Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Marco Rubio....

In watching his acceptance speech tonight, he is an extremely smart guy, and he has none of the arrogance / attitude that Obama has. Rubio is self made, humble and grounded. Floridians fell in love with Rubio and seems the nation may as well. Obama could actually learn some lessons from Rubio's temperament.

Who else can see him as future president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Marco Rubio is a child of Cuban exiles born and raised in Florida, he speaks Spanish and is a great conservative. In other words the left will attack him using racism like you've never seen before and claim that all white people are in the KKK.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Marco Rubio is a child of Cuban exiles born and raised in Florida, he speaks Spanish and is a great conservative. In other words the left will attack him using racism like you've never seen before and claim that all white people are in the KKK.
If the Obamacrats attack Rubio, the Obamacrats will be the ones seen as racist. Rubio has a huge and growing following of peope from all cultures and as a sidenote to Obamacrats, the Hispanic community LOVES this guy.

Rubio seems like a TRUE uniter from the heart......unlike Obungle that simply lied about being a uniter.

Go Marco Go!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If the Obamacrats attack Rubio, the Obamacrats will be the ones seen as racist. Rubio has a huge and growing following of peope from all cultures and as a sidenote to Obamacrats, the Hispanic community LOVES this guy.

Rubio seems like a TRUE uniter from the heart......unlike Obungle that simply lied about being a uniter.

Go Marco Go!!!!
We'll see how much Hispanics love him when he's forced to give his opinion on immigration. Cubans are largely conservative, whereas Puerto Ricans for example are more liberal. I don't see him succeeding on the national stage, and I do admit racism and double standards has something to do with it :-(

Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM

914 posts, read 4,446,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Rubio has a huge and growing following of peope from all cultures and as a sidenote to Obamacrats, the Hispanic community LOVES this guy.
The Cuban community loves Rubio, for sure, but there aren't that many other Hispanics in Florida. I think it is a little too early too early in his political career to say all Hispanics love him. Cubans, especially Florida Cubans, are traditionally a very republican group. Other Hispanics, as a group tend to vote democratic (with perhaps the exception of Texas Hispanics). And again, he doesn't have very many non-Cuban Hispanics in his constituency to comment on. It is a mistake to think Hispanics of different origins will necessarily have the same political views.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,708,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
The Cuban community loves Rubio, for sure, but there aren't that many other Hispanics in Florida. I think it is a little too early too early in his political career to say all Hispanics love him. Cubans, especially Florida Cubans, are traditionally a very republican group. Other Hispanics, as a group tend to vote democratic (with perhaps the exception of Texas Hispanics). And again, he doesn't have very many non-Cuban Hispanics in his constituency to comment on. It is a mistake to think Hispanics of different origins will necessarily have the same political views.
good points... I'd say that if he focuses on Florida issues then he will be fine. On a national level, he will have to appeal to whites, and other minority groups as well. So far, I like what i see

Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
He's definitely presidential material in my opinion.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Let Marco Rubio get some experience first and prove himself. Seriously, why does everyone want the newest shiniest coint every election to become President ASAP?

Remember what happened with the last junior Senator that quit his first term and became President, he's in the process of destroying the nation.

Let's watch Rubio for the entire six year term he's been elected and see how he votes, see how he conducts himself. We don't need another "American Idol" for President.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 11-02-2010 at 10:24 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times
I sure hope he has his birth certificate handy. He doesn't sound "American" to me.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let Marco Rubio get some experience first and prove himself. Seriously, why does everyone want the newest shiniest coint every election to become President ASAP?

Remember what happened with the last junior Senator that quit his first term and became Presisdent, he's in the process of destroying the nation.

Let's watch Rubio for the entire six year term he's been elected and see how he votes, see how he conducts himself. We don't need another "American Idol" for President.
I do agree with you.
I guess I just got caught up in the moment, especially as seeing how Rubio currently comes across smarter, with better ideas and more of a uniter than our current president. Rubio could be president today and do such a better job than Obungle is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies