Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM

785 posts, read 620,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The different African cultures are all different from each other, from the Haitians, and from Blacks in America, but the government doesn't distinguish amongst them. They don't care if you're light skinned, dark skinned, mulatto, whatever, you're just Black...no matter what culture you belong to. Same thing with Hispanic, they don't care where you're from, they ask if your RACE is Hispanic, not what culture you're from. All lumped together.

For the record, I had not seen this reply from you when I said you haven't taken a stand one way or the other. This post is the only one in which you admit that Hispanics (which the government said is a race) can be discriminated against. You haven't said that you disagree with such discrimination though, so you must not have a problem with it.

Dude, you are breathtakingly stupid. Go back and re-read the posts. Try and pay attention and both COMPREHEND and RETAIN the information. As to the point of African cultures being different, yes. As to the point of the Fed gov looking at the Negroe race as such, yes, just as they look at Caucasians for such. That is not racist, it is science. You think by changing the arguement you will get out of your previous lies, contradictions, and distortions, but it will not work. I am waaay to vigilant.

THanks for playing though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,538,508 times
My opinion on why conservatives are so quick to say anyone who even talks about race,..is a racist...the blame the victim rallying cry, that they love to pull...

IMO, it's a way to keep racism alive and even make it worse, in their mind (at least a good amount of them)....
think about it, if a neighborhood was full of crime and the response to deal with that was, there's no crime or criminals, let's just stop talking about it and the issue (crime in my example), will go away....let the neighborhood police itself without anyone to watch over it.....
if that's done, what would any logical person, think is going to happen to the crime in the neighborhood?....hello.
That's why I think folks like Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck, go after anyone who even mentions race at all in anything and really craps on those that do, when, it could very well be an issue (like the % of blacks that are unemployed in the US, vs the % of whites in the US that are unemployed)....
they figure if no one talks about it, and does anything about it, it will "just go away", when they, wink, wink, at the same time, since they know, down inside, that's not realistic.
of course, conservatives will scream about reverse racism (against whites, without blinking an eye)....go figure....
bring on the haters.....

Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM

[quote=K-Dawg;15942140]Well let's take off the liberal rose-colored glasses and look at the situation empirically...

For forty-five years now the government has been throwing money at underprivileged minorities under the guise of the War on Poverty. They told us that poverty breeds crime so if we just throw money at underclass, we'll pull them up the social latter and the crime would cease. Fast forward forty-five years later, and what have you got to show for all the money that's been confiscated from people who earned it and redistributed among those who didn't? More poverty? More violence? More births out of wedlock? I don't have the statistics on me, but if you were to compare the black community in 2010 to the black community in 1960, you would see that despite the racism and jim crow laws of those days, all in all blacks were in much better shape than they are today.

Clearly shows you're way out in leftfield....out of the ballpark, actually

Obama would have been lucky to be elected a state senator, in 1960, if he was 47 years old back then.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM

The government is not the only reason why minorities, have a better chance of being poor than non minorities (even though cons would love one to believe so).....
The main reason is generational wealth, along minority families, can't even sniff generational wealth, along white families.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
the dixiecrats were liberal. the descendants of them and the majority of them remained democrats. Since you are obviously uneducated on this topic, may I suggest you graduate high school and study facts and not liberal lies.

as for lies, lets see... you name as many dixiecrats that became republican, and I will name 3 times that number that remained democrat.

Here is the difference between you and I, I have actually researched the subject and stopped believing the lies the dems and the liberals have told me and my family for years. I know that all they care about is our votes and will lie and exploit us to gain those votes.

The most racist cities I have ever lived in where always liberal cities. The conservative cities I have lived in believed in judging the persons character not the color of their skin, you know just like the difference between the Republicans and the Dems.
My friend, your ignorance on the topic is almost unbearable. Fortunately I am blessed to have graduated from high school, and am close to having completed my post-secondary studies. However my friend, I don't understand why you are getting so worked up over our little debate we have going on here. People have fundamental differences, and finding common ground on these differences is not an easy task. I will try to explain my arguments to you in a more simplistic manner though, so here goes...

1) The richest black county in the country is in Maryland, which is a state that leans blue. That being said, even those well-to-do blacks in the Atlanta and Houston areas live in predominately blue areas. Those are facts and until you prove me wrong, I suggest you shut the........

2) What percentage of southern whites vote for the Democratic Party? To even suggest that the descendants of the segregationists are friends with any liberals would be an insult to my intelligence. Funny though how the party full of folks fighting for states' "rights" are stuck wondering why that kind of rhetoric is not attracting their black counterparts to join their party...

3) The most racist cities you have lived in is irrelevant. That is what we refer to as an o-p-i-n-i-o-n. Again though, if I were to make a thread polling black folks here on C-D as to whether they would feel more comfortable living in a 99% white town in Vermont or Maine, versus a 99% white town in Louisiana or Oklahoma, which choice do you think would be more popular?

You have not backed up your claims with any facts, and it is getting really annoying reading your chicken scratch. The wiser move for you now would be to apologize, accept your wrongs, and move on. ps: your 'graduate form high school' joke actually hurt my feelings

Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM

The most racist cities you have lived in is irrelevant. That is what we refer to as an o-p-i-n-i-o-n. Again though, if I were to make a thread polling black folks here on C-D as to whether they would feel more comfortable living in a 99% white town in Vermont or Maine, versus a 99% white town in Louisiana or Oklahoma, which choice do you think would be more popular?

Summed up perfectly.....

Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,262,429 times
[quote=beenhereandthere;15965574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Well let's take off the liberal rose-colored glasses and look at the situation empirically...

For forty-five years now the government has been throwing money at underprivileged minorities under the guise of the War on Poverty. They told us that poverty breeds crime so if we just throw money at underclass, we'll pull them up the social latter and the crime would cease. Fast forward forty-five years later, and what have you got to show for all the money that's been confiscated from people who earned it and redistributed among those who didn't? More poverty? More violence? More births out of wedlock? I don't have the statistics on me, but if you were to compare the black community in 2010 to the black community in 1960, you would see that despite the racism and jim crow laws of those days, all in all blacks were in much better shape than they are today.

Obama would have been lucky to be elected a state senator, in 1960, if he was 47 years old back then.
I'm sure there are many, many more black people doing well in 2010 than there were in 1960. Was there really even a black middle class back then? I'm not that old to remember the '60s.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,100,667 times
Quote:
Well let's take off the liberal rose-colored glasses and look at the situation empirically...

For forty-five years now the government has been throwing money at underprivileged minorities under the guise of the War on Poverty.

That's interesting, as has been pointed out time and again the largest group of recipients of poverty funds are white americans

[quote]I don't have the statistics on me, but if you were to compare the black community in 2010 to the black community in 1960, you would see that despite the racism and jim crow laws of those days, all in all blacks were in much better shape than they are today.

That is because they don't exist.
In the late 1950s, the poverty rate for all Americans was 22.4 percent, or 39.5 million individuals. These numbers declined steadily throughout the 1960s, reaching a low of 11.1 percent, or 22.9 million individuals, in 1973. Over the next decade, the poverty rate fluctuated between 11.1 and 12.6 percent, but it began to rise steadily again in 1980. By 1983, the number of poor individuals had risen to 35.3 million individuals, or 15.2 percent.
National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

One might note that the rise in poverty in the 1980's wasn't the result of the War on Poverty, but the beginning of the War on the Poor.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,331,804 times
Quote:

I would of stayed out of it, until you inserted that 'blacks' were better off 47 years ago than today...

Have you interviewed a 'black person' (stupid terminology but it's all most know)...anyhow have you interviewed any American of African decent, who lived back then?
(1963)
Or is that just your opinion?

Or, are you a person of African decent who was around 47 years ago to make such an assertion??

I'm just curious how you come to that conclusion....

(oddly enough, that happen to be the year that a bomb exploded outside of a Baptist church, where many civil rights meetings were held, killing 4 young 'blck' girls in Sunday school attendence in Birmingham, AL)

Last edited by Time and Space; 09-20-2010 at 09:15 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 PM

[quote=Time and Space;15966974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post

I would of stayed out of it, until you inserted that 'blacks' were better off 47 years ago than today...

Have you interviewed a 'black person' (stupid terminology but it's all most know)...anyhow have you interviewed any American of African decent, who lived back then?
(1963)
Or is that just your opinion?

Or, are you a person of African decent who was around 47 years ago to make such an assertion??

I'm just curious how you come to that conclusion....

(oddly enough, that happen to be the year that a bomb exploded outside of a Baptist church, where many civil rights meetings were held, killing 4 young 'blck' girls in Sunday school attendence in Birmingham, AL)
Nah, I'm a first generation American, with no parents or elders, who just came down from a spaceship, so I couldn't have "interviewed" anybody...
Whatever, I guess you believe in Santa as well, if you really stand by that uninformed desperate statement....
if you're old enough to actually say something like that and you're black, than my apologizes....
but if you're not and really believe that, you're most likely a typical Faux viewer who is repeating an O'Reilly or Beck talking point....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies