Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You spent several threads defending these utterly meaningless statistics as if they were valuable to you.

Take a break. Go have a discussion with your significant other.
I spent several postings disputing your link that the figures were wrong. You'd like me to take a break and ignore that Franken was WRONG. Tell me, was he wrong because he didnt listen to the caveats mentioned, and did you post his video because you just believed what he said and took it at face value?

If you didnt think it was of value, you wouldnt have spent time locating it and posting it.. HE'S WRONG..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
he didnt say PER POPULATION, he said PER GEOGRAPHIC AREA... The math is correct because you do the math based upon SQUARE MILES, NOT population.. Had fox said PER population they would be wrong, but they CLEARLY said "geographical SIZE"

Makes the math
California 163,707 square miles with 6.8 deaths per day

Iraq 167,400 square miles with 1.92 deaths per day

Its clear that liberals dont watch Fox because they dont understand math and listen to what is being said..

yes, utterly meaningless statistics, but correct me if I'm wrong.. YOU posted it pretending it held value..
Humes intent, was for the viewers to think that California was a more dangerous place to be, than Iraq. He used a bogus "statistical" argument to try to get people to believe it. Considering this was shown on FOX, it probably exceeded Humes desires.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,107 times
I think the pertinent question to ask is:

Would you rather be in California, or Iraq?

Nuff said.

Steve

Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Humes intent, was for the viewers to think that California was a more dangerous place to be, than Iraq. He used a bogus "statistical" argument to try to get people to believe it. Considering this was shown on FOX, it probably exceeded Humes desires.
No it wasnt.. You have that opinion because the clip is taken out of context.

His intent was to display how the media is so focused on deaths in Iraq but could give a rats butt about the deaths here in america, which are far greater in numbers than Iraq.

There was no bogus statistics, the bogus statistic was Franken and liberals who took a CLIP out of context and then changed the parameters to try to discredit Fox as saying something they didnt say. Typical liberal tactic.. Take a statement, lie about what was said, and then dispute the lie proving the target lied when its the one changing what was said that did.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
My Dad thinks its "fun" to listen to Sean Hannity. I don't get it
Thats probably a good thing.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
As long as the day off is WITHOUT pay... I don't get the day after Thanksgiving off, why should I expect others? Especially if its on MY dime...
I love how the machine at FOX/Newscorpse has people working against themselves, they probably think it's too easy.

And, thanks to FOX and other networks like it, it is.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I think the pertinent question to ask is:

Would you rather be in California, or Iraq?

Nuff said.

Steve
I am packing my bags for Iraq! I heard on Fox News that Iraq is a very safe place to vacation.

Apparently, those Muslims over there are much more peaceful than we are here in America. Go figure. Why did GWB want to go after their asses anyway? While I'm at it, why didn't GWB send increased troops to CA instead of Iraq?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Watching Cavuto. Must be a slow fear day. Main stories, Soc Sec giving workers the day after Thanksgiving off with, Gasp, Gasp, pay! That story was preceded by Rick Scott whining about Sink's makeup person trying to show her a message on her Ipod, Gasp, Gasp, during a break! That is such an amusing station.
glad you are amuzed. I usually am busy at that time of the day and don't watch anything. so, it is a slow day, would you rather they make crap up like some left wing networks do?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
This video speaks for the intelligence of Fox News viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blUTIUxh-Mk

Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You never had a statistics class, did you?

That would be like computing the mortality rate of surgeons by comparing mortalities of surgeons with the same size operating room regardless of the number of patients they operate on per year.

You get it. This surgeon with a 200 square foot operating room and 6 deaths per 500 operations per year has a higher mortality rate than the surgeon with the same size operating room but with 3 deaths per 60 operations per year.
NOT!!!
But. but... to have an education or to even be capable of such discernment is synonymous with liberal bias in the eyes of the average Beck zombie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies