Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's easy. The left is once again running low on oppressed victims of white male greed and blind foaming-at-the-mouth racist/sexist hate. Bull Connor and his dogs are long gone and selling blacks, Latinos and females as victims of white male racism/sexism gets more and more difficult as blacks, Latinos and females who make good decisions prosper and blacks, Latinos and females who make poor decisions suffer the inevitable consequences. Further complicating the liberal program is the fact that everyone with the intellectual capacity of a tree squirrel can see that the downfall of those who make poor decisions is directly attributable to the poor decision making already mentioned.

So what's a condescending liberal do-gooder to do so as to remain relevant in an age of growing minority achievement and female self-reliance?

Also easy. He and/or she must simply incorporate new victims into the race and gender baiting political slop that has long filled the liberal trough. Enter the truly odd bedfellows of gays and Muslims to the irrational and self-contradictory liberal arena. Just like a retarded dog feverishly humping your leg, to a liberal, energetically promoting an intrusive gay agenda while passionately defending the Muslims who would like to kill the gays doesn't have to make sense; it just has to feel good. They, unlike others, care about the down-trodden. Let those others judge their actions as perversely self-gratifying, revolting, unnatural and embarrassing for all involved. Liberals know they have been brought to this time and place to warmly embrace self-delusion and fully surrender to the passions that drive them to conclude they are superior to others. For liberals, there is no rational reason to fight this self-aggrandizing feeling,...not when it just feels so right.
Does this look like a "word salad" to anyone else... or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Relationship advice is not predicated on the gender or sexual orientation. What I've taught my sons (I'm a heterosexual female) is that if you want your partner or spouse to respect you, you have to respect them. That advice would be just as valuable coming from any 'parental figure', wouldn't it?

What a load!

You should also teach your sons to get used to buying women a lot of drinks then leaving the bar alone.

Women respect men who respect themselves and use men who respect them.

Another fine example of why children need two strait parents.
???

Definitions of strait:
  • a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
  • pass: a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs
  • narrow; "strait is the gate"

Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
???

Definitions of strait:
  • a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
  • pass: a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs
  • narrow; "strait is the gate"
Well, I guess "narrow" would be a good definition of some people here...

Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Not all liberals are for same-sex marriage just as not all conservatives are against it, but a great many of the people who are for them are from the liberal side of the spectrum. This seems strange because many (not all) of these same people are pro-evolution. If evolution is the THING (for them), then sex is mainly for procreation. Since attraction and sexual intercourse members of the same sex is NOT biologically producitive, why would so many people who are pro science be for something that is not biologically logical?
Apples and Oranges. Besides, the best argument in favor of same sex marriage that i've ever heard comes from a Conservative....Ted Olson.

The Conservative Case For Gay Marriage - Newsweek

Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
I have a good relationship with my parents, who are hetero and have been married for 35+ years, and I never went to either of them for advice about a relationship.

Your arguments are pretty weak, honestly. Will it be a challenge? Sure. Neither of my parents went to college, either, so I couldn't get help from them on my 200 level Calc course, yet I still managed. Amazing, isn't it?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Well, you aren't a good example, are you?

What about the kids who do have a good relationship with their parents? Might they turn to them for advice? Obviously they could. Can the parents help? Well, the parents at least have experience with heterosexual romantic relationships, right? They might be able to help.

What about kids who have have a good relationship with their homosexual parents? Might they turn to THEM for advice? Sure. But how helpful will the homosexual parents be in answering the specific issue of gender differences?

And it doesn't just have to do with advice. Heterosexual parents who are obviously very different because of their gender getting along well and clearly being in love with each other gives the children an example and at least something to look forward to. At least the boy can say, "I want to treat my wife the way my Dad treats my Mom." The best a boy who is raised by homosexual parents can say is "I want to treat my wife with the same kind of love and respect my parents have for each other." It doesn't address gender differences.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
For the life of me, I have no idea why these backwards conservatives can't just be content with letting gay people have a legal union, same as they do.

It's not going to hurt you.
It's not going to cause chaos and crime on the streets.
It's not going to turn your kids gay.
It's not going to lead to the downfall of mankind.

It's always these same old tired arguments...
We can't let women vote, because that would be different and that would be bad.
We can't let blacks use our bathrooms, because that would be different and that would be bad.
We can't let more foreigners legally come here, because that would be different and that would be bad.
We can't let women be part of the military, because that would be different and that would be bad.

On and on and on with the fearmongering... Why the hell do you people care so much about limiting others? Just let them have their union and go about their lives while you stick to your own. It makes no difference. They are not a threat to you.

It's the 21st century by now. Why do some people still have to be dragged kicking and screaming into civilized society?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times
I'm thinking it doesn't have to do with pro-evolution... Pretty sure it's because we feel as if everyone should be treated as equals - which means the right to get married to anyone they choose and see fit for themselves.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Apples and Oranges. Besides, the best argument in favor of same sex marriage that i've ever heard comes from a Conservative....Ted Olson.

The Conservative Case For Gay Marriage - Newsweek
Agreed. REAL conservatives who are for less government intrusion in all aspects of our lives would not champion Prop 8 or other anti-gay-marriage legislation. The ones who do are either ignorant bible thumpers who give the rest of us a bad name or those who are trying to appease them.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Not all liberals are for same-sex marriage just as not all conservatives are against it, but a great many of the people who are for them are from the liberal side of the spectrum. This seems strange because many (not all) of these same people are pro-evolution. If evolution is the THING (for them), then sex is mainly for procreation. Since attraction and sexual intercourse members of the same sex is NOT biologically producitive, why would so many people who are pro science be for something that is not biologically logical?
Because gays deserve to enjoy the same rights the rest of the their fellow citizens enjoy, period.
Casper

Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
First of all, learn how to spell "straight" if you're going to argue the issue... a "strait" is a piece of sea water, for goodness sakes. Second of all, as a straight woman myself, I do not use men who only respect themselves. I love a man who has respect for women, and believe chivalry goes a long way. Arrogance is a major turnoff to me & most other women, with the exception of those who have low self-esteem. So who taught YOU such a load of BS?

My mother raised my brother mostly on her own, along with the help of me and my sister, since our father traveled 4-7 days/week - and they divorced when he was 15. Guess what? He's always been extremely popular with the ladies, and has a long-term (5 years) gorgeous girlfriend right now... one time I remember her thanking me specifically, for being a part of raising such a kind and thoughtful gentleman. And while my father is a generally good man, I can say 100% he had little to do with instilling these qualities.

Face it, gays and lesbians are raising children, and have been for a long long time now. There is NO evidence to suggest they can't raise a healthy child, in fact studies to the contrary have been posted on this very thread. So for everyone who has an issue with it, all I can say is "get over your own issues" because that's all they are - YOUR issues.

Yep, and gay means happy. I screwed that one up too. It's my slang for heterosexual, and I'll use what I like for it.

7. strict, as in requirements or principles.

Strait | Define Strait at Dictionary.com

And I never said women would admit to it. I just said that is the way the world is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies