Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Brilliant, an article from the UK. God, you're smart.
Unemployed individuals are unemployed, regardless of where they live.

How about american source? Again, it doesnt matter the location.
Down, Not Out: Unemployed And Happier Than Ever
Quote:
At some point, and I think there are like 88 million guns in this country, people are just not going to be offing themselves - rather others.
How is that any different than when people had jobs? Btw, crime is also down because people are unemployed..

Despite more jobless, crime rates drop - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Call BS all you want. I know of another guy (confirmed) who did the same damn thing. You really DO need to get around the Internet forums a bit more.
I get enough humor here on cd to last me a lifetime.. No need to go elsewhere and listen to people whine because they need more welfare...

Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
I am just sitting here with tears streaming down my face. This is the SECOND suicide since end of July I've had to read about. I am sure there are many more. If this is not the appropriate forum in which to post, please move...

A tragic Thanksgiving letter from one valiant 99er who gives up hope - Rochester Unemployment | Examiner.com

I am just so incredibly sad and ANGRY with anyone who would say these poor people don't need help. ********** country and ********** government and screw capitalism!
As I watch the evil cabal of politicians and corporate robbers playing games with the lives of the American people I keep hearing a specific line of an old Bob Dylan song....The Masters of War.....going around in my head. I wonder if anyone can guess which one. These evil, evil people will surely have to pay, in this life and/or the next, for all the blood on their hands.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Call BS all you want. I know of another guy (confirmed) who did the same damn thing. You really DO need to get around the Internet forums a bit more.
Fine, I'll take your word for it. You call it a tragedy, I'll call it a good cleaning out of the gene pool.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Unemployed individuals are unemployed, regardless of where they live.

How about american source? Again, it doesnt matter the location.
Down, Not Out: Unemployed And Happier Than Ever

How is that any different than when people had jobs? Btw, crime is also down because people are unemployed..

Despite more jobless, crime rates drop - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
You just wait and see. And my comment stands true. God, you're smart. Who would cite a UK source first? Oh, and your article was dated 7-9-9 from the Huff Post. Geez, it's 11-10.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The government people still have their jobs. It seems fine to them...
Not all of them.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:12 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
A lot of statistics for a (supposed) suicide note. That, and I tend to not believe things that start with: "The following letter from a desperate and hopeless 99er named Mark was sent to me by another hard working 99er, Bud Meyers. Mark's contact information is not yet available."

I'm calling BS.
Oh, and what you don't realize, there is a whole network out there you don't even know about. I won't cite the websites here, but trust me, these people are hooked up and I've been privy to a lot you have not.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
I am just sitting here with tears streaming down my face. This is the SECOND suicide since end of July I've had to read about. I am sure there are many more. If this is not the appropriate forum in which to post, please move...

A tragic Thanksgiving letter from one valiant 99er who gives up hope - Rochester Unemployment | Examiner.com

I am just so incredibly sad and ANGRY with anyone who would say these poor people don't need help. ********** country and ********** government and screw capitalism!
Very sad indeed. During this time in our country we need compassion and empathy for the least among us. Something many seem to be severely deficient in. Not only deficient, but downright mean towards those who suffer the most. To me that's a sign of a psychopath, but I digress...

Unfortunately this is the crux of their argument: Black and white with nothing in between. I suppose it's the only way their brain is capable of functioning. If you lost your job you're "Lazy" if you're working class poor or middle class but can't afford health insurance you're a "loser", etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I can just see the guy from the story thinking...
Boo hoo hoo, I've been unemployed for 2 years and my welfare is running out.. oooh golly, what will I do, I know.. I'll just kill myself so others can start threads asking for more welfare in order to keep people from suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I seem to have misplaced my tiny little violin.

See what I mean?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You just wait and see. And my comment stands true. God, you're smart. Who would cite a UK source first? Oh, and your article was dated 7-9-9 from the Huff Post. Geez, it's 11-10.
As someone who claims to be versed in "forum conversations", I would think your mind would be open to all news sources, not just from your limited list.. Who would cite a UK source? Someone who knew there was a recent study in the UK. Its not my fault you were unaware that these studies are done constantly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Old 11-28-2010, 10:14 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
I seem to have misplaced my tiny little violin.
Quote:
99er's? How cute. They have their own club. I'm guessing they don't have to actually pay any monthly dues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Fine, I'll take your word for it. You call it a tragedy, I'll call it a good cleaning out of the gene pool.
disgusting.

People do commit suicide all the time. They're desperate people. Its the last resort.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-29-2010 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies