Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,064,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We don't give pedophiles a pass, do we? Immoral is immoral.
The moment you bring pedophiles into a discussion about homosexuals is the moment you loose all validity with me.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,071,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
the moment you bring pedophiles into a discussion about homosexuals is the moment you loose all validity with me.
+1

Old 10-05-2010, 11:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,717,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
some homosexuals call themselves ****.

using liberal logic, they just opened the door for anyone and everyone to call them that.

right?
Wrong. Context is everything. I'm not sure where you picked up that definition of "liberal logic". To me, it sounds like simple-mindedness and an unwillingness or inability to understand the complexities of communication.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 AM

52,870 posts, read 34,721,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wrong. Context is everything. I'm not sure where you picked up that definition of "liberal logic". To me, it sounds like simple-mindedness and an unwillingness or inability to understand the complexities of communication.
liberals are simple-minded and exhibit an unwillingness or inability to understand the complexities of communication?

well alrighty then. from the horse's mouth, folks

Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 AM

144 posts, read 121,573 times
Quote:

And who says it's NOT immoral?
Any reasonable person.

Now, do you believe it's immoral because a little paper-back book told you so?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,222,166 times
I didn't wade through this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been stated over and over.

When people gay bash, I think they feel threatened, especially if they've had same sex attractions themselves, and they've been horrified by it. I imagine it's very difficult to be gay in this culture--if you've grown up in a fundamentalist church that believes it's a major sin, if people around you are saying that there's a gay agenda, and it's a entirely a choice, it's got to be more like h*ll. It makes sense under those circumstances that some of the loudest anti-gay rights politicians have turned out to be gay themselves--it's as if they believed that if they condemned gays loud enough and long enough they could change themselves. It doesn't work that way.

I think this is a generational thing, and the next group of kids coming up will make it a non-issue once and for all. I have a house full of teen and preteen boys. One of my teenagers has an openly gay male classmate--this is in a tiny, rural public school with 50 kids in a grade. It isn't an issue to them. There are a few boys from "super macho" or fundamentalist homes who've picked on him from time to time, but he's generally a really well liked kid--the other kids have been very supportive. It's been pretty clear that there was a possibility he was gay from the time he was in early elementary--no big surprises there. I sure don't think anyone converted him. He was born that way, and the other kids accept it. I'll be glad when the rest of this country gets on board and shows the same level of maturity as some of our children.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,448,659 times
Quote:
It's still a sexual immorality, regardless of if there is an underage victim or not.

And who says it's NOT immoral?
There is no such thing as sexual immorality when the activity is between consensual adults, anymore than there is such a thing as "immoral eating."

Sex with unconsenting beings, be they animals who cannot consent, or children who cannot consent, is a completely different thing.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:40 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,717,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
liberals are simple-minded and exhibit an unwillingness or inability to understand the complexities of communication?

well alrighty then. from the horse's mouth, folks
If that's what you think I was saying, then you truly don't get it.

Again, context is everything. Most people use different forms of communication depending on who they're talking to. Using your logic, you would believe that if a black person casually refers to himself or a friend as "n*gger", then a white stranger should have a right to call him that too. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,628,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There is no such thing as sexual immorality when the activity is between consensual adults, anymore than there is such a thing as "immoral eating."

Sex with unconsenting beings, be they animals who cannot consent, or children who cannot consent, is a completely different thing.
Are you trying to force your morals (or lack thereof) on me?

Who is to say that your standards are right?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 AM

144 posts, read 121,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Using your logic, you would believe that if a black person casually refers to himself or a friend as "n*gger", then a white stranger should have a right to call him that too. That couldn't be farther from the truth.
As off topic as this is, if someone doesn't like being called a n*gger nor do they like the word perpetuated, perhaps they, themselves, should stop ****ing saying it.

That really pisses me off when people use racial slurs in the safety zone of referring to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies