Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Allright, so the people have spoken, and history has repeated itself, the right has gained control of the house,
Now, we're waiting for everything to get better.
They better improve fast, too. I have a long xmas list this year. Because I've been a good boy.

Quote:
To those of you who voted for the right....do you really think things are going to change now? huh, we'll see, we'll see.
They'll replace history books with bibles and science books with hymnals. And then, they'll abolish public schools.

Quote:
You righties just strengthend Obama's chance to win election in 2012, why? because you're fragmented. No clear leadership figure.
Not so fast. The tea party boys will learn to toe the GOP party line. Or else they'll be forced out in their next election. Republicans don't reward principle. They reward conformity. Unless the tea people are morons, they'll catch on quickly and learn to scream NO! very loudly.

NO health care

NO Wall St regulation

NO stimulus

NO infrastructure

NO climate change

It's just two letters. They can handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
I'm enjoying watching the left implode.

And last night made oblama's reelection almost impossible with the pickup of so many governorships and state legislatures. It was a crushing defeat far more than you yet realize.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Alot whats going to happen is going to depend on Obama. Republicans won big last time but lets not forget that the president is still Obama and he can veto anything he wants. Lets also not forget that republicans dont control the senate which I happen to think is a good thing. From the sounds of things today Obama doesnt plan on coming to the center. So what republicans can get thru could be limited. Which is fine by me.

I am only expecting republicans to stop the democrats from expanding gov even more.

Its going to take beating Obama in 2012 for the real change to come

Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Allright, so the people have spoken, and history has repeated itself, the right has gained control of the house,
Now, we're waiting for everything to get better.
To those of you who voted for the right....do you really think things are going to change now? huh, we'll see, we'll see.
You righties just strengthend Obama's chance to win election in 2012, why? because you're fragmented. No clear leadership figure.
How is the perpetual switching from Democrat to Republican and vice-versa change? Every election we pass up the opportunity for real change, but we consistently wimp out for fear of the "other party" getting the win. Change? We don't have the intestinal fortitude for it.

Read more: GOP scores big victories up and down Ill. ballot - Politics - Illinois - bnd.com (http://www.bnd.com/2010/11/03/1461577/gop-scores-big-victories-up-and.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Commen ts_Container#ixzz14FZUg7J4 - broken link)

1,791 posts, read 1,793,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
With our country already bankrupt, I can't see how a dramatic shift to the right will solve anything. The Do Nothings did nothing for 2 years and now, with a truly divided government, BOTH sides will end up being Do Nothings and the country will accelerate into ruin. Of course, the right will continue to blame Obama for everything from unemployment to rain on their birthday just like they blamed Clinton during Bush's eight year reign of terror.
And Obama in today's address, said with a stiff upper lip, that he is willing to listen to everyone's ideas of solutions. Time will tell, as always, if any of them can, as Obama put it, "agree or at least disagree without being disagreeable on the issues at hand". Pretty close to a direct quote. He did say, a little more light heartedly, that he 'got shalacked' (sp?) last night. I'd say that's an affirmative.

Reps., Dems. and the Presidents alike all have a hand in the failure of the issues and the economy. No one should forget that we've all been taken.

Yes. We are waiting.

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post

And last night made oblama's reelection almost impossible with the pickup of so many governorships and state legislatures. It was a crushing defeat far more than you yet realize.

What was it Moochelle said?? "I am finally proud of my country?" I feel that way also......but I am sure for different reasons.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post

Not necessarily. If the GOP/TEA partiers screw up and fail to deliver, that will make the backlash against them quite strong and would actually give Obama a boost.

I'm a leftie and definitely not 'imploding'. I'm hoping that this change of leadership is for the countries good and that things will progress. I don't give two craps what party they belong to... I will support them as long as they move the country forward and not backwards, which is what I'm afraid of.

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm giving them until March 1st. If unemployment isn't halved by then, HEADS WILL ROLL.
lol. Well, we we can always claim to have 'created or saved' a billion jobs since there is no way to measure ' or saved'.

3,378 posts, read 3,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Doubtful because Obama will still be president
The good news is that we will see some action. The house will put pressure on Reid & the dems. And if Obama vetos anything then he will be scrutinized too. No more softballs for Harry Reid. It won't be Sharron Angle telling him to "man up"

Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
They gave Obama about a week to fix things before they started screaming.
and the OP waited....how long? negative three months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies