Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
LOL!!! Yeah, there was no bubble. The economic boon was on solid ground and then suddenly the Dems took control of congress in early '07 and the foundation turned into a house of cards based on loose banking, mortgage and real estate regulations that day....
Republicans were shouting since 2004 that a bubble existed and Democrats non stop replied that Republicans didnt know what they were talking about.
Quote:
Right, because loose regulations on Wall Street, the absence of Glass-Stegal, etc... had nothing to do with the rampant financial irresponsibility in the banking sector...
It didnt.. The financial collapse began in Switzerland when a bank wrote down $2B of AAA credit mortgages which tightened overnight borrowing for ALL banks, WORLD WIDE.. Do you care to list some of these loose regulations?
Quote:
Exactly. The Republicans had Bush in office and control of both houses in '05, but it was the Dems fault for not reigning in the bubble.... Bush tried real hard though....
Republicans never held enough of a majority to "fix" things. Democrats roadblocked them ALL THE WAY.. You can ignore this but that doesnt change reality
Quote:
A link showing an increase in the budget for Iraq would be good here. Afghanistan I have no problem believing.
CBO: Eight Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act - FoxNews.com

Bush came VERY close to balancing the budget in 2007 if it wasnt for war spending. About as close as Clinton.
Quote:
The bursting of the real estate bubble is what destroyed the economy in 2008 and the revenues along with it... And no, federal revenues decreased for three years and increased for three years under Bush before the Dems came in.
Federal revenues decreased for 3 years until Bush passed the 2003 tax CUTS.. The very same ones Democrats claim caused deficits. The 2000 tax cuts increased deficits because the goal was to istimulate the economy, the 2003 tax cuts decreased deficits because the goal was to increase employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Bush tax cuts increase in revenues where not sufficent to make upp for an even larger loss in revenues thanks to the tax cuts massive size and regression so overall tax revenues shrank deeply thanks to his tax cuts an added greatly to debt.
What? The Bush tax cuts increased revenues but not enough to increase revenues?

Fact: Revenues increased after tax cuts were passed. Capital gains tax revenues DOUBLED, and deficits were dropping.

Until of course Democrats took over...

Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
What's funny is how the OP claims to be an independent while continuing to post republican hit pieces over and over. He's a partisan operative for the Daily Kos.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
What's funny is how the OP claims to be an independent while continuing to post republican hit pieces over and over. He's a partisan operative for the Daily Kos.
The OP is the perfect foil for exposing the truth. The longer the OP keeps responding in this thread the more it stays at the top of the forum, thereby allowing responders the opportunity to correct the OP's misinformation to a larger audience.

As such, the OP is being used quite effectively, and doesn't even realize it.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Man obama's sheeple have been grazing a little too long. This is the problem, some cannot face reality, and this becomes our problem, This is what Obama counts on, the weak and faint at heart, to have a excuse and to bail him out of his problems. Get over it and yourself, we no longer are talking about Bush, in case you have not noticed our President is Black. And this president is someone who promised us all, a new era of POLITICS that were going to be different, by-partisian my a-- and i can go on, what is the point, some just do not get it. Make your excuses, try and put up numbers about a past president, and in the mean time, get out of your cartoon world, and into the future, and face reality.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The OP is the perfect foil for exposing the truth. The longer the OP keeps responding in this thread the more it stays at the top of the forum, thereby allowing responders the opportunity to correct the OP's misinformation to a larger audience.

As such, the OP is being used quite effectively, and doesn't even realize it.
I looked at it this way, the more the OP keeps propping up the thread, the more it shows the left wing mentality to ignore the truth. The left can keep all posters who want to ignore reality because then it means that the job of those on the right is to simply educate.. And with education becomes enlightenment, and with that, the left looses their support of those middle of the road.

Its similar to why I became a Republican. I was a left wing Democrat until Democrats started to make excuses for Clinton lying under oath. The more they ignored what actually took place and I became educated on the laws broken, the more I realized that belonging to the Democratic Party wasnt where I wanted to be...

Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
Yup, I grew up a lefty too until I opened my eyes and learned the truth about the left and their goals for America. The thing is, I learned this by the time I was 24-25 about 35 years ago.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Yup, I grew up a lefty too until I opened my eyes and learned the truth about the left and their goals for America. The thing is, I learned this by the time I was 24-25 about 35 years ago.
What is the right's goal?... What have they done?... What were their goals for the past 10 years?...

Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I looked at it this way, the more the OP keeps propping up the thread, the more it shows the left wing mentality to ignore the truth. The left can keep all posters who want to ignore reality because then it means that the job of those on the right is to simply educate.. And with education becomes enlightenment, and with that, the left looses their support of those middle of the road.

Its similar to why I became a Republican. I was a left wing Democrat until Democrats started to make excuses for Clinton lying under oath. The more they ignored what actually took place and I became educated on the laws broken, the more I realized that belonging to the Democratic Party wasnt where I wanted to be...
As an Independent... The past 10 years have been a disaster... The right wing wealthy elitists are seething because they may lose everything that George Bush gave to them on a silver platter at the expense of the middle class...

Old 10-28-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

And you are now making excuses for Bush war spending...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies