Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Sarah don't know nuthin' 'bout no nutrition.
^^^Funny!

Seriously, Sarah Palin is the last person that anyone should be listening to regarding the proper care of children.

It baffles the mind that the "family values" "we're better than you" RWNJs and TPs hold Sarah Palin up as some sort of mascot of the American "wholesomeness" and yet....

1) She let her teenaged daughter have "sleep overs" with her boyfriend

2) The "sleep overs" happened under Sarah Palin's roof

3) As a result of the "sleep overs" her unmarried, teenaged daughter gets knocked up....all while Sarah is trying to preach to "us" about what we should be doing in "our" beds

4) Sarah Palin's knocked up, teenaged daughter then proceeds to have a very public (and tacky) Jerry Springer-esque baby daddy tabloid battle

5) Not to mention the fact that Sarah Palin spends more time flying all over the US trying to tell "us" what to do versus raising her own children.

6) What kind of mother spends so much time away from her special needs child all in the name of the almighty dollar?

Sarah Palin.....what a hypocrite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Good plan. Let's see how you work that out.
Didn't we used to have orphanages?

But it's also possible that if some of these sorry excuses for parents actually saw the government was serious about removing their children they'd clean up their acts.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Didn't we used to have orphanages?

But it's also possible that if some of these sorry excuses for parents actually saw the government was serious about removing their children they'd clean up their acts.
Ahh yes.. The small government, financially responsible right wing speaks again. We also used to have internment camps and Indian Reeducation Schools... Perhaps those were a good idea too.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times
Quote:
Ahh yes.. The small government, financially responsible right wing speaks again. We also used to have internment camps and Indian Reeducation Schools... Perhaps those were a good idea too.
How many orphanages were run by the government?

The liberal side speaks .... let's just let lousy parents maintain custody.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
How many orphanages were run by the government?

The liberal side speaks .... let's just let lousy parents maintain custody.
Do you even realize what you are proposing? What criteria determines lousy parenting? Are you really suggesting this? Do you realize the societal and monetary cost?

We take kids away from ABUSIVE and NEGLECTFUL parents. And we should. Lousy parenting/lousy nutrition yet you want someone else to raise there kids...

How do these "orphanages" get funded? Before you say the programmed "private donations" response, do you know what it costs to raise a child?!!?

The simplistic, unworkable responses really show the right wing's lack of critical thinking skills. Is there a community college near by? They might be able to help.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Do you even realize what you are proposing? What criteria determines lousy parenting? Are you really suggesting this? Do you realize the societal and monetary cost?

We take kids away from ABUSIVE and NEGLECTFUL parents. And we should. Lousy parenting/lousy nutrition yet you want someone else to raise there kids...

How do these "orphanages" get funded? Before you say the programmed "private donations" response, do you know what it costs to raise a child?!!?

The simplistic, unworkable responses really show the right wing's lack of critical thinking skills. Is there a community college near by? They might be able to help.
That was my thought on the post you responded to. In the interest of keeping government out of school lunch programs, the right wing would create a whole new government agency composed of parent police and federal orphanages.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i think you are affraid of her leadership skills and what would those be, quitting her JOB?and her good looks Matter of opinion. what you need to do is lighten up a little bit, and realize that she is fighting the good fight for our American parents and children Palin is not fighting for anything but another set of donations, book sales and speaking fees. Try trotting her out for President and see what the majority of voters think of her abilities or lack of.
Casper

Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 PM

320 posts, read 290,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
The free market will fix it. Eventually when enough people are obese, the public will start demanding healthy food options, which in turn will force fast food restaurants to go green, lowering the price of fruits and vegetables and reversing the damage of generations of fatty foods.

Says so right in my economics textbook...
The question is why are our people so stupid that it will have to come to that before they start eating healthy? If parents are stupid enough to make their children obese and unhealthy then maybe they do need a nanny. I mean many of them have to have people tell them how to think so why not have someone teach their kids to be healthy? I don't need someone to teach me proper nutrition but the obesity rates obviously say otherwise about the majority of our country.

Quote:

That sounds like BIG government to me. I thought those righty extremist are for small government?

I guess only when it suits them.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
[quote=

That sounds like BIG government to me. I thought those righty extremist are for small government?

I guess only when it suits them.
[/quote]
Shhhhhhhhh, you are not supposed to figure that out, and darn well not supposed to actually say it for others to read. Please be patient there will be someone dropping by to stop such thinking by you just as soon as the right gains total control of the govenment.
Casper

Old 11-11-2010, 01:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
I don't need someone to teach me proper nutrition but the obesity rates obviously say otherwise about the majority of our country.
I firmly believe this has more to do with little exercise, when I was a kid first thing you did when you got home was jump on the bike and take off some afternoon adventure. Even the fat kids rode bikes... I don't see any of these kids doing that, I see them involved in a lot of organized sports but not every day. There lives are so regimented I don't even think they have time for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies