Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,344,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Although I don't agree with the TSA, isn't the hyperbole a bit much?
I look at it as a cheap x-ray that is an extra health care benefit.
I don't know WHY they're not using MRI.

What if the terrorist just swallowed the explosive and ran the detonator wire up the esophagus to a mercury filling?

All's he'd hafta do is bite down to an opposite filling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:39 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,931,298 times
As a veteran airline pilot I can attest to the necessity and safety of passenger screening.
I don't like it any more than you do, but we're all professionals...including the TSA. They like touching pax probably a whole lot less than some pax like the drill. So cut them some slack or take the bus....for now.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:39 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,746,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
As a veteran airline pilot I can attest to the necessity and safety of passenger screening.
I don't like it any more than you do, but we're all professionals...including the TSA. They like touching pax probably a whole lot less than some pax like the drill. So cut them some slack or take the bus....for now.
I don't think many, if any, people who do not agree or like the new rules are 'blaming' the actual screeners.
Any reasonable person understands these people obviously need a job & the new rules have made their jobs more uncomfortable & harder than before.

The anger is at TSA who did not provide proper training or some of the things we have recently seen wouldn't have happened.

The fact that they now have people putting their hands down travelers pants & feeling around without taking the hygiene aspect of changing gloves shows that they don't give a hoot about hygiene or anything concerning the public.
Do you know who owned the parent company that created the x ray machines ?
Nobody is going to tell me that the powers that be were 'worried' about our safety. If that were the case, it would have happened much sooner than this.
Sorta like locking the barn door After the chickens get out.
This is another step in the controlling of the masses.

Now on to the train stations please.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:51 PM

24 posts, read 53,767 times
I will never fly again.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,344,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't think many, if any, people who do not agree or like the new rules are 'blaming' the actual screeners.
Any reasonable person understands these people obviously need a job & the new rules have made their jobs more uncomfortable & harder than before.

The anger is at TSA who did not provide proper training or some of the things we have recently seen wouldn't have happened.
You sure put a lota stock in "training".

People who can't think, need training.

A trained idiot is more dangerous than an untrained idiot.

I'll take a trained dog any day though.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,746,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You sure put a lota stock in "training".

People who can't think, need training.

A trained idiot is more dangerous than an untrained idiot.

I'll take a trained dog any day though.
LOL......you do have a great point here come to think of it.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
First of all EXCUSE the spelling error. I meant to type HYGIENE not what I put. Sorry about that. I wish I could correct the spelling in the title but I don't know how.

I brought up this notion days ago (when all the TSA posts were lumped together in a 100 page thread).... that TSA "officers" (as I think they are called) are probably spreading all sorts of germs from one passenger to the next after they grope one passanger and then the next without changing their gloves!

This World Net Daily article confirms my suspicians and even says bedbugs (and probably crabs and lice) is very likely being spread from one passenger to the next.
Spreadin' the glove: TSA infecting U.S.?

It is now being advised that you tell the examiner to put on a new pair of gloves BEFORE they examine you. I would make sure they take them out of a box or sterile package and not their own pockets as one TSA worker admitted to doing in the article.
Because sitting in the passenger seat of a civilian aircraft for several hours where someone else sat and someone else sat before that and someone before...doesn't expose you to anything.

Or sitting in the seat at a movie theater, a bus, a restaurant, or a hospital. Or any other public facility...

The bugs!!!

Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because sitting in the passenger seat of a civilian aircraft for several hours where someone else sat and someone else sat before that and someone before...doesn't expose you to anything.

Or sitting in the seat at a movie theater, a bus, a restaurant, or a hospital. Or any other public facility...

The bugs!!!

At least when you are sitting in the airplane seat, you have clothing on that offers some protection. TSA agents are placing their gloved hands inside people's pants and touching genitalia which could expose them and the next passenger to be screened to body fluids and/or blood (think menstruating women). These new procedures were implemented rather haphazardly and not all TSA agents are even changing their gloves. Do you want your genitalia to be touched with the same glove that has reached into someone else's pants who has STD or Yeast infections? The scanners do not automatically exempt you from the enhanced pat downs as many travelers have experienced so this is a real, legit concern.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
At least when you are sitting in the airplane seat, you have clothing on that offers some protection. TSA agents are placing their gloved hands inside people's pants and touching genitalia which could expose them and the next passenger to be screened to body fluids and/or blood (think menstruating women). These new procedures were implemented rather haphazardly and not all TSA agents are even changing their gloves. Do you want your genitalia to be touched with the same glove that has reached into someone else's pants who has STD or Yeast infections? The scanners do not automatically exempt you from the enhanced pat downs as many travelers have experienced so this is a real, legit concern.
Is this actually happening?

[genuine question]

If they are, then a pair of new gloves is in order (that is reasonable). For everything else, they don't need to change gloves.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Is this actually happening?

[genuine question]

If they are, then a pair of new gloves is in order (that is reasonable). For everything else, they don't need to change gloves.
Uh ... Where have you been?

Airport pat-downs: 'Invasive' pat-downs continue for holidays - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies