Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

I would never force abortion but I have no qualms about providing all the BC or sterilizations anyone wants, or removing children from homes and placing them elsewhere if they can't be raised without additional government handouts and the home the parents are not able to care for them. We loose way too many kids by playing the "foster care" game with unfit parents who will never be fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't think that would change much. Poor people aren't paying income taxes, so the child deduction doesn't matter.

And gays coming out ????? Hmmmm.... seems like they shouldn't be breeding either way if they are really gay.

However, it is interesting to note how our entire financial system is geared toward encouraging people to have babies. There are tax reductions at every level. Parents of school children pay only a fraction of the actual costs.

If parents had to pay the entire freight for their kids, very few could afford them.
And it's working. In some states like Arizona, a third of the children born are born into poverty - aka welfare programs. Poverty is growing fast.

I'm not especially pro-birth control either - but I'm against the government encouraging people to have children they can never support.

If it's not wrong for a working couple to have to sit down and decide they cannot afford any more children, it's not wrong for a welfare woman also to do the same. She can't decide she can't afford them as long as the government keeps paying for them all and upping her food stamp card amount and WIC with every child she produces.

It's tough also for many working families to conclude they can't continue having more children, and working people don't go to the boss and expect a raise because another baby is on the way. Working people come up on limits.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I recently read that there is a childhood poverty epedemic with 1 out of 5 U.S children living in poverty. Now I realize the economy has been bad for quite some time. I'm sure there are a great number of parents who were doing fine when their children were born and have since fallen on hard times. I feel compassion for them.

However I feel contempt towards parent(s) who are dirt poor, still decide to bring children into this world, and then go on every welfare program from A to Z. These parents are not victims. They are not only responsible for their personal situation they are also to blame for our nations exploding deficit disaster.

I just wish we would address this problem with solutions such as cutting off welfare, forced adoption, forced sterilization etc.

If you can't feed do not breed.
Most of these leaches you speak of never had a responsible bone in their body to begin with. I'd be willing to say these parasites know they benefit from spitting out kids like a rabbits because Uncle Sam pays for them, like a breeders fee!
"You keep having those kids and we'll pay you then pay to have them raised by everyone else".
If we quit rewarding these leaches for having babies and they'll stop having them.

If they want to act like animals by living an irresponsible lifestyle then treat them like animals and have them spayed and neutered!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
For the "christians" in here from the Boss:
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'"
-Matthew 25:41-45
"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished."
-Proverbs 17:5

Old 12-28-2010, 02:46 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'"
"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished."
I'm NOT religious but agree these quotes are of compassion and logic. However, the 'christians' here will find scripture that will ultimately counter compassion and logic in some way. The very thing that makes religion the hypocritical mess it is. The very reason religion has NO place anywhere in my life.

No offense please, to my to my religious friends here on CD. Many of you seem to have much compassion and goodness in your hearts.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:49 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Most of these leaches you speak of never had a responsible bone in their body to begin with. I'd be willing to say these parasites know they benefit from spitting out kids like a rabbits because Uncle Sam pays for them, like a breeders fee!
"You keep having those kids and we'll pay you then pay to have them raised by everyone else".
If we quit rewarding these leaches for having babies and they'll stop having them.

If they want to act like animals by living an irresponsible lifestyle then treat them like animals and have them spayed and neutered!
but, but, if there were no poor who would you have to vent all of that anger on?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Get real. That stuff isn't allowed in schools today, and what happened to Darwinism? Evolution? Survival of the fittest and all that?

The government certainly does not promote religion - and as we all know it should not. Charity isn't about government at all.

Keep your religion out of the government. Right?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
I'm NOT religious but agree these quotes are of compassion and logic. However, the 'christians' here will find scripture that will ultimately counter compassion and logic in some way. The very thing that makes religion the hypocritical mess it is. The very reason religion has NO place anywhere in my life.

No offense please, to my to my religious friends here on CD. Many of you seem to have much compassion and goodness in your hearts.
I agree....I am not religious at all but agree with Jesus on quite a number of things.

SOME here have forgeotten the holiday they just celebrated....the one where a mother was so poor she had to have her baby in a stable.....

she really shouldn't have had him at all....she should've been spayed, as one poster suggested......

Old 12-28-2010, 02:57 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Keep in mind that many of these children living in poverty are born to teen mothers. This is why I think any anti poverty program should be aimed at reducing teen pregnancy. This will require some sort of comprehensive sex education. No one is going to advocate sterilizing teen girls.

As Teen Pregnancy Dropped, So Did Child Poverty (washingtonpost.com)

That is correct. We must bring "Sex Education" back into our schools, as well our homes.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I agree....I am not religious at all but agree with Jesus on quite a number of things.

SOME here have forgeotten the holiday they just celebrated....the one where a mother was so poor she had to have her baby in a stable.....

she really shouldn't have had him at all....she should've been spayed, as one poster suggested......
WRONG!!!! That woman was never on welfare, she was married to a carpenter who supported the family. They didn't live in a stable, the stable only had to do with hotels and motels being filled up. In fact they were looking for a motel to stay in - there just weren't any vacant rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies