Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They better improve fast, too. I have a long xmas list this year. Because I've been a good boy.

They'll replace history books with bibles and science books with hymnals. And then, they'll abolish public schools.

Not so fast. The tea party boys will learn to toe the GOP party line. Or else they'll be forced out in their next election. Republicans don't reward principle. They reward conformity. Unless the tea people are morons, they'll catch on quickly and learn to scream NO! very loudly.

NO health care

NO Wall St regulation

NO stimulus

NO infrastructure

NO climate change

It's just two letters. They can handle it.
A couple of corrections:

NO government run health insurance.

Climate change (formerly known as "global warming") is a natural occurrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
I'm enjoying watching the left implode.

And last night made oblama's reelection almost impossible with the pickup of so many governorships and state legislatures. It was a crushing defeat far more than you yet realize.
I'm well aware that redistricting is going to be done in a big way now in the R's favor because of those races. Still, if the R's don't pull this economic reform off, it may not matter. Most voters aren't R or D anymore--they're independent. They were on a "kick all the bums out" roll in 2008, in this election, and they'll do it again if they don't see results quickly.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and the OP waited how long? negative three months?
People were already screaming for Obama's impeachment before he was sworn in.

People are crazy.

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Cool I can't hear you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A couple of corrections:

You're not shouting NO! loud enough.

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
lol. Well, we we can always claim to have 'created or saved' a billion jobs since there is no way to measure ' or saved'.
I'm predicting the repubs save 605,004 jobs. Of course, I realize that 42.7% of all statistics are just made up

Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
They gave Obama about a week to fix things before they started screaming. I expect great things quickly from this new crew--they have all the answers, or at least that's what they've been telling us, right?

I'll check back a week after the new House takes over--they should surely have it all fixed by then if it's so simple...
They started on Obama before the election results were in.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
I'm enjoying watching the left implode.

And last night made oblama's reelection almost impossible with the pickup of so many governorships and state legislatures. It was a crushing defeat far more than you yet realize.
I think you should brush up on history...

Clinton was reelected in 1996, though the Republicans retained control of Congress.

I wouldn't get my party hats and noisemakers out too prematurely if I were you.

Ahead of the 1994 midterm elections, President Clinton traveled the country to make the case that voters should not hand Congress to the GOP. Newt Gingrich and his Republican colleagues, Mr. Clinton argued, wanted to return to the disastrous policies of the past; he insisted, a month before the vote, that the American people "will not be fooled again."

It didn't work. Republicans took control of both houses of Congress, and pundits saw the vote as a clear repudiation of the president's policies. Media coverage suggested it was all but over for the Democratic president.

And then -- just two years later -- Mr. Clinton cruised to a nine-point reelection victory over Bob Dole to win a second term.

Does a GOP Congress Help Obama For 2012? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Quote:
A couple of corrections:

Exactly right.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Default Just a little time will be required...

The paralysis of household and corporate spending, due largely to the massive uncertainties introduced by the Pelosi/Reid/Obama agenda, will take just a little time to sort out. Here are the issues, post-election:

1. Will Obama use unprecedented regulatory moves to inflict cap & trade on the economy, and how effectvely will the congress fight off this effort? The economy will begin to improve when and if cap & trade is dead.

2. Will Obamacare be modified to include proven cost-reducers such as the now-outlawed high-deductible health insurance with health savings accounts, or other approaches to treat the cause of rising health care costs? Will it continue to be aproached as a massive wealth redistribution, or will a more moderate course be plotted? When America senses that we are on the right track to addressing our problems in health care, the economy will begin to improve.

3. Will the president continue the anti-business rhetoric and agenda, or meet in the middle to reduce the highest corporate tax rates in the world, root out carve-outs and exemptions and giveaways to political favorites, etc? When most business people believe we have a tax structure that makes sense and pays the bills on a fair basis, business will improve.

3a. When chard check (by legislation or regulation) is dead, business will improve.

4. Will the massive wave of new regulations be reversed or slowed? CLosing 10% of the cement plants in the country and 7% of our electrical generation capacity via new regulations is just one facet of a syndrome that is affecting many if not most industries. So business will get better when the administration is stopped from trying to kill it. When will that happen?

Like it or not, these are the answers to your question.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
A couple of corrections:

So are millions of cows. And nuclear reactors. One ran for 150 million years.

Damn Interesting • Nature’s Nuclear Reactors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies