Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Is it not ironic that these libs feel someone's family like Sarah Palin's is fair game for scrutiny and criticism, but BO's is off limits?

Sarah Palin's family lives here and thus is bound by our laws and cultural norms, and if you're specifically referring to Bristol, she was a minor child directly under control of her mother.

Oh, and I'm not a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,782 times
Quote:
Is it not ironic that these libs feel someone's family like Sarah Palin's is fair game for scrutiny and criticism, but BO's is off limits?
If Palin is going to parade her family and use them as props, Bristol gets paid to be on the cover People magazine and paid to dance on DWTS, and Levi poses for Playgirl - then yes - it is fair game.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Do a search of Bristol Palin in this forum. You must like eating crow.

Not necessary. First of all, I don't condone being disrespectul to anyone's children but again, Bristol was raised by her mother, in the same home. Obama doesn't know this guy, nor were they raised together. By the way, if you preach about abstinence and your child becomes an out of wedlock, teen mom, perhaps you should rethink your views. A person can control what goes on in their own home but not in the home of an older brother that they barely know. This comparison is stupid and anyone Conservative or Liberal who can't take care of home is going to make headlines. This is totally irrelevant and juvenile. What is the point of this? Is it supposed to be funny? I think it is, actually.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not necessary. First of all, I don't condone being disrespectul to anyone's children but again, Bristol was raised by her mother, in the same home. Obama doesn't know this guy, nor were they raised together. By the way, if you preach about abstinence and your child becomes an out of wedlock, teen mom, perhaps you should rethink your views. A person can control what goes on in their own home but not in the home of an older brother that they barely know. This comparison is stupid and anyone Conservative or Liberal who can't take care of home is going to make headlines. This is totally irrelevant in juvenile. What is the point of this? Is it supposed to be funny? I think it is, actually.
Nah, they just want to use it as bait to see the responses, and then accuse those who say "we don't care" of being lefties or dadgummed librrralls.

Funny thing though, not all of us saying we don't care are liberal OR left.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
A Moslem is allowed four wives.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Sarah Palin's family lives here and thus is bound by our laws and cultural norms, and if you're specifically referring to Bristol, she was a minor child directly under control of her mother...
She was of legal age of consent.

I can care less about her having a baby shortly after she turned 18. It is not illegal for a 17 y.o. to have sex in Alaska or many other states in the country. And she was not running for office.

There are millions of girls that get pregnant and have babies every year in the U.S. I would say it is somewhat of a norm would you not?

So tell me what was against "our laws and cultural norms?"

Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:

I can care less about her having a baby shortly after she turned 18. It is not illegal for a 17 y.o. to have sex in Alaska or many other states in the country. She was not running for office.
How MUCH less can you care? (at least get it right --it's "I couldn't care less")

And guess what...Obama's half brother is being sneered at for doing something that is legal in Kenya.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:04 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,325,103 times
who cares?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:

I can care less about her having a baby shortly after she turned 18. It is not illegal for a 17 y.o. to have sex in Alaska or many other states in the country. And she was not running for office.

There are millions of girls that get pregnant and have babies every year in the U.S. I would say it is somewhat of a norm would you not?

So tell me what was against "our laws and cultural norms?"

It is against cultural norms, unless you think that getting pregnant at the age of 17 and having a baby out of wedlock at the age of 18 is the norm and just what evey parent wants for their child. Just imagine if it were Sasha, Malia or Chesea Clinton...pulease. It is Conservatives such as Sarah Pailin that preach about abstaining until marriaga, yet her child is now the poster child for why sexually active teens should use birth control. Reality is calling you, please pick up! You don't care about bad parenting and hypocrisy when it's a Conservative but someone's brother whom they barely know is a relevant talking point...smh.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama's 52 Year-old Brother Marries Teen Girl - Has Two Other Wives! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101015/ap_on_re_af/af_kenya_obama_s_brother_1 - broken link)
And probably a 1/3 of the men on this forum are thinking, "That lucky dog", another 1/3 are thinking "What a dog", and the rest are wondering if he is a masochist or just wealthy enough to afford two wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies