Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 10:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The FEDGOV has no money, other than what it collects from working citizens... That would be society...
You sure of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:45 PM

180 posts, read 391,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Unemployment was awesome for me. I stayed at my grandmas house rent free out in the sticks and saved every penny of my benefits while basically taking an 8 month vacation remodeling here home and going fishing almost every day. after paying off a pile of bills and saving up about 6 grand I relocated to another state and collected benefits for another 2 months while I searched for a new job.
without unemployment I would still be stuck up north making half of what I was at some temp dead end job waiting for the economy to recover but instead I'm living it up on the beach with a great new job and no debt.
What you did son is commit FRAUD. You lied to the government and you glee over it. Wouldn't it be a nice thing if they caught your ass, made you pay back all the money you collected illegally, got slapped with a big ole fat fine spent the next 20 years in jail? It is exactly idiots like you that give the 99% of honest unemployed people a bad name. But what the hell do you care, you went fishing right?

Flippin amazing !!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
55 to 65 is a 10k increase. My hypothesis of 5K is closer than your statement of 40K.

And why on earth would I surf South Padre? There are no waves there, the closest to surfing you can do out there is to wake surf behind the supertankers. And when you get out of the water, you've got this oily film on your skin and a smell that doesn't leave your hair for days. I'll pass. The only surfing I do in South Texas is at the Schlitterbahn's Boogie Bahn. If I'm going to go out into open waters, I'll just go to a real spot and surf big wave, not the crap you find down there.
I don't think you have ever been to north or south padre Island. texas is a big state bro

65k is 40k more than the 25k I would be earning had I decided to stay......................jesus mother of god STOP POSTING.............no more...........just stop
you win

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post
What you did son is commit FRAUD. You lied to the government and you glee over it. Wouldn't it be a nice thing if they caught your ass, made you pay back all the money you collected illegally, got slapped with a big ole fat fine spent the next 20 years in jail? It is exactly idiots like you that give the 99% of honest unemployed people a bad name. But what the hell do you care, you went fishing right?

Flippin amazing !!!!!!!!!!
it's only fraud if you're not looking for a job friend

Old 12-09-2010, 10:58 PM

180 posts, read 391,756 times
Quote:
Get your story straight Redfish, you specifically stated you took an 8 month vacation, worked on your familys house and went fishing rather than working for a living. The LAST 2 months you looked for a job.

I'm the last person that attacks the unemployed, but the 1st to jump all over your ass when you take advantage of the system and brag about it.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 PM

580 posts, read 2,293,464 times
Some of you people seem to think if all the unemployed people decided to go out and get any job no matter how menial it is, unemployment would go down. First of all most people are overqualified and wouldn't get the job if they wanted to. Second, even if they did, it would not affect the overall unemployment rate. All that you would end up doing is displacing another worker who probably would have been more than happy to have that job, but the overall unemployment rate would remain the same. It's all about the numbers and should be very easy to see. When you have more people applying for jobs than there are jobs available, obviously not everybody is going to be employed. You people act as if employers are having a hard time finding workers. This is hardly the case, except in jobs where a specialized skill set required.

I would like to see one intelligent comment on this. This is something I've posted more than once on different threads, but not once have any of the people who are against being on unemployment, made a comment. Maybe it is because they know it is true and it goes against their thinking everybody should just get any job. So quit your bickering and tell me I'm wrong and have facts to back it up.

Last edited by frizzo100; 12-09-2010 at 11:24 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,635 times
Quote:
I don't think you have ever been to north or south padre Island. texas is a big state bro

65k is 40k more than the 25k I would be earning had I decided to stay......................jesus mother of god STOP POSTING.............no more...........just stop
you win
Yeah, whatever. You were making 55k but you'd have only made 25k if you stayed. Sure you would have. And yup you caught me, I've never been to South Texas, even though I know of a fairly obscure waterpark and the surfing ride that they have there. I guess videos of me surfing that thing aren't on Youtube, either.

Face it, you got jammed up.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As has been already stated,nowhere does it state that while on Unemployment you must be miserable...as long as you follow the rules put in place you are good...

Funny that the guy did what people demanded,he relocated....
The rules you also say that you must be looking for a job. If you are defending people follow the rules, then do so without trying to talk about of both sides of your mouth..

Its postings like yours which causes people to hate those on unemployed. You stand here and defend lazyness and incompetence while the american taxpayer pays the bill. had this been some CEO you'd be asking for jailtime....

Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Lets review your posting shall we?
Quote:
Unemployment was awesome for me. I stayed at my grandmas house rent free out in the sticks and saved every penny of my benefits while basically taking an 8 month vacation remodeling here home and going fishing almost every day. after paying off a pile of bills and saving up about 6 grand I relocated to another state and collected benefits for another 2 months while I searched for a new job.
without unemployment I would still be stuck up north making half of what I was at some temp dead end job waiting for the economy to recover but instead I'm living it up on the beach with a great new job and no debt.
Sure sounds like you admitted to fraud for 8 months...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
redfish is the type of person who makes people angry about the extension of unemployment benefits. This is a person who thinks it's okay to milk the system.

Yes, but most people are intelligent enough to understand that one person does not represent the entire population. There is fraud, waste etc in every program, government or private. Pointing to waste and claiming it's all that way is intellectually dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies