Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Because of the sister-in-law scammer you have that you have repeatedly spoken of that YOU refuse to turn in because of 'family'. You do realize that you can do it anonymously.
They will never know & perhaps you can feel a bit better knowing that you have saved the state or government some money.
I don't think you are even aware of how angry you are kiddo.
She said it is not her job to turn her in...it is her job I guess to jst whine about people scamming the system....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
She said it is not her job to turn her in...it is her job I guess to jst whine about people scamming the system....

Your right of course & that is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Knowing that someone is stealing from the tax payers & NOT doing anything for personal reasons, is aiding the theft.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Would there be ANY jobs if there were no rich people?

If we all made the same amount of money, what type of work would we do?
YES there would be jobs if there were no rich people...start up businesses create jobs( most of those people aren't rich)...and it has been PROVEN by the unemployment numbers , the RICH obviously, despite their HUGE TAX break from Bush , DID NOT CREATE JOBS!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
34470, FL Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

Also, are there not Wal-Mart's, Target's, grocery stores, etc? I know it may suck, but people that really want jobs APPLY EVERYWHERE.
Yes.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Yeah, right. I already explained myself and will not discuss it with you again. That is the GOVERNMENT'S JOB.
In one of your posts you said people should, "step up to the plate"....I guess you didn't mean YOU specifically but OTHERS should do it. YOU don't want to "step up to the plate" and turn in your relative...that's dishonest.

Oh BTW, WE, you, me, all Americans , ARE THE GOVERNMENT!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 PM

580 posts, read 2,292,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I took a look at the jobs in the area where the OP lives. Now I don't know what he is qualified for, but one website (which doesn't show all those stupid work at home type job listings) showed 3,849 legitimate jobs openings in the St. Louis Metro area.

Saint Louis Jobs, Jobs In Saint Louis, MO | Hound.com
Yes there are 3849 job ads, not necessarily Openings. Also, if you look there are only 881 posted within the last 15 days and only 472 posted within the last week. This means most of these postings are stale and a lot of them are likely re-post. I've seen ads for jobs up for for as long as 2 months after a job was filled. Also, I noticed after trying to navigate on a few pages of the site you listed, it is a pay site. Like I'm going to trust what this site has to say. Why on earth would an employer who is trying to get a job filled want to have potential job seekers go through a pay site? I did a quick search in Indeed.com and they had 1172 listed in the last month. And keep in mind this is a site that will list every job out there, real or unreal.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:33 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
Default Fake Jobs on the job boards

I wanted to point something out that has become apparent by some of the posts in this thread. Job boards such as Careerbuilder, Monster, Indeed etc. have become "Scam boards". I doubt the employed who haven't had to look for work in the last several years are aware of how prevalent this has become, they have even invaded local newspaper online classifieds. The lists and links to all these jobs for the most part aren't "REAL JOBS".

The scams fall into several catagories:
1. The "Work from home send me all your money via western union" these scammers have gotten smarter, they now list these jobs with legitimate job titles and descriptions that take you to a fake website trying to get your personal info and send them all your money, they are listed on these job boards but are NOT REAL JOBS
2. The legitimate Temp agencies like Kelly and Randstadt now list jobs in order to data mine and collect for resume pools so even many of their job listings on job boards are NOT REAL JOBS
3. The fake Temp agencies who've got websites actually lift job titles and descriptions from legitimate web sites trying to get you to fill out apps for non-existant jobs want you to provide personal info to steal your identity, these listings on job boards are NOT REAL JOBS
4.Legitimate Corporation HR departments listing jobs only to be data mining for resume pools and the listings on job boards are NOT REAL JOBS
5.Old job listings from months or years ago turn up on the job boards as "new listings", these listings on job boards are NOT REAL JOBS
6. Blind adds for positions citing hourly rates well above the local going rate these listings on the job boards are NOT REAL JOBS

There are plenty more scams but these seem to be the main ones at the moment.

It takes me from 5-7 hours each day to wade through all of them, make phone calls to verify it's a REAL JOB most times it's not. This week there was only one job for me to apply to after looking at 100's of fake listings, most weeks if I'm lucky I might find 3-5 legit jobs. I'm not saying that some of the jobs listed aren't legitimate but the majority of what I find in my area of the country are not.

Apparently, according to my friends in the professions it is invading their professional job boards too, nurses, engineers and IT are also getting hit with these bogus scam listings.

So if you take a cursory glance at job board listing 100's if not thousands of jobs most are NOT REAL JOBS, so basing your info on what you find is not correct and the only way to determine how many REAL JOBS there are is to investigate each one.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:33 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lets see, Ocala to St Louis is 898 miles one way, do you think I could write the milage off?
I think you could relocate.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
1) So this thread has turned into "there are no jobs where I'm at". Ever heard of relocating? Oh wait, you shouldn't have to move to find work, right? Even though historically, that's what people have done. It's better to just sit in your rear end because the government will keep paying your way. If these extensions didn't keep happening, you'd see a lot more U-Haul's on the road, I think and

2) People claiming you have to apply for 3 jobs a week. Absolutely, but many people (including some I know) "apply" for jobs they aren't qualified for. There's a guy on my Facebook page (not a personal friend, just someone that's on there for a game I play) who has a degree in industrial engineering that "applies" for accounting jobs and computer programmer jobs, etc. even though he flat-out states he has no experience or even knowledge about those fields. He does it because he knows nobody will ever call him back for a job. Sorry, but that's abusing the system, whether you want to admit it or not. Lastly

3) Yes, the rules of unemployment say you don't have to take a bad job...at first. You have to accept anything that pays as little as 75% of your previous job in the first 3 months, and after 3 months you have to be willing to take something that pays as little as 50% of what you were previously making. Obviously there are a ton of people who aren't following the rules, including that guy who claims he's sitting on a beach in Texas.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM

580 posts, read 2,292,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh, that's so nice of you to wish ill on others. Maybe you should spend your time more productively and actually look for work instead of spending your time on the internet hoping for a shot of schadenfreude.

Anyone who can't find a job is being too picky. There is ALWAYS work to be had if you really want to work. I've switched jobs twice in the last three years, because there is absolutely opportunity out there, and I traded up. I've never been out of work more than a couple weeks in the entire span of my working life, which is now approaching something like 35 years in the job market. Why? Because when I need to find a job, I GO FIND ONE instead of just sitting at home in my underwear and firing off the requisite three resumes a week that unemployment requires.

Ok, let's say I'm too picky. Do you really think if people like me would just accept any job it would really make a difference? I have a post I wrote earlier (down below), and I'm still waiting for an intelligent comment on it telling me I'm wrong. I expect I will not see one because there is no way to argue the point I'm trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzo100 View Post
Some of you people seem to think if all the unemployed people decided to go out and get any job no matter how menial it is, unemployment would go down. First of all most people are overqualified and wouldn't get the job if they wanted to. Second, even if they did, it would not affect the overall unemployment rate. All that you would end up doing is displacing another worker who probably would have been more than happy to have that job, but the overall unemployment rate would remain the same. It's all about the numbers and should be very easy to see. When you have more people applying for jobs than there are jobs available, obviously not everybody is going to be employed. You people act as if employers are having a hard time finding workers. This is hardly the case, except in jobs where a specialized skill set required.

I would like to see one intelligent comment on this. This is something I've posted more than once on different threads, but not once have any of the people who are against being on unemployment, made a comment. Maybe it is because they know it is true and it goes against their thinking everybody should just get any job. So quit your bickering and tell me I'm wrong and have facts to back it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies