Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 04:36 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Nice article for all the parasites to pat themselves on the back. Record Profits and still they are bleeding the country dry. They are not the solution, they are the problem

I assume you are talking about Frank Raines... the crook who got paid $1.6 million in one year to destroy our financial system......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...a little hostility there....it is your life.

So if I have deciphered your posting above, working hard,and planning for some nebulous future is more important than the here and now,if working is more important than your home,family and friends that is your choice.
You will still be dead in the end.
You remind me of the miserable old people at the last place I worked(gated community) worked all their lives and now complain about everything...

Lets hope you never plan to take advantage of any gov. programs like Soc. Sec. Medicare,etc....

I imagine so,the idea of enjoying life is lost on most people here,better to work your life away so you can retire at an age when life has passed
you by,and then complain about everything...and still wind up dead...
No hostility. And yes, it's my life. As your life is all your's. And if you want to live putting fun and game first, that's fine by me. My problem becomes when you demand my money, in the form of entitlements.

And you definitely read me wrong. I never said I put family and friends behind work. Where did you get that from?

As for SS and Medicare, those are govt programs that I will take advantage of. As long as they're taking my money now, I'll be sure to take mine when the time comes.

I do feel sorry for you, though. You should try and find a job you love - then you'd feel differently about the daily grind. I spent 8 hours in my place of business. But I enjoyed every minute of it. As opposed to taking bong hits on the couch watching Say Yes to the Dress.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Because of the sister-in-law scammer you have that you have repeatedly spoken of that YOU refuse to turn in because of 'family'. You do realize that you can do it anonymously.
They will never know & perhaps you can feel a bit better knowing that you have saved the state or government some money.
I don't think you are even aware of how angry you are kiddo.
I never said it was my sister-in-law, not sure where you got that. I know how angry I am, I'm pissed, b/c I know there is nothing I can do about it. And even if I reported the person anonymously, there is really nobody else that is privy to the details I have, so they would know exactly who did the reporting and that would start an all-out war within the family. But like I said, the gov't should be filtering people out much better than they are...so no, it's not my job, and no, I'm not aiding the theft, she already knows what I think, which is that she's a scumbag for it. There is nothing else I can do aside from giving her my two cents. I don't accept anything, it frustrates the hell outta me, just like anyone else like her. I try to do what I can through voting, not by getting my hands dirty and starting a battle with people in my family. That's just stupid.

But none of this is neither here nor there so that's the last time I'll address this topic. Y'all can pick if you want, I have explained the situation and you can think what you want. I won't respond about this topic again, especially since it's freaking off topic!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzo100 View Post
A lot of the positions are being filled. Many of the positions open are being filled with people who already have jobs because it is easier for them to obtain employment other than somebody who is out of work. When they do fill the new position, it creates another open position from the job they just left. There will always be people moving from job to job. It is nothing new.

What you are asking for is impossible. There has never been a time in history (and there will never be) when every employer in the country has every position filled. But just because there are open positions out there, it doesn't mean jobs opportunities are abundant.

You people need to get your head out of the sand.
I dont need to get my head out of the sand. The reason why the jobs are being filled by other employed individuals is thats who's looking for work..

Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I never said it was my sister-in-law, not sure where you got that. I know how angry I am, I'm pissed, b/c I know there is nothing I can do about it. And even if I reported the person anonymously, there is really nobody else that is privy to the details I have, so they would know exactly who did the reporting and that would start an all-out war within the family. But like I said, the gov't should be filtering people out much better than they are...so no, it's not my job, and no, I'm not aiding the theft, she already knows what I think, which is that she's a scumbag for it. There is nothing else I can do aside from giving her my two cents. I don't accept anything, it frustrates the hell outta me, just like anyone else like her. I try to do what I can through voting, not by getting my hands dirty and starting a battle with people in my family. That's just stupid.

But none of this is neither here nor there so that's the last time I'll address this topic. Y'all can pick if you want, I have explained the situation and you can think what you want. I won't respond about this topic again, especially since it's freaking off topic!
But post #501 is on topic ..... Scary though

Old 12-10-2010, 05:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Using that logic,there would also be absolutely NO jobs for the other four....
And if there are only 4 unemployed instead of the 5, thats about $20B saved from the national debt, and how many hundreds of billions added to the GDP which creates more jobs thereby decreasing the need for another year of unemployment saving the $100B+ in the current proposal?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-10-2010 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
(bolding mine)

After that you post,
Originally Posted by andrea3821
Yeah, right. I already explained myself and will not discuss it with you again. That is the GOVERNMENT'S JOB.""

There ya go wanting bigger government... YOU want the government to do something for YOU but object to it doing something for anyone else.

You want OTHERS to "step up to the plate" but not you.
You have some twisted logic.

I want the gov't to do its job, nothing more, nothing less. If they were doing their job, they would be able to spot fraud and weed these people out before they even get started. That is not the gov't doing something for ME, it would be to save the taxpayers some money and cut down on the red tape involved in processing all these fraudulent claims, week after week, month after month.

If it was up to me, we'd do away with all entitlement programs, so yes, I absolutely want smaller gov't.

And yes, I do want people to step up and take care of themselves, that is not my job. I take care of my own self, thanks. If other people want a nice life, it's up to them, not me.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

LOL..... you mean all somebody had to do to get you to NOT respond was call ya on the hypocrisy of KNOWING someone who is scamming the system but NOT doing anything to rectify the situation because it would EFFECT YOU personally, & then calling everybody else names & telling them there ARE jobs available. Sheesh....LOL

Old 12-10-2010, 06:01 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...fire-cure.html

Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

LOL..... you mean all somebody had to do to get you to NOT respond was call ya on the hypocrisy of KNOWING someone who is scamming the system but NOT doing anything to rectify the situation because it would EFFECT YOU personally, & then calling everybody else names & telling them there ARE jobs available. Sheesh....LOL
One has nothing to do with the other.

And, I was at work, which is why I wasn't responding.

Again, off topic. Please. Find something better to do than pick and take things out of context and spin them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies