Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:46 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Oh please, you have your cross piece on while typing?

Oh please, you actually try to make one Muslim represent Islam when there have been hundreds of christian priests abusing children IN THIS COUNTRY for years and the Vatican doesn't care?

Oh please, you assume I'm a muslim because I'm not a fan of making ignorant sweeping statements? Please.

Those priests should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as should any church officials that covered up said abuse just like this Imam should be prosecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM

The reason it's important to bring stories like this to the forefront is because what this Imam did is supported by his religion. Christianity does not call on it's followers to commit violence like Islam does. People like the Catholic priests that molested children were not only breaking the law but also commiting a sin whereas this guy and muslim terrorists are commiting acts that are not only condoned but required by their religion.

In order to be a good muslim you must beat your wife if she is disobedient and kill Christians, gays, Jews and Americans whenever you can. You must stone rape victims to death. You must cut off hands and feet of petty criminals. This is a FACT and cannot be disputed.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I have no love for Islam, but there have been Christians who have done the same while quoting the Bible.
The Bible doesn't instruct men to beat their wives but the Koran does.

And as for pedophiles, no where does Christianity actually promote it - cover up isn't the same as promoting it but Mohammed's favorite "wife" was a little girl, a six year old child he bought.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I have no love for Islam, but there have been Christians who have done the same while quoting the Bible.
Oh yeah? Who? Name a real Christian and not some crackpot WBC that says they are Christians.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
The reason it's important to bring stories like this to the forefront is because what this Imam did is supported by his religion. Christianity does not call on it's followers to commit violence like Islam does. People like the Catholic priests that molested children were not only breaking the law but also commiting a sin whereas this guy and muslim terrorists are commiting acts that are not only condoned but required by their religion.

In order to be a good muslim you must beat your wife if she is disobedient and kill Christians, gays, Jews and Americans whenever you can. You must stone rape victims to death. You must cut off hands and feet of petty criminals. This is a FACT and cannot be disputed.
Exactly - and the problem of the Church is the exact same problem of liberal judges. The Church makes the mistake of believing pedophiles can be saved and that they can reform and so do liberal judges believe they can reform. That's why the Church thought they could get some counseling and go to confession, but that's not so different than our very lax judicial system that allows pedophiles to run free instead of locking them up in prison forever.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:56 PM

It's funny with liberals. If a Jewish or Christian woman was beaten by her husband, they would wring their hands and insist it was a horrendous crime.

When a Muslim beats his wife, it's not a problem. All the liberals jump in to defend and make excuses for him. They're so enamoured with Islam that wife beating and honor killings are all fine.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Oh yeah? Who? Name a real Christian and not some crackpot WBC that says they are Christians.

I don't know any Christians that think those scumbags are anything but an abomination and honestly I think they may be secretly left wing types acting that way in order to somehow smear Christianity. They have documented links to Al Gore.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I have no use for any one who uses Religion as an excuse to violence. Or to do such evil acts, in the name of a religion. Such cowards, i have no empathy, no respect, no feelings at all for such individuals.

I will Say it over and over again, so many of these people are non humane, they are ANIMALS, disgusting creatures, that do terrible things in the name of their religion. They have no common respect or dicency, for Women. I loathe some of these people or anyone who uses violence in this matter, and hides behind a religion.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's funny with liberals. If a Jewish or Christian woman was beaten by her husband, they would wring their hands and insist it was a horrendous crime.

When a Muslim beats his wife, it's not a problem. All the liberals jump in to defend and make excuses for him. They're so enamoured with Islam that wife beating and honor killings are all fine.
That's because merely pointing out that a "non-violent" Imam has beaten his wife to a bloody pulp makes one an automatic Islamophobe.

Only Jews and Christians do horrible things in the name of religion according to most of the hard core Progressives posting on CD. Does that make them good little dhimmis or simply misogynist apologists?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
How many of you have actually read the Koran? I'm curious. In the Koran it clearly states that fellow people of the Book (ie Jews and Christians) are seen just as that; brethren. Jihad in the context that you know it is the direct twisting of the word by extremists. Jihad actually means the holy war you wage within yourself (ie good conquering evil). Jihad was only extended to "infidels" very recently (ie by organizations like the Taliban). Taliban does not = Islam. In fact, they are to Islam what the Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity. They're just a lot more powerful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies