Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay couples having children
Yes - it is all about the love a child is given, not the sex of the parents 158 74.53%
No - we are meant to have a male and a female bring us up 54 25.47%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You're making an assumption. I would never stare...no matter what the combination.
your language from your first post directed towards me has made it pretty obvious you are trying to pick an argument with someone. you have demonstrated how reprehensible you find homosexuality. point made. good job! i really don't care what your particular opinion is and it is obvious enough i don't share it. please take your cruise for arguments down another street. you aren't gonna change my mind nor anyone else's. no matter how many "roll your eyes" smilies you throw down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 07:08 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
your language from your first post directed toward me has made it pretty obvious you are trying to pick an argument with someone. you have demonstrated how reprehensible you find homosexuality.
For many people it's easy to not understand Gay's, Bi's, Transgendered, etc. Many times the ones who are strongly against the concept have it bite them in the rear when their son or daughter comes out.

Our youngest son came out to us at 15 (we suspected) is "Married" and in a great relationship with another professional guy. They love and treat each other well and have a great life. Our son would make a great loving and caring father (I've taught him well). I hope someday they do adopt, we would love to have another grand baby.

For those against the gay lifestyle, what would you do if your 17 YO came out? Would you not wish them to have all the opportunities and love his straight parents have enjoyed.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's so sad the woman automatically stated the 7-year wait for a white baby. Really? Next time someone tries to convince me racism doesn't exist, I'm just going to tell them to call the state adoption agency.
I guess those were the calls she was used to getting, but she fell into the trap of failing to view people as individuals, and made her assumptions. And yep, that's what feeds things like prejudice and racism.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:22 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I don't think it's racism, at least not totally. A couple who really wants a baby is more likely to want it to seem more like theirs and white people are going to be more likely to have the money to adopt and more likely to have the money so they do not have to give their baby up for adoption. So there will be less white babies up for adoption for the white parents who want them.
A baby more like theirs? What do you think that is?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I guess those were the calls she was used to getting, but she fell into the trap of failing to view people as individuals, and made her assumptions. And yep, that's what feeds things like prejudice and racism.
I agree, she should have been treating each new customer as an individual. I'm just saying it's a sad fact that such an overwhelming percentage of people wanted white babies only that she ended up just spewing out that information. Assumptions usually arise from majorities, so I think it's safe to say a majority of people that called her were looking to adopt a white baby. It just breaks my heart to know that something like a baby's skin color or one aspect about them can cause them to spend years and years or their entire childhood in foster care or an orphanage. It makes me wonder--would my parents have adopted me if they knew I was legally blind at the time?

More on topic, if we see couples who are willing to take in "less wanted" children, then who cares if they are same-sex or opposite-sex? At least someone is wiling to give them love and isn't that what matters most above all? I can't believe people have the nerve to turn away a baby cause of their skin color or some other condition but then come around and say same sex parents aren't acceptable candidates for adoption.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,726 times
What are the chances your kids will be gay? Nill. So because of you and your partner's selfish desires (to raise a kid into a same sex parental household) the kid is going to have severe identity and self esteem and confidence issues.

Do whatever you want to in your own beds, but for the love of God don't drag innocent children into your perverted lifestyle.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
For those against the gay lifestyle, what would you do if your 17 YO came out? Would you not wish them to have all the opportunities and love his straight parents have enjoyed.
Because I am raised in a Christian home and am now on my own journey with God (although it is not good atm), I will most likely to raise a home with Christian doctrine and faith as well. If my 17 year old came out, I would definitely be heartbroken. I think my struggle with this issue is how to not overlook or condemn but talk to them and share the love of Jesus with him/her in a more understanding way of how God work for the good of those who love him (for the sake of argument let's say they're involve with church, loves Jesus, etc). If they're not involve with church, etc., then I still the opportunity to love and share the Goodnews to them. Not to codemn but to bring hope. If they choose to embrace this, then I can't do anything about but pray for them. If they choose to not embrace this and want to over come it, I'll help them as much as I can as their mother. It is my job, as their mother, to love and bring truth into their lives. All this talk sounds easy but I know it's definitely not going to be easy.

Last edited by ho hey!; 11-25-2010 at 09:14 AM..

Old 11-25-2010, 06:27 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,868,108 times
wow you make it sound like being gay is some kind of disese or disability to over come...

Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
If my 17 year old came out, I would definitely be heartbroken.

If they choose to embrace this, then I can't do anything about but pray for them. If they choose to not embrace this and want to over come it, I'll help them as much as I can
Wow, I really feel for your kid(s). Talk about pressure.

Do you have any idea how many gay/transgender/transsexual people commit suicide due to things such as your attitude?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
your language from your first post directed towards me has made it pretty obvious you are trying to pick an argument with someone. you have demonstrated how reprehensible you find homosexuality. point made. good job! i really don't care what your particular opinion is and it is obvious enough i don't share it. please take your cruise for arguments down another street. you aren't gonna change my mind nor anyone else's. no matter how many "roll your eyes" smilies you throw down.
Your assumptions are incorrect, I assure you. My post was directed at your seemingly global use of the word "homophobe". I'm not sure why you think I'm trying to change your mind about anything...and what on earth would I be trying to change your mind about, anyway????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies