Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Now let's discuss this further.

A vagina is meant to be penetrated by a penis.

A rectum is meant to evacuate waste.

Vaginal sex is perfectly healthy unless the vagina has been around the block a few times.

Anal sex, not so much.

I rest my case.
The definition of sodomy includes oral sex. Maybe you didn't know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Heterosexuals do not have to, since it is the norm.

Homosexuality was hidden away by gays and lesbians for years because they realized that it is somehow wrong.

You don't need to hide "good" away in a closet.

Lesbians are easier for me to understand, I guess.

We men are disgusting!
No, gays hid it away for so long because they realized the right wing bigots in the world would kill them if they came out.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
All I mean is sometimes it's best to stay out of the face to gain acceptance.
Going about it in a smart way rather than a forceful way will yield better results in the long run.
I have never known anyone against civil unions including myself.
Ellen DeGeneres had a sitcom that was okay. Once she came out of the closet in real life, she also did in the show, which was okay.

That was until there were gays EVERYWHERE. It became "in your face" and was no longer a good show, hence it went off the air.

The same will happen to "Modern Family". In its first season, the gay couple were tolerable. Now, they are just TOO gay. Kissing and all.

I hate to say it, but the show will be gone.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, gays hid it away for so long because they realized the right wing bigots in the world would kill them if they came out.
Okay.

They're out.

How many gays have been murdered for being gay?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Okay.

They're out.

How many gays have been murdered for being gay?
Where, in the US, in the world, what time frame? I doubt there is any consensus. 10s of thousands of gays were killed in the Holocaust. I'm sure thousands of gays have been killed in the US, but only cases like Matthew Sheppard tend to reach the front page.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Sodomy was unlawful because of the health issues.
No, it was unlawful because of ignorance and intolerance.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
There are no such areas.

I did not mean to be disrespectful.
The Castro? West Hollywood is over 50% homosexual. Parts of Palm Springs. There are a few places. Not many, but they do exist. You're not being mean, just a little naive and ignorant.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Lesbians. There tends to be an 'ick factor' that many heterosexuals have with homosexual relationships.(moreso than with lesbians)

Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Now let's discuss this further.

A vagina is meant to be penetrated by a penis.

A rectum is meant to evacuate waste.

Vaginal sex is perfectly healthy unless the vagina has been around the block a few times.

Anal sex, not so much.

I rest my case.
Never had anal sex. My straight friends, different story. So I guess that they should only have vaginal intercourse without condoms then? Some of my straight friends also like having their prostrate stimulated. I wonder why that's an erogenous zone?

Look, sex for reproduction like in the sense that flies have sex (one way only) is not true. Since we are intelligent creatures our reward systems and bodily functions reflect that. We would not have as much sex as a whole if there was only one way to have sex. Thus, our bodies release the same chemicals if the anus is played with, or if nipples are played with (both men and women). Sex is supposed to be varied in order to keep it fresh and thus a bigger reward. It is to avoid behavioral satiation. Something that has reached the point of satiation can become aversive. Give your child their favorite cookie for 3 months straight everyday. By the third month, they may be sick and tired of that cookie. Same with sex, some people need variety in order to mate.

How this relates to homosexuality. Well, it kind of doesn't. What we do know about possible reasons on sexual differences has already been posted. This point of this was to say why your argument has not logical bearing (vagina penis only argument) since it's not even seen in heterosexual couplings (most couples engage in other types of sex as well).

Old 03-23-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
All I mean is sometimes it's best to stay out of the face to gain acceptance.
Going about it in a smart way rather than a forceful way will yield better results in the long run.
I have never known anyone against civil unions including myself.
So just allow marriage. Homosexuals are doing it the "smart" way. They presented how NOTHING will change for heterosexual couples.

Civil unions are fine, except that they don't carry the same legal weight.

So otherwise we end marriages and all have the same crappy legal graylands that are civil unions, or we extend the same rights for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies