Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will a civil war occur
No, they are all talk, this is nonsense race baiting 41 66.13%
Yes, there will be a civil war and the rebels will be crushed like their confederate forefathers 6 9.68%
Yes, there will be a civil war and they will be victorious 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times

Advertisements

I hear the meme over and over that Liberals are anti-America, but I hear calls for the Dissolution of the Union, Civil War, Overthrow of the US Govt., Secession, etc., overwhelmingly from the Right Wing.

Why is that? I have my theories, but I'd like to hear yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Im sure it has nothing to do with increasingly oppressive government and debt and everything to do with race.
Is that what you want to hear?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I hear the meme over and over that Liberals are anti-America, but I hear calls for the Dissolution of the Union, Civil War, Overthrow of the US Govt., Secession, etc., overwhelmingly from the Right Wing.

What could be more un-American than people who would take their American flag down and throw it away or desecrate it.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...side-down.html

How about earlier in the forum? I found a thread about a pesky fly landing on the President's face, then photos of feces in a punch bowl saying it was Obama.
//www.city-data.com/forum/27926430-post3.html
This is about as nasty as people can get.

These people call themselves Americans?
From a liberal myself, I believe all of this rhetoric is about as anti-American as they can be.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 01-25-2013 at 06:16 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im sure it has nothing to do with increasingly oppressive government and debt and everything to do with race.
Is that what you want to hear?

If that's what you honestly think, then sure, that's what I want to hear.

And, yes, I think race has something to do with it.

Tell me, Frank, do you fault the democrats more than republicans in Congress and the WH for the National Debt?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:

Some people just like to talk the militant talk. It's more exiting. It starts at a young age, with little boys running in the woods playing "war". Luckily most of us grow out of it.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
The Right claims to favor less government and less government spending yet nearly deifies a man who despite claiming government was the problem, grew it during his tenure and whose grand 'strategy' to fight a cold war enemy was to SPEND more. Why should any actions they take in opposition to their claimed goals surprise us?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:

Obviously you are going to get a bunch of replies from leftists who will simply take this thread as an opportunity to bash conservatives without giving any serious thought as to why this situation is happening. But the fact is that there have been any number of liberal Presidents and liberal Congresses in history that didn't spark this reaction. And it isn't simply anti-Obamaism either, as Obama's first election didn't prompt this strong reaction either.

You demonstrate your own lack of understanding of the real issues here when you imply there's a contradiction here between liberals being anti-American but conservatives wanting to succede. There isn't. The people who want to succede are doing it precisely because they are patriotic Americans. What you're leaving out here is that it isn't simply that libearls are anti-America, it is that liberals are violating the constitution that they took an oath to uphold. Obama took an oath to uphold the 2nd amendment, then supported legislation to restrict it. Now I don't advocate succession, but neither will I push these peoples' legitimate concerns aside and simply call them hypocritical whackos either.

It is simple fact that Obama is abusing the Presidency. He tries to legislate through executive order, he publicly calls American citizens "the enemy", he refuses to negotiate in good faith, he's been caught on tape offering to cooperate with our enemies and insulting our allies, etc. The fact that he was re-elected after doing things that would have been major scandals had any previous President done them indicates that some of the exact same things our constitution was drafted to prevent have now become accepted norms and business as usual in the government that constitution was supposed to establish and guide.

So it is no wonder that there have arisen people who wish to start anew with a government that actually respects that constitution.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Calls for Civil War, Secession and Overthrow of the US Government

Quote:

Lotsa bold talk from armchair rebels still buttsore from the past two elections.

"We're the true Americans. Where's the door?"

Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The Right claims to favor less government and less government spending yet nearly deifies a man who despite claiming government was the problem, grew it during his tenure and whose grand 'strategy' to fight a cold war enemy was to SPEND more. Why should any actions they take in opposition to their claimed goals surprise us?

The thing is, they talk a good game in "cutting the deficit" but when it impacts their own little corner of the world, they take a Not in My Back Yard stance. It's politics, and both sides do it.

Just on C-D alone, in the last 4 years, I've seen a rise in the number of threads about secession, etc., mostly from the right side of the isle. If the Liberals are deemed unAmerican by the right, then what do you call the Right wing's seeming obsession with this kind of rhetoric--at least on the C-D Politics forum?

For the record--I don't think this country is headed down the drain. I don't think our rights are in any more danger than anywhere else in history. (Case in point--the Wilson Government ARRESTED people who puiblicly spoke out against our involvement in WW1).

And, as I've said before, the only way I would think of taking up arms is to fight any effort to dissolve the Union, or overthrow the government. It's traitorous and cowardly.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM

988 posts, read 1,204,082 times
I don't remember all you "patriotic" liberal "America lovers" showing the same contempt for the endless barrage of attacks against Bush. Where was the outcry for civility and toned down rhetoric when the leftist perverts in this country were calling him a war criminal every five minutes, en masse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies