Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:30 AM

613 posts, read 1,055,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Yet Obama's approval rating higher NOW that it was a couple of months ago.

Obama Job Approval Reaches 50% for First Time Since Spring

Also as of now most economic indicators point to 2011 being a better year economically than 2010.
Polls go up and down. If unemployment is above 9% he's done. Still hang on to that hope though. What did you expect voting in a guy that has no idea what he is doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,339,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Polls go up and down. If unemployment is above 9% he's done. Still hang on to that hope though. What did you expect voting in a guy that has no idea what he is doing
He'll always have his coalition of the willies.

Or, canny?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
Not unless someone finds a way to turn back time. The regressive, backwards policies of the conservatives certainly don't belong in modern times.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:09 AM

344 posts, read 463,069 times
I don't think a true conservative will become president for at least another 20-30 years.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:25 AM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not unless someone finds a way to turn back time. The regressive, backwards policies of the conservatives certainly don't belong in modern times.
What is regressive or backward about recognizing personal responsibility, the rights of an individual or a belief in limited government?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:12 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,014 times
If conservatives can get rid of their wacky base, they just might be surprised who comes around and will vote for them. The problem is social aspects. Nobody wants some crazies trying to make everything illegal because it's ungodly or whatever.. but we would like to balance the budget. So as a gay man, I sit here thinking.. Well if I vote for this person, they will balance the budget sure, but then they'll also come in and kick gays out of the military, ruin any chances of equality in marriage, They'll get up in everyone's business and take away their choices in reproduction the list goes on and on.
A lot of things can be said about bill clinton, but he balanced the budget. I don't care if you like to suck **** or cheat on your wife.. that's not my business. If you can run the country and do your job.. I'll vote for you. But don't sit here and get up on a moral high horse and talk down about modern values and prop up traditional values when you don't live them yourself, only because you have to give the crazies in your base what they want. They are a loud minority. They like to think they are a majority, but if that was the case society wouldn't be liberal like it is now...Liberalism in society will never be controlled or stopped without destroying the constitution.. it's just a fact.. But you can surely put your conservative principles into action in downsizing government, taxes, and budgets.
This is how the parties can come together and recognize this fact, stop fighting, and get some realistic things done! stop pandering to your minority bases and start focusing on the majority middle BOTH PARTIES!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:23 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,754,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What is regressive or backward about recognizing personal responsibility, the rights of an individual or a belief in limited government?
Like I said before, the rights of an individual are rationed when there's too little government (see the confederacy).

Old 01-07-2011, 05:23 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,052,600 times
We probably won't. Just like we'll never have a truly liberal president.

Just shades of moderates.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 PM

352 posts, read 187,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You gave it to me cheap. Now I can sell it for a fat profit to the next conservobot coming down the street.
You are soooo funny in an odd sort of way. Good luck dumping the bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies