Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:28 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,689,212 times

Advertisements

It was only a matter of time.........

"WASHINGTON – Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership."

""If the government is not producing the results or has become destructive to the ends of our liberties, we have a right to get rid of that government and to get rid of it by any means necessary," Broden said, adding the nation was founded on a violent revolt against Britain's King George III."

GOP congressional candidate Stephen Broden says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
The GOP doesn't OK it. Stop lying already. Some candidate says that it is an option that is on the table. Which it always has been since the inception of this country.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post

"WASHINGTON – Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership."

""If the government is not producing the results or has become destructive to the ends of our liberties, we have a right to get rid of that government and to get rid of it by any means necessary," Broden said, adding the nation was founded on a violent revolt against Britain's King George III."

GOP congressional candidate Stephen Broden says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Threads and logic like this drive me batty.

Mr. Broden is not a representative of the GOP. I say this even though I am a liberal-leaning person. He is a lone, idiotic voice. The one does not represent the all.

We have far too many new threads in this forum in which a person cites some Democrat or Republican person acting like an idiotic, and then claiming said person is a representative of the group at large. It is a weak argument employed by weak minds.

Indeed, I have listened to Rush for some 20 years and my main problem with him is his engaging in such tactics: he will cite some obscure news story about some city council member (for instance) who proposes some loony law, and then proclaim that “This is the way liberals think!”

No, Rush, it is how loons think.

Mr. Broden is obviously a loon. The vast majority of Conservatives or Republicans or whatever do not think like him. He, Broden, represents nothing but the ramblings of a person with very poor judgment. To suggest that his rambling is reflective of the whole is infantile.

Rant over.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:

Just goes to show exactly what kind of morons are, or want to be, what is the GOP.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:

What do you expect? We're dealing with pompous fools.

I suppose this guy thinks his army of white folks in wheelchairs and walkers are going to overthrow the US military..

Old 10-22-2010, 09:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Almost all violent revolutions were started by the wealthy elites that could then impose their own tyranny. Not surprising a Republican candidate would voice an underlying tenant of their religion: What we cannot earn, we steal.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The GOP doesn't OK it. Stop lying already. Some candidate says that it is an option that is on the table. Which it always has been since the inception of this country.
Thats all these people have left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Just goes to show exactly what kind of morons are, or want to be, what is the GOP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
What do you expect? We're dealing with pompous fools.
Which one was Thomas Jefferson, a "pompous fool" or a "moron"..

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere." --Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787.

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315

"We think experience has proved it safer for the mass of individuals composing the society to reserve to themselves personally the exercise of all rightful powers to which they are competent and to delegate those to which they are not competent to deputies named and removable for unfaithful conduct by themselves immediately." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1816. ME 14:487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I suppose this guy thinks his army of white folks in wheelchairs and walkers are going to overthrow the US military..
Yeah, this racist remarks coming from the same individual calling others pompous fools..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Almost all violent revolutions were started by the wealthy elites that could then impose their own tyranny. Not surprising a Republican candidate would voice an underlying tenant of their religion: What we cannot earn, we steal.
Almost all violence against the US government has been the LEFT.. William Ayers ring a bell? You guys defended his actions not so long ago... And his was ACTIONS, not just "words"...

Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." --John F. Kennedy

Old 10-22-2010, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
This guy has ZERO political history and now he's head of the GOP according to the OP ?

http://www.brodenforcongress.com/Abo...Broden_s/2.htm

Do a little reading folks before you go off making posts based on some far off opinion.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Threads and logic like this drive me batty.

Mr. Broden is not a representative of the GOP. I say this even though I am a liberal-leaning person. He is a lone, idiotic voice. The one does not represent the all.

We have far too many new threads in this forum in which a person cites some Democrat or Republican person acting like an idiotic, and then claiming said person is a representative of the group at large. It is a weak argument employed by weak minds.

Indeed, I have listened to Rush for some 20 years and my main problem with him is his engaging in such tactics: he will cite some obscure news story about some city council member (for instance) who proposes some loony law, and then proclaim that “This is the way liberals think!”

No, Rush, it is how loons think.

Mr. Broden is obviously a loon. The vast majority of Conservatives or Republicans or whatever do not think like him. He, Broden, represents nothing but the ramblings of a person with very poor judgment. To suggest that his rambling is reflective of the whole is infantile.

Rant over.
I tried to rep you but have to spread it around.

Funny that two of the posts below yours still spout the same old rhetoric. I wonder if they even read yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies