Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Is there a J Street in Washington DC?
Does it reeeeeeally matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,245,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Does it reeeeeeally matter?
Yes.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,661,959 times
Quote:
YOu people are buying that story like it actually happened. the street she claimed it happened on doesn't even exist. There is no J Street in Washington, DC.
Well, here's another post I must respond to. YES, it happened. Do you think abortion is a 21st century invention? How do you think the birth rate declined during the depression, when most people had no jobs or money and certainly could not afford a boatload of children? Oh, men absolutely astound me.

Want more details? I asked the abortionist and nurse some questions. None of them would answer or even look at me. Afterward I opened my eyes and there was blood all over the people in attendance. When I was able to get up and walk out (with the aid of my, huh, I hate to call him husband) I was not able to walk far and had to sit. Suddenly, I became totally blind. I know that sounds unbelievable, and to this day I really don't know if it was physical or just my mind's reaction to what just happened; I didn't want to SEE what had happened, but I'd go with the latter. Anyway, the blindness lasted for about a half-hour. I was very scared.

Men shouldn't discuss things they can never experience or know anything about. Really. I can't wait to read more of these gems from the male 'perspective'.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 PM

8,896 posts, read 5,385,644 times
Quote:
"PPFA is a federation of 89 independent Planned Parenthood affiliates around the United States. These affiliates together operate 850 locations, offering a variety of information and procedures to more than three million people, including: contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion. Not all procedures are available at all locations.
"Planned Parenthood receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts ($349.6 million in FY 2008). In the 2007–08 Annual Report, clinic income totaled $374.7 million and miscellaneous operating revenues $68.9 million. Planned Parenthood is also heavily sponsored by private individuals, with over 700,000 active individual contributors.[8] Large donors such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contribute a substantial part of the organization's budget.[9] Pro-life groups have long advocated the boycott of these private organizations."

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And your point is .....?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,661,959 times
Quote:
But if Fox Terrier's situation never took place, your sister didn't have a similiar situation. She had her own situation.
Go back and, not only read my original post, try to put some reading comprehension into it.

I said I thought it was J Street.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Go back and, not only read my original post, try to put some reading comprehension into it.

I said I thought it was J Street.
So of all the streets you thought it might have been on, it was the one that doesn't actually exist, and has never existed since DC was planned?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
And your point is .....?
Your post implied that you believed Planned Parenthood does nothing but perform abortions, and you had said something about funding.

Also, since you're back, please note that closing this particular office is a classic play. All that matters is headlines like these -- not the facts.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
YOu people are buying that story like it actually happened. the street she claimed it happened on doesn't even exist. There is no J Street in Washington, DC.
Are these stories hard for you to believe, or something?

Care to get back on topic?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Are these stories hard for you to believe, or something?
If someone told you a story about a street that didn't exist, would you believe it?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
If someone told you a story about a street that didn't exist, would you believe it?
The story is not about the street.

Care to get back on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies