Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 PM

516 posts, read 376,093 times

Advertisements

This is going to be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Allright, so the people have spoken, and history has repeated itself, the right has gained control of the house,
Now, we're waiting for everything to get better.
It still depends on Obama he's still the president.
He doesn't seem to be willing to pull off a Clinton though.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM

379 posts, read 211,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Alot whats going to happen is going to depend on Obama. Republicans won big last time but lets not forget that the president is still Obama and he can veto anything he wants. Lets also not forget that republicans dont control the senate which I happen to think is a good thing. From the sounds of things today Obama doesnt plan on coming to the center. So what republicans can get thru could be limited. Which is fine by me.

I am only expecting republicans to stop the democrats from expanding gov even more.

Its going to take beating Obama in 2012 for the real change to come
Oh, I see. You're already laying the groundwork to blame Obama for your failures. LOL LOL That didn't take long.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Oh, I see. You're already laying the groundwork to blame Obama for your failures. LOL LOL That didn't take long.
I'm waiting for them to start with the 'Well, it's going to take some time to fix the problems Obama made' crap.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not necessarily. If the GOP/TEA partiers screw up and fail to deliver, that will make the backlash against them quite strong and would actually give Obama a boost.

I'm a leftie and definitely not 'imploding'. I'm hoping that this change of leadership is for the countries good and that things will progress. I don't give two craps what party they belong to... I will support them as long as they move the country forward and not backwards, which is what I'm afraid of.
As long as they can get past being 'above the full mark' on their pockets, we may have a (fighting) chance. It's good to have extra money, but when a few have a heavy excess, it takes away from us all. That's how we were tossed and then thrown into this 'backward' motion.

Here's to moving forward.

Good times.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm waiting for them to start with the 'Well, it's going to take some time to fix the problems Obama made' crap.

Wait no longer......Well, it IS going to take some time to fix the major problems Obummer has created!! And that is a fact!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:02 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Bitter much???

Obummer has had 2 years and has done nothing but make things worse. Would you like to give us 2 years or are you expecting things a little quicker than that? I am sure the conservatives can rise to ANY leftie challenge.
I think your side should be given EXACTLY the same amount of time that you gave "Obummer" (Obama) to succeed. Since that was NOTHING, then your side deserves the same. The minute Obama was elected office, the ranting and raving continued with the whole birther thing and then on and on. Why do you think that your side deserves any better?

The only "challenge" that the conservatives can rise to is to continue being creeps who slap "American Patriot" stickers on their vehicles, and ribbons and so on. REAL American patriots would go over to Iraq and the other countries we're entrenched in and give our service people who are on their 3rd and 4th tour a break. When you start doing that, maybe, I'll give your side a break. Until then, the "left" should be just as ruthless as the "right" has been.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,278,129 times
What they won't do is spend money like drunken sailors, especially money they don't have. Oh, didn't I just read Obummer is spending ANOTHER 800 billion in "stimulus?" Where is that money coming from liberals? Where is all this money coming from? I'll tell you where: Its being printed and borrowed.

And, guess what race fans, I truly suggest you check your history. When money is printed like that, inflation and bad economic times evolve. Combine that with massive debts, you cannot repay, and guess what you get? Another war. More wars have been fought over money debts then anything else. So, when your child or grandchild gets shipped off to China, for the great WWIII, remember Obummer's pledge to spend his way out of this mess.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
The paralysis of household and corporate spending, due largely to the massive uncertainties introduced by the Pelosi/Reid/Obama agenda, will take just a little time to sort out. Here are the issues, post-election:

1. Will Obama use unprecedented regulatory moves to inflict cap & trade on the economy, and how effectvely will the congress fight off this effort? The economy will begin to improve when and if cap & trade is dead.

2. Will Obamacare be modified to include proven cost-reducers such as the now-outlawed high-deductible health insurance with health savings accounts, or other approaches to treat the cause of rising health care costs? Will it continue to be aproached as a massive wealth redistribution, or will a more moderate course be plotted? When America senses that we are on the right track to addressing our problems in health care, the economy will begin to improve.

3. Will the president continue the anti-business rhetoric and agenda, or meet in the middle to reduce the highest corporate tax rates in the world, root out carve-outs and exemptions and giveaways to political favorites, etc? When most business people believe we have a tax structure that makes sense and pays the bills on a fair basis, business will improve.

3a. When chard check (by legislation or regulation) is dead, business will improve.

4. Will the massive wave of new regulations be reversed or slowed? CLosing 10% of the cement plants in the country and 7% of our electrical generation capacity via new regulations is just one facet of a syndrome that is affecting many if not most industries. So business will get better when the administration is stopped from trying to kill it. When will that happen?

Like it or not, these are the answers to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
This is going to be fun.
No matter what 'side' your on, or even from the middle, this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What they won't do is spend money like drunken sailors, especially money they don't have. Oh, didn't I just read Obummer is spending ANOTHER 800 billion in "stimulus?" Where is that money coming from liberals? Where is all this money coming from? I'll tell you where: Its being printed and borrowed.

And, guess what race fans, I truly suggest you check your history. When money is printed like that, inflation and bad economic times evolve. Combine that with massive debts, you cannot repay, and guess what you get? Another war. More wars have been fought over money debts then anything else. So, when your child or grandchild gets shipped off to China, for the great WWIII, remember Obummer's pledge to spend his way out of this mess.
This should definitely be on the shout 'NO' louder agenda. Our 'dollar' is basically worth zero already. Just because one can doesn't mean they should.

We're still waiting...

Old 11-03-2010, 02:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,927,566 times
You'll have to wait until Boehner gets back from vacation: his scalp isn't sufficiently "orange" yet..

The Repub knuckle-draggers under scrutiny; an abrupt "about-face"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies