuff, like gold maple leaf dollars from CDN in a shoe box.

So I staked out the place and watched you leave.

You went to the 7-11 just down the street for coffe, and came right back catching me in the closet looking for that shoe box. You made a verbal threat and that was the last thing you ever did, because i just shot you.

All I found in the closet was a box full of used kitty litter.

No offence intended i am just trying to paint a mental picture. mac
Really. How'd you get in? You're not going to jimmy the lock or break down the door without me noticing something amiss. Meanwhile, you're too busy poking through the closet--I know, I have trouble finding things in there myself--to even notice that I've come back. You feel a safe come down on your spine, and then hear the crack as your wrist breaks.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Default "The police will protect me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Since the police were alerted to a hostage situation while the woman was in the bank, one would have to wonder why the LEOs were so glacially slow in responding, allowing the perps to rape, murder, and incinerate that unfortunate family.

BTW, it IS a good idea to be prepared for bad guy problems. Especially in the "safety" of your own home.

I'm stunned that the police aren't catching MASSIVE flack for their failure in this case.

From the OP's link:

Vignola acknowledged that more than a half-hour passed between the call and the time he saw Hayes and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky run out of the house, get into the Petits' car and attempt to flee. They were captured after crashing into a police blockade.
Police then noticed the house had been set on fire.
Vignola testified that there had been no sign of activity in the home and that police were following procedure by setting up a perimeter. If he had known what was going on inside, Vignola testified, "I would have been the first one through that door."

More than a little too late for regrets...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies