Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,128,425 times

Advertisements

Or would you forgive? Or would you not forgive but still want to spare their life and make them go to jail instead?

I've always been a total believer in forgiveness, I hate violence of all kinds, whether it's "justified" or not. Though I haven't had anyone close to me murdered, thank God, so I can't say for sure if I would forgive them. I hope I would though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Revenge is none mine to take. The death penality is the same as murder to me.

I would rather someone be stuck sitting in a cell for the rest of their natural life then to get an easy out

As far as forgiving it would be hard

Old 12-12-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Revenge is none mine to take. The death penality is the same as murder to me.

I would rather someone be stuck sitting in a cell for the rest of their natural life then to get an easy out
what if they were tortured for a year, THEN put to death? that would be more suffering than life in prison right? (btw, just playing devil's advocate)

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
It would depend on the circumstances but if it was pure intentional murder I would demand the death penality and ask to pull the trigger.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 8,439 times
I believe and eye for an eye,providing there is no doubt that the person is actually guilty of the crime. The cost for us to house and inmate is outrageous as well as the court cost that the tax payers foot the bill for to defend them. If we start punishing the crimes accordingly,maybe the nations crime rates would fall.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
I didnt know you could kill someone twice. but if you can then yes

Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloswan22 View Post
I believe and eye for an eye,providing there is no doubt that the person is actually guilty of the crime. The cost for us to house and inmate is outrageous as well as the court cost that the tax payers foot the bill for to defend them. If we start punishing the crimes accordingly,maybe the nations crime rates would fall.
Then why aren't Texas and Russia the safest places in the world?

Old 12-12-2010, 01:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
Then why aren't Texas and Russia the safest places in the world?
well texas has all spill over from the mexican drug cartel wars and well russia I have no idea

Old 12-12-2010, 01:55 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
If someone murdered my wife or member of my family, I would ask to pull the switch. And for soem reason they get out of prison, then I would pull the trigger.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times
No forgiveness....ever. Accepting that there is truly evil in the world,yes. I could drive myself to death/crazy from asking "why". There is indeed evil. My father's birthday would have been yesterday. He was found shot in the head in his driveway shortly after recovering from a stroke that should have killed him. I believe it was due to my turning my ex into the cops and therefore he lost several millions of $. I thought it might happen but then again....not.

As for the people saying jail is punishment enough? My daughter talks to her father all the time on corrlinks.com While you are without your loved one, the criminals are having email time, movie time, weekly visits, getting married, having conjugal visits ALL at the taxpayers dime. If you personally haven't been affected by violent crime, you don't have a clue.

And no, my dad's death was not my first exposure to this....I was married to that habitual criminal for a long time. Fear can keep one from opening the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies