Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 08:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What if they ran Huckleberry as his running mate?
It is more likely that the Southern Republicans would just vote for Huckabee to be the nominee, like they did last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"Many observers have argued that Palin could never win because of her embarrassing lack of expertise, knowledge, or interest in foreign policy. Her appearance on Fox News host Glenn Beck’s radio show today, captured by Oliver Willis, suggests they may be right..."

ThinkProgress » Palin: ‘Obviously, We’ve Got To Stand With Our North Korean Allies’

That's not always a great slip up to make while trying to prove you are the right stuff

We should see if she can spell potato....
What scares me as much as Sara Palin for President are those people who actually think she is capable & would be a 'good choice' as president for our country.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Default Palin: ‘Obviously, We’ve Got To Stand With Our North Korean Allies’

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Perhaps, but that was one the most depressing responses I have heard from someone aspiring to be president. She did not answer the hosts question and spewed her usual sound bite rhetoric. Oh well, nothing some long hair, a wink, and a casual "You betcha" can't fix...
She's way ahead of the curve.

She only meant that once North Korea becomes our ally, we are standing by them, that's all.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Fiscal conservatism demands cutting those anti-missile systems. Let South Korea defend itself. Let's not bail out South Korea with US taxpayers' money.....just as we shouldn't bail out Americans who've lost their homes and jobs. Go Tea Party!!!

That anti-missile defense system which was cut defended the continental USA.

At Fort Greeley in Alaska, the missile defense silos can defend the U.S. from both North Korea and but the Obama budget would cuts the number of interceptor missiles based there from 44 to 30.

Read more: Lawmakers Question Obama's Missile Defense Cuts - FoxNews.com

The Senate voted Tuesday to cut off production funding for the F-22 fighter, a come-from-behind win for Defense Secretary Robert Gates who has targeted the costly program as part of his effort to restructure the Pentagon budget.

Senate votes to cut F-22 fighter jet funding - David Rogers and Jen DiMascio - POLITICO.com

Turtle bridges OK,...missile defense and advanced fighter jets a big waste of money?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're grasping at straws. Give me a break. Anyone with a brain knows what she meant to say.

But you people still have no excuse for Obama and his repeated "mistakes" like we have "57 states"? And that was on several occasions, not just one.
So you forgive Palin but not Obama. That hypocrisy don't ya know.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is more likely that the Southern Republicans would just vote for Huckabee to be the nominee, like they did last time.
Maybe the candidates should run in two's in the primary.

Huck and Mitt as one and two, and if that doesn't work out, try Mitt and Huck.

Who could beat that kind of cooperation?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:57 PM

423 posts, read 824,285 times
From someone who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old I expect to hear all kinds of insanities, and this one actually isn't the worst.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
When corrected, I didn't hear Sarah say something like: "Oh yes, South Korea! That is what I meant."

Instead, Sarah says this:
"Eh, Yeah. And we’re also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes."

Does it make sense to you that we are allies with both North and South Korea?

Flippin' DUH!

She said we were bound by treaty to defend what she mistakenly referred to as our N. Korean ally, then, when corrected, made the second point that we were also bound by prudence to defend our S. Korean (same subject) ally. The subject isn't both North and South Korea. The subject is and was S. Korea all along and the reason it wouldn't make sense for her to have said what you are trying desperately to have had her say is that she didn't ever mean N. Korea as you would hope she did.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
From someone who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old I expect to hear all kinds of insanities, and this one actually isn't the worst.
I didn't know you felt that way about the age of the Earth.

I think its much older.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
What scares me as much as Sara Palin for President are those people who actually think she is capable & would be a 'good choice' as president for our country.
I said the same thing about the Obama and McCain supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies