Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:41 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,234,433 times

Advertisements

I would approve of having TSA personnel do their work while naked. Fair is fair. Or that nudity is no longer banned in public so Naturalists can rush to the head of the line.

What fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Pilots too?

Guess you just can't trust anyone.

APA president advises against new body scanners | AIRLINE BIZ Blog | dallasnews.com

Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,846,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Because of my job, I fly 5 or 6 days a week. I love my job. Dealing with the TSA has become the most unpleasant part of my job. Because of an old injury, I have pins in my shoulder which require me to have extra screening.

Regardless of what they say, I honestly believe that going through the "xray" scanners is not safe. It doesn't matter how little radiation they claim it exposes a person to, even a little is too much for non medical reasons.

So..now, I have my choice of being exposed to radiation (and the humiliation of "naked" body images), or being molested by a TSA agent. Yes, molested. It doesnt matter if they are "just doing their job", being felt up every day I go to work horrifies me.

As others have said, I am a US born citizen, have never been arrested..heck, I havent even gotten a speeding ticket since 1984!..I am licensed by the FAA, fingerprinted, wear a company issued badge with a photo ID..etc. Why am I being subjected to this disgusting invasion.
I think it's pretty inconveniencing if your plane explodes, too.

<---has been searched & top secret cleared.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,046 times
Quote:
Because of my job, I fly 5 or 6 days a week. I love my job. Dealing with the TSA has become the most unpleasant part of my job. Because of an old injury, I have pins in my shoulder which require me to have extra screening.

Regardless of what they say, I honestly believe that going through the "xray" scanners is not safe. It doesn't matter how little radiation they claim it exposes a person to, even a little is too much for non medical reasons.

So..now, I have my choice of being exposed to radiation (and the humiliation of "naked" body images), or being molested by a TSA agent. Yes, molested. It doesnt matter if they are "just doing their job", being felt up every day I go to work horrifies me.

As others have said, I am a US born citizen, have never been arrested..heck, I havent even gotten a speeding ticket since 1984!..I am licensed by the FAA, fingerprinted, wear a company issued badge with a photo ID..etc. Why am I being subjected to this disgusting invasion.
I was "Chosen" to go through one in August. Funny how my husband and Aunt didn't have to go through one, but I had to. I don't like the idea of them radiating me for no reason either. Hate to say it, but if we had less tolerance of terrorists, then we would not have to go through this. I am going to fly less now. Fly only when crossing the ocean. I am driving or train-ing it from now on.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,234,421 times
At my age and looks, seems if someone want to see my naked body all the power to them. I hope you do not go blind but it would make my day, free pat down as long as it stays free and i do not have to pay for it like a massage

Old 11-03-2010, 10:21 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I was "Chosen" to go through one in August. Funny how my husband and Aunt didn't have to go through one, but I had to. I don't like the idea of them radiating me for no reason either. Hate to say it, but if we had less tolerance of terrorists, then we would not have to go through this. I am going to fly less now. Fly only when crossing the ocean. I am driving or train-ing it from now on.
Trains are public transportation. What makes you think the "program" won't extend to trains?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,310,593 times
I am against the radiation genital-scaning machines and I am als oagaisnt letting strangers grope everyone. We are pretty good at closeing the barn door after the horse is already gone in this country. MAYBE these new procedures would have stopped the underware bomber. Maybe. However, the terrorists are already working on the next level for their dasterdly plots. They are looking on to putting explosives in breast implants. You can put mroe than enough PETN in a pair of breast implants to bring down a plane. Will these new techniques stop such a plot? No, of course not.
Once again, the real defense against terrorists is alert passengers and crew members. It's how the shoe bomber was stopped, the underware bomber, the 'flying immams' with whatever they had planned. Security needs to concentrate on checking bags and detecting plots before the terrorists get to the airport. Harrassing passengers does not improve safety, it only gives the apperance of safety. It's like living in a gated community. Who among us haasn't just waited for the car in front to open the gate and then follow them through? Yet people still think gated communities offer safety. Airport security screenings are hampered by political correctness and do not target those who need grreater scrutiny.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,930,647 times
I vote for 18 year old girls in bikinis staffing the TSA checkpoints.
...and cabana boys in flaming Speedos for all the women....and gay men.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,600,343 times
i do the pat down, i dont want cancer that the scanner can give you (just watch, in 5 years theyll have study to confirm this)

Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,776,362 times
Quote:
Here is a first hand report on the "new" screenings. Its not good.

Since I have pins in my left shoulder (see post above), I either have to go thru the x ray or be hand screened. I started a three day trip on Sunday. Arrived at National (DCA/Regan) on a very busy Sunday noon. Oh great, the X ray machine is not working. So, now I have to be subjected to my very first experience with the hand screening. First of all, I had to wait 15 minutes (!!!!!!!!!) for a female TSA agent to come get me in the "terrorist" waiting area.

Keep in mind, I am in airline uniform, wearing a badge, I have been licensed by the FAA to fly, have a top secret security clearance,a 10 year background check and I have stripped off every possible additional items (shoes, computer, eye glasses, jewelry, etc) The agent then whisks me off to a "private screening room". then we had to wait for a Witness Agent who is required when the new hands on screening takes place. (how many more TSA agents will we need to hire for this requirement?)

I confess, I was pretty unhappy at the prospect of being molested, and molested I was. They made me don a paper exam gown (you know, like they give you at the doctor) and was instructed to stand with my legs apart. Then came the molestation (errr, exam). The agent ran her hands up my leg, from ankle right up into my hoochie coo and then some. Violation barely covers the feeling I got. I mean...right up there. then she did the back side again...right on up there. Then very carefully around each breast.

Honestly, I have had doctor visits that were less invasive. I was shaking when I left. The entire ordeal took 20 minutes ....absolutely unacceptable, really. But the worst part was the humiliation I endured. It is simply too much, and I am not particularly squeamish. Revolting.

Repeat that experience two more times during my 3 day trip (next two layover cities had no Xray machines). Seriously, it was just too much. Honestly, does anyone feel safer knowing that a licensed, FBI screened employee has been subjected to this? If you are one of those who say anything goes in the name of safety has not been subjected to this nightmare.
This is sick ! So every wanna be rapist is going to be jammed the HR circuit trying to get this * dream molestation job * ewwww !

Why did she have to touch your hoochie hoo ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies