Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 01:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Nothing says Christmas quite like this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfSb6J4jhcU

Lighten up, laugh, this supposed to be a season of peace and joy, no matter if you're Druid or Christian, or anything in between.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
And therein lies the rub! What these people don't realise is that by choosing only to shop in places that most overtly display their Christianity, what they are doing is essentially encouraging retail stores to make vapid and ill-intentioned displays just to attract paying customers. They are voluntarily participating in the devaluation of their own religion for the benefit of the profiteer.
Yes and if only we use the word Christmas all year round, tattoo it on our arms, superimpose it on garbage cans, engrave it in the paint job of our cars, Christmas will be preserved as a lexicon void of all meaning the same exact way Christianity has managed when self identified Christians are willfully incapable of loving thy neighbor. They use holy books as brick bats beating down others servicing their own ignorance. They notoriously have the least control of themselves and believe controlling others will improve the situation.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:21 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Nothing says Christmas quite like this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfSb6J4jhcU

Lighten up, laugh, this supposed to be a season of peace and joy, no matter if you're Druid or Christian, or anything in between.
I agree.

And, I love some of the new versions of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I agree.

And, I love some of the new versions of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!
I heard a new version of Little Drummer Boy the other day, it was great, jazz/blues, but I forgot to write down who it was.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
No huge surprise. That place is always full of 'enlightened' hippies.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Welcome to 2010. Christian holidays, with the exception of Christmas and Easter, are not holidays. I'm Christian and I don't even consider those other days to be holidays. "Holiday" implies time off from work, something special going on, seeing family, celebrations, etc. Perhaps some people choose to take Holy Week off from work, but not that I've ever seen. Besides which, that week is a week of sorrow and reflection, not joyous vacationing and celebration (the celebrating comes on Easter when we can say "Hallelujah!" again). Holy Week is something personal between you and the Lord, it is not a "holiday" in the modern sense of the word.
Welcome to 2010? sophiasmommy wants to go back to 1910!

With the mod's forbearance, I'm going to post a link about Easter traditions from a Christian website, since there was some concern about the last link's neutrality.

What is the origin of Easter? - ChristianAnswers.Net

The name “Easter” has its roots in ancient polytheistic religions (paganism). On this, all scholars agree. . . . The Easter egg is a symbol of the pagan Mother Goddess, and it even bears one of her names.

Plus much more!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I have a group of 5 people with me and we have read, aloud, the OP and some select follow-up posts and I just want to tell you guys that we have never laughed so hard.

And my question from waaaaaaaaaay back never got answered:

Does the market down the street (or business of your choice) have to pipe in christmas music over the PA system and have "merry christmas" signs and symbols out to keep christians happy during the month of December? That is my question.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have a group of 5 people with me and we have read, aloud, the OP and some select follow-up posts and I just want to tell you guys that we have never laughed so hard.

And my question from waaaaaaaaaay back never got answered:

Does the market down the street (or business of your choice) have to pipe in christmas music over the PA system and have "merry christmas" signs and symbols out to keep christians happy during the month of December? That is my question.
Here's the answer:
God isn't in their hearts...he's hiding out at Trader Joe's ..... and he won't appear until there's enough cheapass plastic decorations hung from the rafters....

Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
That site is completely biased and plays right into a bunch of conspiracy theories, such as NWO. Try again.
The letter describes conspiracy theorists and debunks them. There is no mention of NWO. You've failed to prove bias but use it as a card to hide from facts.

Quote:
This is yet another instance of libbies wanting to cater to the minority.
Who should leave? The rest of the customers or the one having a conniption fit? The liberals aren't asking you to leave. The business owner is.

Catering to the minority? You mean like how 90% of this country caters to 10% in regards to finance or economic empowerment? You mean like how the clear & consistent majority of women get paid less & are forced to function in a system designed for the welfare & benefit of minority males? Who did that?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-18-2010 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Deleted personal comment.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:16 PM

I'm in my kitchen cooking, and listening to Christmas music, this song just came on the satellite radio, so I looked it up.
Happy Holiday (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They were PC in the 40's????
I hardly think so, and this shoots down the nonsense spouted by some here that
"Happy Holidays" is something new, PC, and liberal.
What twaddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies