Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times

Advertisements

Why isn't "Ask for a free sample" one of the options?!

Stupid bogus poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Mind your own business (MYOB) is my rule.

I think these drugs should be legalized, quality controlled and sold in state owned stores as we do with hard booze in New Hampshire. That keeps prices down and provides a revenue source for State government.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

The solution to that problem is not to cater (through public means) to those who cry about their situations. People are free to help those of such if they feel it worthy, but aside from that it is not the responsibility of the public to "take care" of those who make those choices. Those who do make those choices and infringe on others through various means, we throw the book at them so hard that their head spins.

Of course, my solution means we also do not cater to them in the penal system. That is, you go out and steal, harm, etc... you get thrown into jail (for however long determined) and you don't get to sit in a cell and read, you get to work a chain gang that provides work for private and public use. No, you don't get paid for it and no... you don't get thanked for it. Don't like it? Well... maybe you should have thought of that before you committed that crime against another?
Addiction ( especially to the hard core stuff) impacts entire families, especially children.The public usually "takes care" of the families of addicts, whether or not the addict is in prison.

I am with you as it relates to the chain gang. No reason prison should not be a financially self-sustaining enterprise.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Addiction ( especially to the hard core stuff) impacts entire families, especially children.The public usually "takes care" of the families of addicts, whether or not the addict is in prison.

I am with you as it relates to the chain gang. No reason prison should not be a financially self-sustaining enterprise.
But marijuana isn't physically addictive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies