Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Who cares what his brother has done anymore than they should ahve what presidents adult children have doen. That is why I thoguht it so sily when democrats made a big issue of teh Bush girls drinking alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah. I'm thinking the man is out of his mind. I have one and I'm sorry about it..........
"Polygamy is having one wife too many, in monogamy its the same" -Groucho Marx

Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Awwww....... JFK, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton had brothers that embarrassed them too. As far as I can see this kind of thing just runs in the family for Democrats.
Is that an unsubtle jab at me, because you assume I'm a democrat? Once again, I'm not.

There are a lot of things Obama has done that I disagree with. But what his half brother legally does in another country is simply a non-issue to anything else. I'd rather worry about the important things he does right or wrong, than whine about something completely unimportant.

And don't get me started on JFK. That sumb*tch screwed up so many things that we're still paying for.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Is that an unsubtle jab at me, because you assume I'm a democrat? Once again, I'm not.

There are a lot of things Obama has done that I disagree with. But what his half brother legally does in another country is simply a non-issue to anything else. I'd rather worry about the important things he does right or wrong, than whine about something completely unimportant.
Project much?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Project much?
You were directly responding to something I said, using multiple whiny/crying emotes, a sarcastic "awww", and then made a direct insult about democrats. Are you saying this wasn't a poke at me, despite the fact that you were responding to a post of mine? Backpedal much?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Discuss all you want but I would still like to know how this is relevant to US politics. I've asked several times and still haven't gotten an answer.
Because its the presidents brother.. You had no problem discussing things like Bushs children, even though they had nothing to do with US Politics, did you?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Discuss all you want but I would still like to know how this is relevant to US politics. I've asked several times and still haven't gotten an answer.

I will attempt to answer your question. This is my opinion, and if you don't agree with me,
it won't be the first time that has happened.

Many liberals gave Palin (conservative political figure) and her daughter much blame
when their 'moral issues' were 'reported'. So now, conservatives are attacking/
reporting' 0bama's 1/2 brother's (family member of liberal political figure) 'moral issues'.

It's a 'thing' that goes on here.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because its the presidents brother.. You had no problem discussing things like Bushs children, even though they had nothing to do with US Politics, did you?
While I personally feel that minor children of presidents and vice presidents should not be used by the media, or by opposing parties for political gain, there is a difference between poking at a president's family who are US citizens, and half-siblings who are not US citizens and are not even residing in the country. The president's brother is also not a minor or a child under the presidents direct supervision, unlike Palin's daughter or the Bush sisters.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
While I personally feel that minor children of presidents and vice presidents should not be used by the media, or by opposing parties for political gain, there is a difference between poking at a president's family who are US citizens, and half-siblings who are not US citizens and are not even residing in the country. The president's brother is also not a minor or a child under the presidents direct supervision, unlike Palin's daughter or the Bush sisters.
Oh lord. Just admit you bow down to Obama already. Shine those shoes.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Is it not ironic that these libs feel someone's family like Sarah Palin's is fair game for scrutiny and criticism, but BO's is off limits?

I don't remember Obama's brother appearing on Dancing With the Stars or making the rounds of cable news talk shows. The Palin's love the media limelight--they're angling for a reality show apparently. Once you make that leap into the tabloid media circus you're fair game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies