Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What is a 57 yr old man doing with a 17 yr old girl? How many legal years of her life will it take for inexperience to figure it out?
The answer to both questions is, "Who knows?" What's the answer to my question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
What is a 57 yr old man doing with a 17 yr old girl? How many legal years of her life will it take for inexperience to figure it out?
What was SHE doing with HIM and what makes you think she is inexperienced? Maybe she was using him for something, or getting something out of it...it's been known to happen. While it might seem icky to me I take no joy in knowing what happened to this man (those of you who do....stay away from me please) when he was was breaking no laws.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,080 times
The story says his testicles were cut off, I wonder if he still has his Johnson. There is some irony, the girls father is named Helmut. Hhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah. Man, I hope the object he used to remove them was sharp.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,640,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
This is not an adult woman. This is a 17 year old GIRL. Who had been dating that guy for a while. I don't care what "age of consent" is in Germany. Age of consent in Tennessee is 14, but if any one of you (if you're over 18) slept with the wrong 15 year old in that state, you'd be charged with stat. rape, as you should be.
Well you should.

That's that law of the land there, just as the U.S. has certain laws, Brazil has certain laws, etc. Just disregarding what the law is over there by saying you "don't care" and supporting an attack on this man who committed no crimes under German law is ignorance redefined.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Why is that your or anyone's business other than the two involved? It's not illegal.

Since when is violent castration an acceptable response to a legal consensual sexual relationship? Because she is a young woman so she must be innocent?

I haven't been out of the school environment long enough to forget how "innocent" some of the girls were. The age difference is no one's business. This man's crime is.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Take the perpetrator out and shoot him.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well you should.

That's that law of the land there, just as the U.S. has certain laws, Brazil has certain laws, etc. Just disregarding what the law is over there by saying you "don't care" and supporting an attack on this man who committed no crimes under German law is ignorance redefined.
"Law" and "Justice" are two terms which should be closely associated. Unfortunately, they are in reality often separated by immeasurable gaps.

In this case, perhaps the "law" was broken, but "justice" was certainly metered out in a manner that any reasonable father could agree with. The 57 y.o. will not be chasing any more PYTs, but should instead perhaps take up a role in the local choir, singing soprano of course! He got what he clearly deserved and my sympathy lies with the father who's protection of his daughter may cost him dearly.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:44 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What was SHE doing with HIM and what makes you think she is inexperienced? Maybe she was using him for something, or getting something out of it...it's been known to happen. While it might seem icky to me I take no joy in knowing what happened to this man (those of you who do....stay away from me please) when he was was breaking no laws.
ceece do you really believe this girl is right in the head? Be honest. See all sides of this story. I'm not condoning citizens taking the law into their own hands wrongfully.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
"Law" and "Justice" are two terms which should be closely associated. Unfortunately, they are in reality often separated by immeasurable gaps.

In this case, perhaps the "law" was broken, but "justice" was certainly metered out in a manner that any reasonable father could agree with. The 57 y.o. will not be chasing any more PYTs, but should instead perhaps take up a role in the local choir, singing soprano of course! He got what he clearly deserved and my sympathy lies with the father who's protection of his daughter may cost him dearly.
I don't really see the injustice committed by this older man in this case. The girl was of legal consenting age and presumably...consented. Even if one finds it morally unsavory because of an age difference, I would argue that a violent attack upon another man unprovoked is a far worse offense.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Why is that your or anyone's business other than the two involved? It's not illegal.

Since when is violent castration an acceptable response to a legal consensual sexual relationship? Because she is a young woman so she must be innocent?

I haven't been out of the school environment long enough to forget how "innocent" some of the girls were. The age difference is no one's business. This man's crime is.
Your logic leads me to think pedophile priests will only need to pay mind to the county line. Preying on minors is evil. Adults have no business being in sexual relationships with minors. The laws of consent are philosophically geared towards teens being with one another. The law is running contrary to families, the law needs review.

You want me to convict this man? Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. At best I'd sentence him to a week the same way I would mamma bear tearing the guys head off for messing with her kids. Don't mess with kids if you don't want problems. The law won't be taken into peoples hands if the law defended families. Clearly it is not. The law needs to step up if common decency can't. Sorry. Your 'right' to seduce adolescents, or their 'right' to seduce adults, needs a social & legal kick in the behind.

AND I agree that girls these days are not behaving responsibly. What parent in their right mind lets these girls walk the street the way they do? Boys with their drawers hanging out acting like thugs. What's this crap beyonce they're listening to? Why all this hypersexualization of children? It's sick. Sex in the mind of pop culture is a recreational sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies