Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
& even more troubling to realize if she decides to run in 2012 for president, that she may actually make it. People just vote for who they like as opposed to who is actually qualified & SP is not.
Maybe there is something to that Mayhem calender!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,430 times
The real issue is not that she slipped up. It is that she may have actually THOUGHT North Korea is our ally. She honestly is NOT up to speed on politics because she is no longer governor of anything. She is a personality that commentates on Politics at this point.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. I hope that people remember that in a few years. I would hate for her to win the presidency and then a few months later decide to give up because it is too hard.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,424,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"Many observers have argued that Palin could never win because of her embarrassing lack of expertise, knowledge, or interest in foreign policy. Her appearance on Fox News host Glenn Beck’s radio show today, captured by Oliver Willis, suggests they may be right..."

ThinkProgress » Palin: ‘Obviously, We’ve Got To Stand With Our North Korean Allies’

That's not always a great slip up to make while trying to prove you are the right stuff

We should see if she can spell potato....
What's more pathetic than this is those that just believe the lib blog they read, instead of listening to the clip when she IMMEDIATELY corrects herself for a slip of the tongue.

It's hysterical how many of you just jump on any bandwagon you can, yet don't know what you're talking about.

IT'S HARD TO CALL SOMEONE STUPID WHEN YOU BASE YOUR "FACTS" ON COMPLETELY INACCURATE REPORTS. WHO'S REALLY THE STUPID ONE?

Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
What's more pathetic than this is those that just believe the lib blog they read, instead of listening to the clip when she IMMEDIATELY corrects herself for a slip of the tongue.

It's hysterical how many of you just jump on any bandwagon you can, yet don't know what you're talking about.

IT'S HARD TO CALL SOMEONE STUPID WHEN YOU BASE YOUR "FACTS" ON COMPLETELY INACCURATE REPORTS. WHO'S REALLY THE STUPID ONE?
I did listen to the clip and she NEVER corrected herself at all. After Mr. Beck mentioned that it's South Korea that is our ally, she merely went on with what she was saying. Yes, she thereafter used the correct designation for the country that is our ally, but she never even mentioned the fact that she had used the incorrect designation at the start of her comments. No "oops, I guess I must be more tired than I thought" or anything whatsoever. Not until she posted that ridiculous rant against Obama on facebook did I ever read or hear anything from her about it. And even with that, she writes only of the way "everyone is using 'my slip' against me." Still no real explanation of the slip.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who cares? Means nothing? Wow, just wow!

Those Who Forget the Past are Doomed to Repeat It | Reference.com

"""Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"" is a quote attributed to George Santayana, in Reason in Common Sense.
LMAO You didn't say anything. Who are you or anyone to say to me I should care what happens in other countries and act on it?

Of course no response to the Constitution. No one attacked us. We shouldn't have ever been in Korea(or Vietnam or the Middle East or WW1).
By all means, as an individual go over there and help to your hearts content. It's your life, I don't own it. But those who love to use force and risk OTHER peoples lives for their causes I find repugnant.
The big redeeming quality of democrats was their voice against war and illegal occupation. All a bunch of hot air now that they are in charge.

Hope and change????? pffft business as usual.

Keep expanding our empire. History has proven it is such a peachy idea that worked well for the Romans, the British, the Germans, .........
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Now where did I just read that? lol

Kucinich has it right when he said "There is a permanent war economy and there is a permanent war mentality. And, we’re so much a part of what we do except that it’s counter-productive, it’s costly, it’s killing our ability to take care of things here at home"

Old 11-27-2010, 02:56 AM

161 posts, read 141,507 times
I think she might have made honest mistake on this one and meant South. I do believe that 1-2 years ago, she probably didn't know that there are 2 Koreas.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
The real issue is not that she slipped up. It is that she may have actually THOUGHT North Korea is our ally.
She may believe, like many others, that since North Korea is a military dictatorship, that their purpose is to defend South Korea from Chinese aggression.

I mean, what happens when you have a large standing army?

Where do you keep them?

Ya just can't trust 'em, that's what.

The military mind is one of arrested development.

Sarah Palin might have a natural affinity for North Korea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbQ7...eature=related

Old 11-27-2010, 07:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO You didn't say anything. Who are you or anyone to say to me I should care what happens in other countries and act on it?

Of course no response to the Constitution. No one attacked us. We shouldn't have ever been in Korea(or Vietnam or the Middle East or WW1).
By all means, as an individual go over there and help to your hearts content. It's your life, I don't own it. But those who love to use force and risk OTHER peoples lives for their causes I find repugnant.
The big redeeming quality of democrats was their voice against war and illegal occupation. All a bunch of hot air now that they are in charge.

Hope and change????? pffft business as usual.

Keep expanding our empire. History has proven it is such a peachy idea that worked well for the Romans, the British, the Germans, .........
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Now where did I just read that? lol

Kucinich has it right when he said "There is a permanent war economy and there is a permanent war mentality. And, we’re so much a part of what we do except that it’s counter-productive, it’s costly, it’s killing our ability to take care of things here at home"
Where did I say you should act on anything?

You are probably correct that we shouldn't have been there. However, Sarah is not debating that. She's talking about our "allies", but she doesn't know why we ever were over there. It's easy to get confused as to who the ally was if you don't understand the issue.

Sarah should forget about the Tea Party and resurrect the "Know Nothing" party.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I did listen to the clip and she NEVER corrected herself at all. After Mr. Beck mentioned that it's South Korea that is our ally, she merely went on with what she was saying. Yes, she thereafter used the correct designation for the country that is our ally, but she never even mentioned the fact that she had used the incorrect designation at the start of her comments. No "oops, I guess I must be more tired than I thought" or anything whatsoever. Not until she posted that ridiculous rant against Obama on facebook did I ever read or hear anything from her about it. And even with that, she writes only of the way "everyone is using 'my slip' against me." Still no real explanation of the slip.
Which serves to demonstrate the REAL Sarah Palin--as opposed to the Presidential-quality politician her supporters so desperately want her to be.

She didn't think her "slip of the tongue" was even important enough to acknowledge. It's no big deal to her; North Korea, South Korea, Ghana--what's the difference? If it's more than two miles away from Wasilla, it's all the same to her.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:36 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
She may believe, like many others, that since North Korea is a military dictatorship, that their purpose is to defend South Korea from Chinese aggression.

Who are these others that believe this? Are any of them either in the military OR politics, or are they just random LOONYS? Just so I know who you are talking about.
Secondly, if South Korea does not want North Korea to "defend" them from China, then the theory makes no sense.

Why would the North fire on the same people they are "trying" to protect?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies