Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
This is so strange, if there is something 9/11 will never inspire me to do, is to crack jokes.
Agreed. Making jokes about something that took the lives of innocent people is a no class move, no matter who does it.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Bush was in on it from the git-go.

Why do you think he was in a third grade classroom in Florida?

Slow day at the white house?

I'll bet he picked Florida as a safe place, so as to be looked out for by the Bush governor.

I mean, who can you really trust during such a caper?

'Slow day at the Whitehouse'? Yeah, but not as slow as some of the brains on
this board. Oh, Bush had to sit there and keep reading 'The Pet Goat' to 6th
graders, and not run screaming out of the room, so as not to alarm them... LOL!
Do these fools REALLY believe that crap? Is there any doubt as to why the rest
of the world views the average American as an idiot? So Bush could have slowly
stood up and said 'ok kids, uncle Bushie has to go potty now - be back in a few
to finish my important job as president''. C'mon, Bush had been briefed on the
possible use of planes as missles, and there was a standing order not to fly
commercial planes for upper brass in the weeks prior to 9-11. By the way, there
just happened to be a simulation test of jets being used as weapons on 9-11, so
the air force didn't know if the planes were part of the 'test' or not... and
Bush when he sees a plane ram the tower says 'what a terrible pilot'? He's dumb
and evil, but not as stupid as these idiots who keep making up excuses for him.

http://makethemaccountable.com/whatwhen/Q01_WhySomeWarned.htm

Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
This is so strange, if there is something 9/11 will never inspire me to do, is to crack jokes.

More dangerous still, is to crack truths.

One and the same, one and the same.

"It is easy to become deluded by the audience, because they laugh. Don't let them make you buy the lie that what you're doing is for the laughter. Is what we're doing comedy? Probably not. Is it funny? Probably yes. Where do the really best laughs come from? Terrific connections made intellectually, or terrific revelations made emotionally." -Del Close (Truth in Comedy 25)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Close#Quotes

Old 11-23-2010, 10:58 AM

If the truth sets you free, then most people need a comedic to treat their ails.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
[/color]

'Slow day at the Whitehouse'? Yeah, but not as slow as some of the brains on
this board. Oh, Bush had to sit there and keep reading 'The Pet Goat' to 6th
graders, and not run screaming out of the room, so as not to alarm them... LOL!
Do these fools REALLY believe that crap? Is there any doubt as to why the rest
of the world views the average American as an idiot? So Bush could have slowly
stood up and said 'ok kids, uncle Bushie has to go potty now - be back in a few
to finish my important job as president''. C'mon, Bush had been briefed on the
possible use of planes as missles, and there was a standing order not to fly
commercial planes for upper brass in the weeks prior to 9-11. By the way, there
just happened to be a simulation test of jets being used as weapons on 9-11, so
the air force didn't know if the planes were part of the 'test' or not... and
Bush when he sees a plane ram the tower says 'what a terrible pilot'? He's dumb
and evil, but not as stupid as these idiots who keep making up excuses for him.

http://makethemaccountable.com/whatwhen/Q01_WhySomeWarned.htm

Vice President Dick Cheney AND the rest of the Bush Administration were ON THE JOB. It is not like the country has to wait until the president says something. Everyone else is getting paid to do their job. There is nothing the president could have accomplished by leaving 7 minutes earlier.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Vice President Dick Cheney AND the rest of the Bush Administration were ON THE JOB. It is not like the country has to wait until the president says something. Everyone else is getting paid to do their job. There is nothing the president could have accomplished by leaving 7 minutes earlier.
'On the job'? Really? You mean if Obama had seen a jetliner plow into the Twin Towers, thought to himself 'there's one terrible pilot', then went into a classroom of 6th graders to read 'The Pet Goat' - you think THAT would qualify for being 'on the job'? Don't think so.

QUESTION: One thing, Mr. President, is that you have no idea how much you've done for this country, and another thing is that how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?

BUSH: Well... (APPLAUSE)

Thank you, Jordan (ph).
Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower. America's under attack."

Old 11-23-2010, 12:02 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Do you think Obama would have had a better first reaction after learning that a passenger jet had plowed into the Trade Center?

"when he later recalled his thought process upon learning of the first plane to a Florida third grader named Jordan:
“I used to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot",
and I said, "It must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there - I didn't have much time to think about it."

They Let it Happen: "THERE'S ONE TERRIBLE PILOT"
No, I don't. Whoever would have even thought such a horrific thing could have been anything other than an accident? I thought the same thing (pilot error) when I watched, until the second plane crashed into the building.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Vice President Dick Cheney AND the rest of the Bush Administration were ON THE JOB.
You bet they were in on the job.

Inside, that is!

Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
No, I don't. Whoever would have even thought such a horrific thing could have been anything other than an accident? I thought the same thing (pilot error) when I watched, until the second plane crashed into the building.
YOU thought it was an accident. YOU weren't the president of the United States, charged to do everything in his power to defend us from all threats, and who was warned over and over that an attack using hijacked aircraft was immenet - so immenent that top Pentagon stopped flying commercial planes monthes before.

“Bush knew something was going to happen involving airplanes. He just didn't know what or exactly when. His attorney general, John ********, knew. His national security advisor, Condoleezza Rice, knew. They all knew… On July 26, 2001, cbsnews.com reported that John ******** had stopped flying on commercial airlines… The FBI did advise ******** to stay off commercial aircraft. The rest of us just had to take our chances…
“On July 5, 2001, according to a recent Washington Post article, the White House called together officials from a dozen federal agencies to give them a warning.

“‘Something really spectacular is going to happen here, and it's going to happen soon,’ the officials were told by the government's top counterterrorism official, Richard Clarke.

“Clarke considered the threat sufficiently important to direct every counterintelligence office to cancel vacations and get ready for immediate action, the Post reported.”

Why were some warned

Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Whoever would have even thought such a horrific thing could have been anything other than an accident?
Is this a serious question? Who? How about everyone who had access to national security intelligence.

How is it even possible at this point that you don't know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies