Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I recall NPR reporting it early on as simply a plane crashing into the towers. They said there was speculation it was a suicide attempt, and were awaiting further information. I went out walking with a friend. By the time we got back, ~ 1/2 hour later, the details were becoming known.

G*d knows what Obama would have said. This thread is a little nutty.
Even today, when we know the enemy we face are radical Islamic terrorists, we cannot get Eric Holder and Big Sis to admit it, so if these fools were in charge during 2001, they would have scratched their wooden heads and we would still be looking for the culprits.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
An airplane hit the Empire State Building in 1945. That was an accident, though probably also a commentary on the pilot's skills. A lot of people here in New York thought that a plane hitting the World Trade Center was an accident...until a second plane hit the other tower. That took away all the doubts.
I recently heard the author of this book speak. She is a pilot herself. She said the minute she saw what had happened, she knew the pilot had to be dead for the building to have been hit. No matter what was happening, accidental or whatever, pilots are trained first and foremost to avoid killing people in populated areas, and if the pilot was alive, he would have rolled the plane over into the river.

The rest of her information was fascinating. She interviewed countless pilots, commercial and military, who were flying and/or involved that day. I intend to read the book--haven't gotten there yet.

Touching History :: Lynn Spencer

Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
What a stupid question! Obummer is the most ridiculous excuse of a President we have ever had and there is no way he would have handled anything better than Bush. Obummer would probably have smiled for the Muslim terrorist victory.
Don't think so. Obama would have gone after Bin Laden..........not Saddam.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
I don't know what his first reaction would have been, but I'd bet anything that his response would have been better than Bush's-- looking like a wide-eyed frightened rabbit, continuing to read a children's book while our country was under attack by terrorists.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Don't think so. Obama would have gone after Bin Laden..........not Saddam.

Keep drinkin the kool-aide. Obummer is muslim and he is inept and ill-equiped to handle any issues.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Keep drinkin the kool-aide. Obummer is muslim and he is inept and ill-equiped to handle any issues.
Now that's some deep thinking.

I have no idea what Obama would have said or done. But I find it distasteful that any president would make a joke about a bad pilot, knowing full well that a lot of innocent people in the airplane and inside the building had just lost thier lives.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I don't know what his first reaction would have been, but I'd bet anything that his response would have been better than Bush's-- looking like a wide-eyed frightened rabbit, continuing to read a children's book while our country was under attack by terrorists.
bush did just what he was supposed to do, stay where he was, not allarm anyone, until the secret service could establish his safe moves

even obama would have stayed reading to the kids, just as directed from the SS

Old 11-22-2010, 01:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
an up till 911 what did hijack mean
????

certainly not crashing them into buildings

and the epatation was he would hijack overseass...not conus
I am sure they thought that hijack meant they were only going to borrow the plane for awhile to take a vacation.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:19 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bush did just what he was supposed to do, stay where he was, not allarm anyone, until the secret service could establish his safe moves

even obama would have stayed reading to the kids, just as directed from the SS
Please post a link to where the SS told him to just keep sitting there for several minutes. That's the first I've heard of that one.

And alarming anyone? How about saying "the president needs to go take care of something now"? He wouldn't have to start flailing his limbs and saying how we were getting attacked! And then he spoke at the school, revealing his location. Another boneheaded move!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I recall NPR reporting it early on as simply a plane crashing into the towers. They said there was speculation it was a suicide attempt, and were awaiting further information. I went out walking with a friend. By the time we got back, ~ 1/2 hour later, the details were becoming known.

G*d knows what Obama would have said. This thread is a little nutty.

You think it's nutty? Look above your post, we have a truther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies