Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,697,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, there are other methods and ways. My daughter and her husband utilized these various methods for 8 years before deciding it was time to have a family. So, any excuse is just that - an excuse.
And I've been having sex regularly for nearing a decade now and haven't gotten pregnant, thankfully, but who knows?

I was a birth control baby. My best friend got pregnant while using birth control AND condoms.

Mistakes happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
VIABILITY is the standard, is it not? It doesn't matter if the fetus needs to be transplanted. If the child can survive outside of the womb, in any manner, the child is considered viable, then the interest of the state outweight the interests of the woman. One day, fetuses will become viable within days or a week or so due to technology.
Wait...whatever happened to you hating 'nanny states'? Isn't the state forcing a woman to have a child the very definition of a nanny state?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM

68,379 posts, read 54,619,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Been trying to convince liberals for years that abortion is a BUSINESS, of the worst brand (fascist) (NOT A RIGHT)

A business no different than any other medical procedure.

your point is?

5,412 posts, read 4,252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So the "Beta Man" basically wants to make sure that women who act "irresponsibly" get punished with a child. How predictable.
If they weren't raped, then there are consequences for actions, are they not, or should everyone be able to kill things that are not convient to them?

You enable irresponsibility. I'm not one of those people who thinks abortion shouldn't be allowed for rape or the life of the mother. I have a problem with it being used as a form of birth contorl, which just enables irresponsible behavior.

Quote:
Why should the child suffer for the parents' irresponsibility? How is that being "responsible" for ones actions if you can kill your offpsring to avoid responsibility because you got drunk?

If you knew the option wasn't there, you would be much less likely to engage in the risky behavior, would you not?

Then liberals cry "don't tell me what to do! I should be able to do everything I want!"
No, because I don't engage in 'risky' behavior in the first place. But if abortion were illegal, I can guarantee you women will still find a way to do it.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wait...whatever happened to you hating 'nanny states'? Isn't the state forcing a woman to have a child the very definition of a nanny state?
Wrong, you act like the state is forcing a woman to have sex against her will and have a child, like in the handmaid's tale.. The state is PREVENTING her from unnaturally terminating a natural process.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

20,501 posts, read 12,438,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
don't be silly! just think like a conservative! If you stick your fingers in your ears really deep, squint your eyes really hard, and stamp your feet long enough - there simply wont ever be any unwanted children. or anyone in need of anything, ever!

easy-peasy!

Interpretation:

We should kill unwanted children so there won't be any unwanted children…

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No, because I don't engage in 'risky' behavior in the first place. But if abortion were illegal, I can guarantee you women will still find a way to do it.
Oh, so women are beyond being expected to obey laws? Should rape and murder be legalized becuase they'll just do it anyways?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,999,093 times
Quote:
One of my favorite things about liberals, is that when they think they have a right to something, they also think it should be "free" meaning, someone else has to pay for it.
betamanlet !!! ... On The Money !

Yes indeed ... You have without a doubt described the gross foolishness of so many of America's "Looney Libs" !

Thanks Y'all / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,308,946 times
Oh good, more unwanted children for sanctimonious reactionaries to adopt. I wonder who will be first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies