Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I find it humorous that you say that I seem to know more than the CBO, while the figures I use come STRAIGHT FROM THE CBO.. remember this link bob?

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...0-Premiums.pdf

Average premiums would go from $13,100 per family to $15,200, a $2100 increase.
Average premiums would go $5,500 to $5,800 for individuals, a $300 increase.

Average premiums per policy in the nongroup market in 2016 would be roughly $5,800 for single policies and $15,200 for family policies under the proposal, compared with roughly $5,500 for single policies and $13,100 for family policies under current law. The weighted average of the differences in those amounts equals the change of 10 percent to 13 percent in the average premium per person summarized above, but the percentage increase in the average premium per policy for family policies is larger and that for single policies is smaller because the average number of people covered per family policy is estimated to increase under the proposal

One second you want to support the accuracy of the CBO, but what will you say now that they say you are wrong? Do you have another phantom CBO link to dispute the CBO's own reports?

Have you learned nothing from our last go around where you claimed I was "lying" about what the CBO said while you linked to the very same report I quoted? //www.city-data.com/forum/16992538-post130.html
You link to the Analysis of premiums, and nobody, except perhaps you, said premiums would go down. But you continue to ignore that fact. The Analysis of the HC Law shows 10yr $140bil deficit reduction. How much of that is realized, I certainly don't know or would I speculate that the CBO is wrong.

Director's Blog » Blog Archive » Discretionary Spending in the Final Health Care Legislation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 PM

313 posts, read 597,051 times
When the CBO head writes Congress saying "we scored it this way, but we don't see how you can do what you said you're going to" you can bet that a politician is playing tricks with the budget (and that's ignoring the cuts they know they won't make, but at least could theoretically make and promised to make)

Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
From the Washington Post article:He was "floored?" Really? How much does he think health care costs, and who did he think was going to pay for it?
Not only is it unaffordable, but if you don't buy it the IRS will fine you $5,000. So $8400 for insurance or a 5k fine for no insurance.

California already had this option available in a pool for years.
My wife who is young got into this pool offered through CA 5 years ago.
Two years ago her monthly premiums were $365 and now with Obama care coming the insurance company raised it to $700 a month. She WISHES it was only $600 a month.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You link to the Analysis of premiums, and nobody, except perhaps you, said premiums would go down. But you continue to ignore that fact.
No one said the cost of premiums would go down? Surely I'm giving you a chance to adjust your statement because I almost cant stop laughing!!!
Quote:
The Analysis of the HC Law shows 10yr $140bil deficit reduction. How much of that is realized, I certainly don't know or would I speculate that the CBO is wrong.

Director's Blog » Blog Archive » Discretionary Spending in the Final Health Care Legislation
The CBO said there would be a $140B deficit reduction ONLY if you ignore the other parts of the bills passed seperately such as the doctor fix which INCREASED the deficit.. Again, are you sure you dont want time to go through your posting and fix it so I can stop laughing..?

This is where I lose respect for those who have opposing views. First, by your own admission you took the CBO as valid, and when I posted links to quotes from the CBO, you turn into "well we'll just have to wait and see"...

Last edited by pghquest; 12-28-2010 at 04:32 PM..

Old 12-28-2010, 04:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
When the CBO head writes Congress saying "we scored it this way, but we don't see how you can do what you said you're going to" you can bet that a politician is playing tricks with the budget (and that's ignoring the cuts they know they won't make, but at least could theoretically make and promised to make)
Communist always have to lie as they offer you the treasury for power.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one said the cost of premiums would go down? Surely I'm giving you a chance to adjust your statement because I almost cant stop laughing!!!

The CBO said there would be a $140B deficit reduction ONLY if you ignore the other parts of the bills passed seperately such as the doctor fix which INCREASED the deficit.. Again, are you sure you dont want time to go through your posting and fix it so I can stop laughing..?
You lost this argument last time in a thread that was actually about the HC Law. Incidentally, the Doc Fix is still not fixed, and when it is fixed, hopefully they can find a way to do it without increasing the deficit.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Perhaps a better question:

If you know the answer to this question perhaps you cease asking the one that has been posted over and over again.

Why do conservatives who believe in the importance of state's rights vote for Republicans? After all the Democratic Party was founded in opposition to Alexander Hamilton's push for a stronger federal government, voted emass for the right of southern states to secede from the union over those "rights", and fought against the usurpation of states rights in the 1960's. I would think that instead of being in the party of Wall St and big government you would all be members of the Democratic Party!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
You lost this argument last time in a thread that was actually about the HC Law. Incidentally, the Doc Fix is still not fixed, and when it is fixed, hopefully they can find a way to do it without increasing the deficit.
Ahh no I didnt.. I gave you video clips of Obama saying costs would go down, 3,000% if I recall.. And the Doc Fix will NEVER be "fixed" it gets renewed YEARLY.. adding far more to the deficit than the "savings" created.. Its why the doc fix was removed from the bill and put through on its own..

Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
You link to the Analysis of premiums, and nobody, except perhaps you, said premiums would go down. But you continue to ignore that fact. The Analysis of the HC Law shows 10yr $140bil deficit reduction. How much of that is realized, I certainly don't know or would I speculate that the CBO is wrong.

Surely you must know how the democrats gamed the scoring for the CBO? The Doc fix was not in there - $300+ Billion. The CBO was not allowed to make assumptions regarding the "cuts" the democrats had proposed. The CBO did indeed declare the democrats were double counting "savings" from Medicare that would then pay for a big portion of the entitlement.

I think obama said premiums would decrease. He also said the cost curve would be bent downward, another LIE. He also claimed if you liked your plan/doctor, you could keep it/him - another LIE.

The list of LIES and trickery engaged in by obama and the dems is long..and they certainly paid for it Nov 2.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Of course you would think that. It's because you ignore/deny the facts presented, the data that has come out on obamacare, telling us exactly what we predicted would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies