Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Imagine President Palin confronting her first international crisis. She orders the Air Force to bomb.....the wrong country. All because she is too stupid to tell north from south (or east from west for that matter). Of course to the Tea Partiers it wouldn't matter as long as she cuts their taxes.

Or Pakistan from Afghanistan.

"The vast majority of the deaths, around 700 according to one estimate, have been innocent civilians. With such a massive civilian toll and so little to show for it, it is no wonder that Pakistani people have been up in arms over the continued strikes."

US Killed 700 Civilians in Pakistan Drone Strikes in 2009 -- News from Antiwar.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 PM

423 posts, read 824,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I didn't know you felt that way about the age of the Earth.

I think its much older.
You sure you understood my post? Or was it just a bad attempt to make a joke?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
You sure you understood my post? Or was it just a bad attempt to make a joke?
Yeah, my bad - joke, that is!

But, I was also critical of your sentence for it not referencing the pronoun.

After taking Latin in high school, I became critical of the flaws of the English language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x6Ng

Old 11-25-2010, 10:56 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
At Fort Greeley in Alaska, the missile defense silos can defend the U.S. from both North Korea and but the Obama budget would cuts the number of interceptor missiles based there from 44 to 30.

Read more: Lawmakers Question Obama's Missile Defense Cuts - FoxNews.com
GMD? The best thing to be said about that 21st century Maginot Line is that now we can at least see the hole that our tax funds are being poured into. Fixed defense against mobile offense.

Are we to assume that a country that can build 31 ICBMs would be utterly stumped by a requirement to build 45 instead? (Actually, with warhead intercept being the plan, reliability being less than 100% and warhead decoy technology being simpler than ICBMs, it's almost a given that several interceptors would be needed per ICBM.)

Hell, Pyongyang could deploy 50 cheap-ass fake ICBM silos and laugh their rearsides off watching the US scramble to pour more defense money into ABM interceptors. Money spent in Alaska can not be spent in South Korea.

Quote:
The Senate voted Tuesday to cut off production funding for the F-22 fighter, a come-from-behind win for Defense Secretary Robert Gates who has targeted the costly program as part of his effort to restructure the Pentagon budget.
The F-22 program was obscenely expensive, took 15 years from the contract was awarded to the first fighter was deployed, and burned money every step of the way. The USAF is getting 180+ very good air superiority fighters, but a better plane (F-35) is on the way and oh by the way, the two wars actually being fought have no need of a very good air superiority fighter.

Hell, there's all signs that developments for existing fighter aircraft - providing major capability increases at a fraction of the price - were deliberately squelched so as not to interfere with the attractiveness of the vaunted F-22. The Air Force needs to rein in their contractors.

And FWIW, even John McCain argued in favor of stopping at 187 F-22s. The USAF has a lot of tasks to handle and limited funds.

Quote:
Turtle bridges OK,...missile defense and advanced fighter jets a big waste of money?
The specific examples you mention are everything the right-wing likes to claim government projects must be - expensive, bureaucratic, and frankly, semi-corrupt affairs. Wildlife protection is chicken feed in comparison.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Default Here's to you lib's — Go suck swamp water. Read this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
People like her shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Okay, egghead, here is a nice little piece in response to you critics, along with links to many of our so-called Presidents slip ups, which none of you have ever once mentioned on here, and they are far worse.

The one about 57 states, he has repeated on several occassions, I have heard it with my own ears at least twice in two speeches.

A Thanksgiving Message to All 57 States | Facebook

This is for starters if you are too lazy to read Sarah's complete FB post. The links are to Obama's YouTube videos.
Quote:
My fellow Americans in
all 57 states, the
time has changed for come. With our country founded
more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from
the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring
greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to
halt the rise of privacy, and
Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a
breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah,
I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…

Old 11-26-2010, 05:34 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Anyone that defends this and uses Obama's slip-ups to compare it to are just grasping at straws.
Interesting that you mention that...I could never understand why people defend someone by comparing them to someone else that's guilty of the same thing.....like when people defend Obama by saying that Bush was worse...so what, they doesn't say much for Obama when they do that. Athough Obama is POTUS and Biden, who's also known for putting his foot in his mouth, is the VP and Palin, inspite of the fact the some on the left can't seem to stop making fun of her, is basically....what....just nothing more than a US citizen.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Palin's spin doctors are the hardest working people in the country! Let's see how they manage to write this one off. Unless, of course, it turns out that she actually meant what she said, and considers North Korea to be an ally.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Interesting that you mention that...I could never understand why people defend someone by comparing them to someone else that's guilty of the same thing.....like when people defend Obama by saying that Bush was worse...so what, they doesn't say much for Obama when they do that. Athough Obama is POTUS and Biden, who's also known for putting his foot in his mouth, is the VP and Palin, inspite of the fact the some on the left can't seem to stop making fun of her, is basically....what....just nothing more than a US citizen.
Although I agree with you on 'comparing', I do not agree that it is because 'one is guilty of the SAME things'.
I believe that president Obama & Joe Biden actually KNOW who our allies are & anyone who is seriously considering becoming our next president ought to know who our allies are or NOT.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Okay, egghead, here is a nice little piece in response to you critics, along with links to many of our so-called Presidents slip ups, which none of you have ever once mentioned on here, and they are far worse.

The one about 57 states, he has repeated on several occassions, I have heard it with my own ears at least twice in two speeches.

A Thanksgiving Message to All 57 States | Facebook

This is for starters if you are too lazy to read Sarah's complete FB post. The links are to Obama's YouTube videos.
They both suffered the effects of mercury fillings in their youth.

Dental records should be a part of the qualifications testing for government service.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're grasping at straws. Give me a break. Anyone with a brain knows what she meant to say.

But you people still have no excuse for Obama and his repeated "mistakes" like we have "57 states"? And that was on several occasions, not just one.
Anyone except Palin that is.

She obviously doesn't have a clue about what is the situation is in Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies