Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,951 times

Advertisements

hes a muslim terrorist whose sole purpose is to destroy america. he knew exactly what he was doing

Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
No, he simply talks out of both sides of his mouth.
Yeah, diarrhea from one side and special won ton soup from the other.

He will make it "sound" just good enough without substance.

He'll also make it that perhaps the few dirty from the floor that he stepped on "bread crumbs" as part of his so-called compromising with the Repubs will become that he's bending over backward so much and that the Repubs will then be the "bad guys" (which they're not) when they refuse - just watch this BS scenario unfold time and time again for the next 2 years.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I think you're exactly right. He's not stupid and he gets it very well.
He knew they would have to sacrifice some Democratic members of congress over the HC reform.
He probably didn't expect the actual number though.
Remember, the guy is on the mission to fundamentally change America.
Remember, no one knew what was in the bill.. They dont care if they messed things up, they know that once a bill gets passed its very difficult to repeal.. They can modify the bill and fix things later.. but he will always get the credit for getting it done.. (even if its wrong)..

Compare it to Social Security, or welfare. Do we recall the problems it had? No.. but you can recall who passed the Social Security into law.. Thats one of the most successful plans ever put into place (even though it also is a failure) because it increases tax revenues, lowers peoples profits, makes people dependent on the government.. Thats what Obama wants to do with healthcare as well. There is already talks about Obama being a 1 termer, thats because he passed everything he wanted when he could. No debate, no discussion, just ram it down and then fix the problems later...

Even if Republicans have to go through and "fix" the healthcare bill to make people less dependent upon government, it wont matter.. He will go down as the president who got it passed. Its about his legacy... its about him "fundamentally changing america".. He succeeded, I'm sure he's happy about it.. and who gives a crap what we think, we will just take our government check and shut up.. or even worse, ask for more...

Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM

277 posts, read 166,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He talked about HC endlessly, repeatedly, before and after the vote. 50 speeches, pressers, interviews.

There was no communication problem - and no, he doesn't "get" that his policies, especially obamacare and the way it was passed was the driving force of this election.

His arrogance and ego will not allow him to admit this.
Is it arrogant to place the blame on his own shoulders? To admit when he's been wrong or has gone the wrong path? How is that arrogant? if anyone can produce some transcripts or video of a certain other president taking responsibility & the blame, please provide it. Thank you.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I watched the President's news conference today and a reporter asked him if he thought the election was a repudiation of his policies. She also noted that some American's want do know if he "gets it?"

His response was, to paraphrase, that he believes he didn't do a good enough job of explaining what he's being doing.

That set me to wondering.

Does he really not get that his policies are un-popular, or is it really that he hasn't done a good enough job of selling them?

Let me ask this:

Do we need health care reform?
Or, just not THIS health care reform?

Do we need new banking regulations?
Or, just not THESE new banking regulations?

Do we need new enviornmental regulations?
Or, just not cap and trade?

Do we need a jobs creation program?
Or, just not his stimulus plan.

I'd make this a poll, but I don't know how.
He seems to have erased the events of the past 22 months from his mind

"No party has a monopoly on wisdom," the president said, "I want to engage both Democrats and Republicans..." And yet he defiantly told the republicans in Jan 2009 "I won" and refused to meet with them again until Nov 2009, where he once again told them "Elections have consequences.... and I won."

Responding to healthcare repeals, the president said: "As I said before, though, I think we’d be misreading the election if we thought that the American people want to see us for the next two years relitigate arguments that we had over the last two years."
Need I once again point out the 0bama did not have any meetings with republicans to discuss health care for nine months, and that he and the democrats worked behind closed doors, and away from the C-SPAN cameras?

"And I, in the rush to get things done, had to sign a bunch of bills that had earmarks in them, which was contrary to what I had talked about."
So did he lie to us when he said there were no earmarks in those bills he signed?

I don't think anything is going to change, he is already busy trying to rewrite history, so he can ignore it all.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM

277 posts, read 166,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
hes a muslim terrorist whose sole purpose is to destroy america. he knew exactly what he was doing
A muslim terrorist....that's exactly what I expect to hear from ignorant, uninformed Henny Penny's. What a whack job post.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Everyone seems to be repeating the talking points of the last couple of years, but I find it intersting that nobody has yet answered those 4 simple questions.

The election is over. Y'all won. What now?

Simply addressing the questions would go much farther in determining what happens next than just regurgitating the outrage.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Everyone seems to be repeating the talking points of the last couple of years, but I find it intersting that nobody has yet answered those 4 simple questions.

The election is over. Y'all won. What now?

Simply addressing the questions would go much farther in determining what happens next than just regurgitating the outrage.
This thread is about 0bama refusing to get what the hell just happened, you can start a new thread about what republicans want to do next. Or you can start reading about it yourself here Eric Cantor lays out 22-page game plan - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Old 11-03-2010, 08:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is already talks about Obama being a 1 termer, thats because he passed everything he wanted when he could. No debate, no discussion, just ram it down and then fix the problems later...

Even if Republicans have to go through and "fix" the healthcare bill to make people less dependent upon government, it wont matter..
Remember, he said he'd rather be a really awesome one-term president than a mediocre two-term?

And that's exactly why Obamacare must be repealed. Don't let him feel awesome on our dime.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,558 times
I think that he believes that his philosophy is the right road and in his arrogance he doesn't see that he may be wrong.
I noted that he moved from saying we need to get these things done to we need to work and allow healthy debate. I also noted that he had on a red tie. He also included the republicans in the decision process and moved away from the sit on the bus drinking a slurpee.
If he can go from total legislative control to the debate philosophy remains to be seen and on the Republican side if they stay away from the no compromise Rush Limbaugh philosophy I think the next 2 years could be a huge step forward for the American people. In fact I think that if they work for the US and not for their respective parties and the next election (2012) this country will not only get away from this recession we will also lead the rest of the world in doing the same.
However if we see party only no compromise philosophy we will back slide and it is really possible that because of the statements said by both party members we may see a collapse of our political structure. In fact the general undecided group may completely give up on Washington.
Also the Tea party needs to stay with their core philosophy that it is started on, being Fiscal issues and they keep that pressure on our representatives on those issues. If they move towards a Christian Right philosophy that will alienate the grater majority. One of the reasons that Christine O'Donnell lost (in my opinion) was that she placed her christian beliefs as a leading decision maker in her philosophy. While allot of the country is Christian the desire of free choice is more powerful in peoples minds. In general the American people like choosing not being told what to do and both Religious right and Progressive Liberal threaten that. In fact we have seen in the past 4 generations both philosophies kill people and destroy nations.
Alan Colmes was on Bill O'Reilly this evening and he said that people have a short term memory referring to Republican control of 2000 to 2008. He was wrong. We do remember and not only the short term but also the long term. We love history and devour it like a twinkie when we can.
People are tired of the Democrats and Republicans working for their individual parties and not working together for the greater good. That is what Washington was told and now it remains to be seen if they get the message of if they will chose to sink the nation.
Really important is that we are at a cross roads and if our leaders fail this time to many people will give up on them and we will be doomed to the failures of the past 10 years, I don't think that if Washington doesn't step up to the plate this time we will not recover for another 20 years and if so get used to this economy and this way of life.
The responsibility also strongly lies on us (you had to know I was gonna go here). People we must also step up as Americans and tell the "new" Washington what we want and what we expect. The elections are over and now it's time to put the real pressure on. DO NOT let our representatives make decisions for you. Force them to answer to you and be accountable for representing you.
Be Americans that Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine wanted us to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies